View Poll Results: Did you like this Event?/ Which items do you like?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event

7 30.43%
  • I did not like this Event

10 43.48%
  • I could not finish in Time.

10 43.48%
  • Ashfeather Dragon

9 39.13%
  • Weasel Dragon

7 30.43%
  • Grumbleshore Dragon

9 39.13%
  • Compassion Dragon

8 34.78%
  • Firapples

11 47.83%
  • Magical Mirror

1 4.35%
  • Mystic Maps

4 17.39%
  • Island Parts

3 13.04%
  • Raw Marble

1 4.35%
  • Charred Chalice

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wizard World Dragon Tale **NEW POLL ADDED**

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    I love when they do original stories, *not* when they rip off other established franchises? I'm a huge HP fan as well, so I totally agree. They've done this multiple times (Aladdin, etc) and it just shows such a lack of originality, creativity and frankly, effort. :/ Not to mention what everyone else already complains about, the major crunch time with event after event...all the time.
    Exactly!

It's not only the lack of creativity and effort that gets me, but also because I bet S8 would be pretty annoyed if JK Rowling and Warner Bros. "created" a series of for-profit 'Dragon Chronicles' movies, starring the (very familiar looking) Flame Dragon and Cubic Zirconia Dragon. They have ten days to complete a series of tasks in a story-like format to save their brother dragons, and they play Bingo in their very limited spare time!
    It's like the golden rule of fan fiction: if you make money off of it, it's wrong.
    The FFS (and I looove that abbreviation, lol!) HP event was much worse, as far as obvious infringement goes. I dropped that game soon after seeing that event.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Exactly!

It's not only the lack of creativity and effort that gets me, but also because I bet S8 would be pretty annoyed if JK Rowling and Warner Bros. "created" a series of for-profit 'Dragon Chronicles' movies, starring the (very familiar looking) Flame Dragon and Cubic Zirconia Dragon. They have ten days to complete a series of tasks in a story-like format to save their brother dragons, and they play Bingo in their very limited spare time!
    It's like the golden rule of fan fiction: if you make money off of it, it's wrong.
    The FFS (and I looove that abbreviation, lol!) HP event was much worse, as far as obvious infringement goes. I dropped that game soon after seeing that event.
    I wholeheartedly agree. S8 really dropped the ball with this as a monthly theme. Frankly, I don't even like the HP series of books or movies but for this game to really play off that is just awful. As I said before, we had the arcane theme just a little over a month ago. I was expecting a Fey theme since it was the theme last November and it had pretty cool dragons. This Tales look really disorganized with the rare dragon having the same elements as the ultra rare dragon and the token dragon being Prime Arcane for the second time. Ashfeather is the only interesting dragon out of the five connected to this event although I'm not a big fan of red/yellow elements together. I got Ashfeather on the nest now and will stop there. No, not breeding for Weasel nor trying for the others. I'll just use the time to grow my food reserves for the 1 million food challenge. I'm almost half way there, lol.

Nightclub Owner
    Honestly, the near copyright infringement isn't my biggest peeve with the current theme. I mean, obviously I think it's in poor taste but I'm more annoyed that they didn't try harder to create a newer theme. We've only just had a mystical/magical monthly theme and ditto the Arcane element.

I understand that there is going to be some overlap and similarity between dragons, especially now that there we're up to over 1200 dragons but I think one month of any theme is more than enough. Part of me really feels for the creators who have so little time to make new items but then I remember that their workload is a problem of their own making and my sympathy wavers.

If s8 would have more time between events or go back to events lasting longer, they would have more time to come up with more original and creative ideas. Barring the Bird Theme, all the themes in recent history have been a bit stale and had an air of recycled about them. I think if they're feeling a lack of creativity (which would be understandable at this point) perhaps they could have a contest for new themes? It's been ages since I've seen any contest and it could be a great way to introduce some fresh ideas into the game. Hint, hint s8!

As for this event, I'm likely not going to bother. I've not logged into my game since the LB ended and even then I only logged in once a day during that event. I think I'm dangerously close to burn out so I'm logging in less to try and avoid giving up the game for good. A week and a half off might be in my best interest at this point.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 11-03-18 at 10:03 PM.

New Resident
    Thanks probably only going to make it to Chapter 7

Farm Supplier
    If anyone is waiting for the auto start, beware. The only pop up I didn’t get was the one saying the Tale had started.

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    ...<snip>... The FFS (and I looove that abbreviation, lol!) HP event was much worse, as far as obvious infringement goes ...<snip>...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Honestly, the near copyright infringement isn't my biggest peeve with the current theme ...<snip>...
    I don't believe there is any copyright infringement here, near or otherwise, because, in many countries, the U.S. and U.K. included, the law of Fair Use allows for the creative parody or spoofing of original copyrighted works.

We may love or hate the HP series, and we may adore or abhor the spoofed characters that S8 have come up with, but we should at least think that they would have their rears covered. I'm pretty sure they would have spent a few of the coins they gathered from us gamers on at least one somebody trained in copyright law.

The ROLLBAck issue is really getting on my nerves

I started the game fresh (meaning I closed it and restarted it), then went to do Chapter 4 of the Tales. It said to start the Magic Exam Quest, so I did just that. I got the message that Act One was done but when I tapped to acknowledge it, the screen blinks and I don't see the pop-up for Act Two. However, the quest timer was still on so it looked like everything had gone through, but just to be sure, I tapped the DT icon again.

Sure enough! The stupid ROLLBACK issue had struck again in the way that only numbskulls could have designed ... the completed Act One was reset to incomplete but the quest was not reset, which means I have to wait three hours just to do the quest for Act One again

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

And the problem is NOT with my ISP!!! How anyone could even suggest that is beyond me!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I don't believe there is any copyright infringement here, near or otherwise, because, in many countries, the U.S. and U.K. included, the law of Fair Use allows for the creative parody or spoofing of original copyrighted works.
    No, there isn't any copyright infringement in this case (or in any of the other Tales, etc that they have done). They're certainly not stupid, but I do feel it *is* still in poor taste. Other games that I regularly play also sometimes do spins of parody or homages, but I guess it's executed a bit 'better' than this?

Regardless of the almost-cloning issue, being an artist and having spent many years within the gaming industry, from AAA titles both on console, PC and mobile, I think it's something that irks me on a personal level. It's so much easier to take *other* people's creative and unique designs and just mirror that instead of coming up with originality on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    If s8 would have more time between events or go back to events lasting longer, they would have more time to come up with more original and creative ideas. Barring the Bird Theme, all the themes in recent history have been a bit stale and had an air of recycled about them. I think if they're feeling a lack of creativity (which would be understandable at this point) perhaps they could have a contest for new themes? It's been ages since I've seen any contest and it could be a great way to introduce some fresh ideas into the game. Hint, hint s8!
    This is what I'm fully in agreement with. I so wish they would go back to longer events, resulting in *fewer* events, which would give them much more time to come up with something way more creative, fun and exciting for everyone.

Again, I realize that after the creation of 5 billion dragons, you start to hit a bit of a plateau. But things would be far more interesting and fun for their players (and I imagine a bit easier for the devs) if they toned down the constant churning out of more events than people can even get into.

The comments all over the forum speak for themselves. People are frustrated, unhappy, they can't keep up, they're completely burned out, and some long-time veteran players have even flat out quit the game. Others have no real incentive to spend money anymore, while new players are too overwhelmed with the insane requirements and aren't given enough to *want* to spend the money.

The game has become more like 'Dragon Competition', or 'Dragon Micromanagement' rather than 'Dragon Story'. It's really sad because many of us used to *love* this game and now it's turned into a chore to try and keep up. Things are just so darn packed with the tournaments, Tales, LB, WE, monthly, mining, and let's not forget the 5000 'breed x dragon for x points'.

With the Tales, how does one find time to send their previous-event prized dragon on a quest for the Essence, especially when it takes an entire day...? And if one cannot seem to breed the dragon required for a Tales, how are they going to find the time to try and breed for the *other* dragon required to obtain extra points for the monthly dragons...? Things are just SO packed, all the time!

I think eventually I'm also going to get to the point where I'm burned out and will just stop playing. This is one of the only games I would throw money at too :/

Fashion Designer
    I'm totally done with the arcane theme November is about autumn and Thanksgiving this is just too dang much arcane []
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-05-18 at 11:31 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The ROLLBAck issue is really getting on my nerves

I started the game fresh (meaning I closed it and restarted it), then went to do Chapter 4 of the Tales. It said to start the Magic Exam Quest, so I did just that. I got the message that Act One was done but when I tapped to acknowledge it, the screen blinks and I don't see the pop-up for Act Two. However, the quest timer was still on so it looked like everything had gone through, but just to be sure, I tapped the DT icon again.

Sure enough! The stupid ROLLBACK issue had struck again in the way that only numbskulls could have designed ... the completed Act One was reset to incomplete but the quest was not reset, which means I have to wait three hours just to do the quest for Act One again

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

And the problem is NOT with my ISP!!! How anyone could even suggest that is beyond me!
    You are exactly right! What is going on with the roll backs?!?! It’s happening to many of us in all different locations and with different ISPs. When it happens many of us can’t move on to another task either and it takes days to get a response because S8 has a lot of things to do and tickets to respond to in the meantime. Thus, the whole event becomes useless and upsetting. Something needs to be done. People suggest visiting a neighbor or going to arctic before we start each thing, but I forget sometimes and really, who has time for that every time we log in?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast