Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
I love when they do original stories, *not* when they rip off other established franchises? I'm a huge HP fan as well, so I totally agree. They've done this multiple times (Aladdin, etc) and it just shows such a lack of originality, creativity and frankly, effort. :/ Not to mention what everyone else already complains about, the major crunch time with event after event...all the time.
Exactly!

It's not only the lack of creativity and effort that gets me, but also because I bet S8 would be pretty annoyed if JK Rowling and Warner Bros. "created" a series of for-profit 'Dragon Chronicles' movies, starring the (very familiar looking) Flame Dragon and Cubic Zirconia Dragon. They have ten days to complete a series of tasks in a story-like format to save their brother dragons, and they play Bingo in their very limited spare time!
It's like the golden rule of fan fiction: if you make money off of it, it's wrong.
The FFS (and I looove that abbreviation, lol!) HP event was much worse, as far as obvious infringement goes. I dropped that game soon after seeing that event.