• I like Citizens as prizes/rewards

20 13.25%
  • I don't like Citizens as prizes/rewards

101 66.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/1: A Family Affair | *goals and info on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    I'm planning to bail out after I get the clubhouse. I'm massively behind on this one due to hardly having time to log on for the first three days and not being motivated to log on every two hours now to chop things and face the poor collections. It's a lot of effort for a walker that will be stuck in the town hall and a waste of gems for all of the Ivy speeding up that I'd have to do.

This event started quite well but has really turned into a boring same-old repeat in the later stages.

If Fi-Fi goes on sale at the end of the event I might get her though (hint hint) as I quite like the look of her and her and since both of my worlds start with Fi it seems a nice idea to have her.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Yes, the clubhouse was the reward for repair 3. It is pretty though! The last repair will give you Granny Maeve. I'm on the home straight. Just need the 6 of chapter 1, rest done. Coins and stored energy have taken a massive hit this event.
    Thank you very much for clarifying the issue. I'm pretty sure I'll end up crafting the Clubhouse but not Maeve. While I would like to have her as a resident in my realm, I don't see much point in putting in this much time/effort when I never display my walkers (other than the Headless Horsemen Twins) and won't really benefit from expending the extra effort.

Farm Supplier
    I?m working on goal 12 but my watchtowers seem to have stopped dropping envelopes.

Rhino Keeper
    I think I'm done, too. When I collect the Clubhouse craft, it's the last thing I'm going to do for this event. Even if some events are boring, I can usually power through if there is a good item at the end. But crafting 18 more chapters for a citizen, and all that Energy that it will require... I'm fine with Old Thomas and Agnes as my elderly population, I'm not all that interested in adding Maeve. I'd rather use that Energy to work on my kingdom. That appeals to me much more right now.

Good luck to the rest of you still working on the event!
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Rhino Keeper
    With an average of 1 parchment per tree I have to chop down about 120 trees just to finish chapter 3 *insert smilie with big eyes*. I'm going to leave the event there. I'm doing this for the 100 crowns, otherwise I would have quit at the beginning of this week.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I've crafted more than 1 Photo in the Clubhouse out of curiosity to see if they were all the same.. well they're all identical to the 1st so - I was wrong!
    I was also perplexed why we won it at the end of a goal, and thought being a crafting center would have future use and not only to craft *one* Photo... here too - I was wrong!

And honestly I still find it hard to believe that all we're getting for a *massive* energy consuming event of *15 days attention* is a Walker, that mind you I like the walkers, but being maxed out on them at this stage of the game, we don't have the possibility of exposing all. It's like having a full set of whatever animals without the possibility of placing them as a set if we wish.

I'm on the home straight as well.. I'll finish, but a bit deluded.
    I had decided at the outset that I wouldn’t play. Then a few days later I saw the clubhouse and started playing along *just in case* the clubhouse turned out to be useful...like it allowed us to craft permits or something. So I’ve gotten through the goals pretty quickly having been really fortunate with drops apparently. But now I’m at the goal that rewards me with the clubhouse and...sigh...I’m not sure I want the clubhouse. I definitely don’t want the walker.

Is it that the clubhouse is just used to complete the final goal for Maeve & then converts to decor after?

Executive Chef
    I am very disenchanted. I really only have Ivy and the parchment left (8 more teddy bears and 20 blankets but those are pretty easy every few hours collecting from chickens and 9 fruit trees should complete without much effort). It's the parchment that is making me want to quit. The only reason I started is because I am at the Mermaid goals of leveling the castle to 8, 9 and 10 so I need to accumulate lots of money so I figured I plug along while collecting from high coin yielding items.

However, needing 170 more parchment with only getting at most 1 per deadtree just depresses me. I don't want to chop 170 dead trees. That's over 3 days of just chopping trees.

Boring, boring, boring.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I had decided at the outset that I wouldn?t play. Then a few days later I saw the clubhouse and started playing along *just in case* the clubhouse turned out to be useful...like it allowed us to craft permits or something. So I?ve gotten through the goals pretty quickly having been really fortunate with drops apparently. But now I?m at the goal that rewards me with the clubhouse and...sigh...I?m not sure I want the clubhouse. I definitely don?t want the walker.

Is it that the clubhouse is just used to complete the final goal for Maeve & then converts to decor after?
    The Club House completes the 11th goal:
    Goal 11:
    * Investigate the Baron's Secret Clubhouse 0/1 GO (skip 30 gems)
    * Find the family photo 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp

'Investigate' means do the photo craft.. only ONE! Then it's useless as no more photos are required in the event..or it's only for cute deco use. Maybe it'll have coin drops after-event? I highly doubt it as it's a Crafting Building which usually empties. So it remains a cute crafting building to craft photos as material you don't even use

I'm still deluded and still feel this particular event was just thrown hurriedly our way without interest on behalf of the designers just to give you 'something to keep clicking'. I'd rather a delightful event with (at least!) one usefull prize, less frequent.. than this type every week.

To tell the truth I can't think of a positive reason to encourage forum readers against their wish to abandon.. only: 'I did them all so I'll do this one too' and do suggest if there are more important goals to finish in the Goal Book.. use your energy there to complete them.

The Baron I'm sure will be pleased with your choice as I'm sure he doesn't want his Granny to trail him. He's an independent guy!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    I have just collected from my six watchtowers and saw three notes drop. However I have none in my inventory. Has anyone else noticed this.
    I also noticed that all the parchments that you see drop from dead trees don?t add on to the tally.
    ????

Edit: Oh, now I remember, they don’t show in inventory. I just feel silly.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    The Club House completes the 11th goal:
    Goal 11:
    * Investigate the Baron's Secret Clubhouse 0/1 GO (skip 30 gems)
    * Find the family photo 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp

'Investigate' means do the photo craft.. only ONE! Then it's useless as no more photos are required in the event..or it's only for cute deco use. Maybe it'll have coin drops after-event? I highly doubt it as it's a Crafting Building which usually empties. So it remains a cute crafting building to craft photos as material you don't even use

I'm still deluded and still feel this particular event was just thrown hurriedly our way without interest on behalf of the designers just to give you 'something to keep clicking'. I'd rather a delightful event with (at least!) one usefull prize, less frequent.. than this type every week.

To tell the truth I can't think of a positive reason to encourage forum readers against their wish to abandon.. only: 'I did them all so I'll do this one too' and do suggest if there are more important goals to finish in the Goal Book.. use your energy there to complete them.

The Baron I'm sure will be pleased with your choice as I'm sure he doesn't want his Granny to trail him. He's an independent guy!
    Thanks Moon. I’m really glad I put my chickens and watchtowers away last night.