Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: A Bumper Crop - 2018 Oct 25 (15 Days)

Why do I do every single goal? Because it's fun and the game will be dull without them and because I want more options for decorations wallpapers and tiles and everything else it can offer and because it will be forever locked if I don't complete them.

It's the sudden shift in difficulty is what I'm complaining about yet I still give it a go and convince myself that it's not too bad.

This game is fun I won't deny that otherwise I would have quit years ago, but is it too much to ask for the game to be fare for everyone? The hard core and casuals? I just don't want the goals to be unbearable... many of my neighbors have quit already.

In the end I'm just a human and have my limits, if the game isn't fun for me anymore I can simply look for another.

I really have nothing else to say haha 😂
    Also thank you everyone for your comments and insights I like to read everyone's point of view

Have a good day ❤️

Rhino Keeper
    What's with the sudden decrease in collectible drops? I just served and restarted 5 scare-amel apples and one pumpkin juice and only had 2 collectibles drop. It was like that all day yesterday too. Some times I didn't get any.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    Please enlighten me: Why do every single goal? Do you really love the tiles, wallpaper, tables, and chairs? Do you really need more decorations? Why not pick and choose? There are wonderful players posting each goal's steps. Wait, look at those steps, and decide whether or not you'll skip this one. I'm doing that, and it has greatly reduced the stress, pressure, and frustration.
    I'm still a completist in RS--I missed just a couple of goals before I started playing, and there was once a goal for players over lvl 40 only, because it was extra tough (although probably easier than current goals). I just hit that level midway through the goal, and couldn't afford it. But everything else I've done, except when it's a side goal and I already have the prize.

In BS it's different--I did all the goals until they gave us a goal you had to spend gems to complete. Once I skipped that one, it was much easier to skip others. But feeling not particularly driven to finish the goals has left me kind of bored with that game. I liked RS more in general anyway, but even so, my enjoyment of BS has gone way down without goals motivating me to check in. I mostly try them and just don't care if I fail to finish, but it sort of translates into not caring about the game at all.

So doing goals makes me happier than not doing them, even if they're hard.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm kicking myself! I've been accepting and declining the wrong scarecrows all day! I should've double checked but I was busy so when I unlocked the Jack O Lantern Fountain today, I realized I had all the wrong parts saved up, lol. At least there's requests I can send out for the proper items!
    -------------------
    My thoughts goals:

When goals (as they are now) first came out, they were a fun way to get special content and something extra to do for those who chose. However, that was back when they were 30 days and we were still getting regular content updates throughout the month in conjunction with goals. So if you skipped a goal it wasn't a huge loss - you could still have new ovens and decos without goals as there was a regular update schedule separate of goals.

It's slowly changed over time so that now the only updates we get are the goals themselves. This may not be as noticeable to newer players who are still leveling up and unlocking recipes, ovens and permanent market content but for those that have been 99 for ages, it's really obvious that the only new content is through goals as we'd have nothing new without them.

This new system means the only way I can get new ovens with new recipes to master and a complete set of new decos is if I complete the goals. I'm not complaining! Without these goals I'd literally have nothing to do in the game (other than redecorate) because I've long since mastered all the recipes and purchased all the wanted market content over the years.

Even if I don't like the goal theme I'll still participate if only to have the decos unlocked if I ever want them for future remodeling projects. While I may not like a specific deco at the time of release, there's no saying that I won't want to display it months or years from now. For me, every time a new goal is released I get a small pang of excitement to see what new content we're getting.

I've never felt pressured to play or finish a goal but I can understand that it might not be feasible for some players to finish each and every goal. As with all things s8, it comes down to how long you've been playing, your personal preferences and playing style. So long as you're happy with the way you handle goals, not much else matters.

Nightclub Owner
    Graphics now up in first post!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I'm actually going to break up with you as a neighbor tagliatele--you're great about gifting, and I wholeheartedly recommend you to anyone else who is speedy with goals, but you're much too fast for me. On day 2 and for at least a couple more days, I still need first oven parts, and when you're completely finished and start sending non-goal parts as gifts, I still need second oven parts. Normally I just decline to free up a space for a gift I want, but knowing it's always going to be that way under your play style, I'm just accepting that we aren't a good match.
    Completely agree and removed tagliatele as well for the same reasons. This not caring about what neighbors need is not my style.

I know these goals are hard, but when I first started playing the difficulty level was just as hard as a new player, when I saw the prizes that I'd missed I just thought, wow not missed much...
    but at least I got the tables/chairs/odd characters/pets...if I was starting now I'd probably still play....I love this game, & think it's actually improving..
    & no you don't have to be on 24/7 to complete.

Rhino Keeper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181031-123755.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	48341

Seriously? Is it too much to ask for the drops to be a bit more even? Come on!

Executive Chef
    Wow...mine are way more even than that (26-29-33-25)

Farm Supplier
    Come on S8 you can hardly tell what the final prize is its so poorly rendered. All that work for a crappy prize and on Halloween the mots anticipated prize season I say!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 11-01-18 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate word

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast