Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: A Bumper Crop - 2018 Oct 25 (15 Days)

For the record, I am someone who works 8 hours a day, goes home to 2 small boys, makes dinner, bathes my kids and reads them bed time stories until they fall asleep. I do not have access to my phone other than breaks and lunch at work my phone is literally locked away during the day when I'm working. And yes, I complete these goals with days to spare. I have no issue with this the goal time frames.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the new side goal layout, 85 is way too much, even if it's only 1 hour Now, but in the future they will slowly introduce us to 2 3 5 hours or even 1 day recepies and we have to cook how much in the span of 15 days? And that's not okay

I was too tired today, I couldn't get to my phone most times and when I do the food is already spoiled and that happened 3 times today

I'm still thinking whither I should quit or not, it's really starting to not feel fun for me and I'm still here hoping that they'll listen and change things for the better :/

I find it hard to believe when people say they finish with days to spare, if so then please tell me your secrets 😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    1-hour recipes are terribly difficult to keep up with because they spoil so quickly.

These high numbers are an issue.

IF YOUR FINGERS TINGLE OR ?ZAP? WHEN YOU TAP, you are damaging the nerves. STOP TAPPING! This goes double for diabetics who poke their fingers.

I really wish they would require fewer taps.

A stylus helps a lot. I had to use on when I had a sprained wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by MeruBunny View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the new side goal layout, 85 is way too much, even if it's only 1 hour Now, but in the future they will slowly introduce us to 2 3 5 hours or even 1 day recepies and we have to cook how much in the span of 15 days? And that's not okay

I was too tired today, I couldn't get to my phone most times and when I do the food is already spoiled and that happened 3 times today

I'm still thinking whither I should quit or not, it's really starting to not feel fun for me and I'm still here hoping that they'll listen and change things for the better :/

I find it hard to believe when people say they finish with days to spare, if so then please tell me your secrets 😭😭😭
    Hi. I normally finish the goals in about 6-7 days (in the new format). Below I will give an outline of the strategy I use in the new goal format:

- when I know the date of the start of the new goal is coming up (for me the goal usually starts between 9pm and midnight; of course this will depend on your time zone), I hold off with gifts to neighbours on that day, don't accept any gifts and don't make requests for myself, in order to ensure that once the goal starts in the evening, I am able to send 20 relevant parts (which I'm sure my neighbours will appreciate and reciprocate), receive 20 relevant parts and request 20 relevant parts.

- when a new goal appears, we receive 1 ready built oven. In addition to this, I immediately send request to all of my neighbours for 20 relevant parts, while also sending out 20 relevant parts to them (I know they will be returning the favour shortly). This will give me 40 relevant parts on day one, which allows me to build a second oven.

- While waiting for the 20 gifts and 20 requests to come back to me, I spend probably approx. 30 min starting a dish on the one stove I have, putting it back in the storage, taking it out, starting a dish again until I have enough of the collectibles to allow me to build the third oven (40 parts needed for an oven in part one).
    This way, I achieve three ovens (for part 1 of the goal) on day one of the goal.

- During the last two goals, I decided I would only build three ovens for part 1 of the goal. In the previous format I used to build 5, but because aborting and restarting dishes in order to gain parts, costs coins, I am saving coins on the number of the ovens I'm buying.

- on the morning of the second day (at daily reset, which for me falls at 8am), since I am not planning to build any more of the first oven, I send out 20 gifts to my neighbours, which are parts relating to the oven which will appear in part two of the goal (in this particular goal - pumpkin heads and scarecrow). It would appear that many of my neighbours follow a similar strategy, as I receive back the 20 parts relating to the second oven. Obviousy, I am not able to send part requests at this stage, as the second oven has not been unlocked yet, but I already start accumulating parts for the second oven, while still cooking dishes for part one).

- once I'm finished with dishes in part one (probably on the evening of day 3 or morning of day 4) the second oven unlocks.

- by now, as more days have passed, I sent and received another 20 or 40 parts relating to second oven, therefore have max 60 gifts

- I also send out 20 requests, which gives me a total of max 80 parts already in my gift folder. I also have the one ready oven provided by RS.

- at this stage I spend about 30 min quickly aborting and restarting cooking dishes on the first oven, in order to gather enough collectibles, so that I can have a total of four ovens for part two (I used to build six in the old format). Since I have 1 oven ready and 80 parts in storage, I need further 136 (72 parts needed for each of the ovens in part two).

- from now on, I just continue to cook. I set timers on my phone when I can. You are right that the 1h dishes spoil quickly, and it did happen to me several times during this goal.

- just as an fyi - I currently have a total of 24 oven spaces, which makes cooking of dishes for side goals relatively easy. In the new format, I normally finish the side goal by the time I finish the part one of the goal, therefore I have 21 oven spaces at my disposal for the side goal.

- I started playing RS only about a year ago. I concentrate on accumulating the gems and using them firstly to increase the number of oven spaces and then the area of my restaurant. I am not one to go crazy on decor. I like seeing my restaurant growing slowly but surely.
    Last week was the first and last time I purchased gems for real money (50 gems for around ?2 on sale) - I didn't really need them, it's just that the offer was tempting. I now regret giving in 😉

As you can see, I don't really do anything special to complete the goal quickly. The only annoying thing in the new format is the need to abort and restart the dishes in order to gain parts, but I only spend about an hour doing it every 15 - 20 days and so. Although not ideal, I wouldn't consider it undoable; yet it seems to drive some people mad 😉

S8 own the game. It is a free, brilliant game. We can't be surprised they try to entice people to spend money.

On the other hand, being able to gain parts through re-cooking is quite handy really, as you are not limited to what neighbours send.

I think for me, working out a system and planning ahead was crucial - things like remembering to hold off with the gifts prior to start of the goal, which gives a huge advantage on day one, as well as starting to accumulate parts for the second oven starting already on day two. Always sending out gifts and requests at daily time reset to all of your neighbours).

RS (and BS for the last month) is the only game I currently play. It really doesn't take up too much time.
    I enjoy the fact that the game makes you think and requires some kind of strategy. I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it wasn't at leats a little bit challenging.

As mentioned before - I describe my actions referencing mornings and evenings, but since we are all in different time zones, you may have to re-arrange the details, so that the system suits your life-style.

I hope you were able to make some sense out of the above 😉
    Let me know if you have any questions!

If you'd like like to add me, my ID is tagliatele.
    I only look for quality players (level 99 and 3 or 4 stars), who actively participate in goals.
    I don't generally read mine or post on others' walls.

Good strategy, I tried it and it does work. Unfortunately I’m disappointed that we have to create a system like yours to accomplish these goal when we didn’t need to before. Thanks for your input tagliatele.

Rhino Keeper
    And for me goals starts late, so i have to wait for it, then at reset time 10 am for me EST zone i cannot send my neighbours gifts and requests coz at this exact time i'm working and cannot use my phone just to send gifts and accept requests, i can do it later 1-2 hours later when some of my neighbours get maxed on their gifts, plus at RS i don't have many neighbours, some can send me wrong gifts coz they don't care what i've been requested, can't read not their or even my walls. So your strategy doesn't work for me, and I'm able to visit all my neighbours and start to cook only after 8 hours of work being deadly tired, and i play 4 games and visit many neighbours in my other games, so around till midnight or so i'm playing my games and visit neighbours while cooking these 85-1hr recipes. Yes, it's possible to cook them but I'd prefer 3-5 hrs dishes to cook if they would be max 15-20 servings, but never 85 and i don't wanna later find in the goal to cook 10-22 hrs recipes for 100-1000 servings. You're a student, so for you sure it's easy and I'm a worker and i can't leave my job even for a sec, coz i don't have free minute until my lunch break which lasts also not that long, plus still can't rely on all of my neighbours, even i have some good neighbours.

Executive Chef
    I'm actually going to break up with you as a neighbor tagliatele--you're great about gifting, and I wholeheartedly recommend you to anyone else who is speedy with goals, but you're much too fast for me. On day 2 and for at least a couple more days, I still need first oven parts, and when you're completely finished and start sending non-goal parts as gifts, I still need second oven parts. Normally I just decline to free up a space for a gift I want, but knowing it's always going to be that way under your play style, I'm just accepting that we aren't a good match.

Although I'm starting to get used to the new goals despite not being a fan of it, I just wish that they'd go back to the old style with the side goal, I just can't do these 1 hour recepies 100+ times without being awake since they spoil too quickly

And since when has a cooking game became a strategy game? I play this game to relax and have fun but now it's just back to back goals with occasionally the horrible 5 days goal where you are screwed if you don't have atleast 8 ovens ready and there aren't any collectibles for them to build faster.

If you like to play this way dear then good for you, I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world 😄❤️

But different people have different play styles and the new goal starts at 2 am where I live

this game has turned like work? Babysitting? Anyways I can't keep the game out of my sight and I can only relax during the second part 🤣

Right now it feels like S8 are thinking
    (How much pressure I can give the players for them to decide to open there wallets ) are you busy and don't have time to finish the goal? Well you can always spend some gems to speed things up so let's keep increasing parts and cooking requirements until you have to 😉

Right now it feels like S8 are thinking
    (How much pressure I can give the players for them to decide to open there wallets ) are you busy and don't have time to finish the goal? Well you can always spend some gems to speed things up so let's keep increasing parts and cooking requirements until you have to ��[/QUOTE]
    That is exactly what they are doing, and obviously it's working. People complain, but they still attempt every goal, and then complain again when they can't finish.
    Please enlighten me: Why do every single goal? Do you really love the tiles, wallpaper, tables, and chairs? Do you really need more decorations? Why not pick and choose? There are wonderful players posting each goal's steps. Wait,look at those steps, and decide whether or not you'll skip this one. I'm doing that, and it has greatly reduced the stress, pressure, and frustration.

I’m doing the same checking if I like, have the time or just decide not to do goals. I stop doing the 5 day goals a while back. Closed my restaurant for a bit but give my neighbors their daily gifts and gifts they request and trying to keep my tables clear until I have more time.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast