Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Higher Level, More Common Dragons...

Banned

Higher Level, More Common Dragons...

Anyone who's at a higher level in this game notice more common dragon results from breeding than anything else?
    I have an account at level 194 and haven't bred a new super rare or ultra rare dragon since earlier this year. I never been through such a drought in the earlier times of playing. Yep, if it ain't a Neo Bubble, it's a Coral, Volt, Mist, Love, Penumbra (a rare that acts like a common), Lunar Ram (see Penumbra), Athletic (see Penumbra), Enamored, Snow Elf, Gloriosa, Firestorm or Winter.
    I've mentioned before that this game has too many common dragons (50 at last count) and some have the same color combos just to block out super or ultra rares. Thankfully there's a little relief in the Codex but it takes so long to create anything. It's crazy that the only way we're getting new dragons is through non stop events instead of the original purpose of the game - breeding. Not very many breedable dragons are released on the update days of Tuesday and Friday like they used to be and all are only breedable for a week when, in the past, they were around either for a month or became permanent dragons. I'd love to see most of these commons, especially the ones that have the same color combos as existing common dragons eliminated like long term dragons like Aether and Mindvolt.
    I made this thread to get opinions of other players as opposed to making suggestions to S8 because it seems like it goes in one ear and out the other (not meant to be an insult, it's just observation).
    So my fellow Caretakers at higher levels, do you find it harder to breed super rares and ultra rares than ever before or is it just me?

Nightclub Owner
    This is an interesting subject and while I've got no theories myself, I would like to share my general info and findings in the hopes that it may help develop or flesh out your own theories.

I've been level 200 for ages and at this point the only breedable dragons I need are: Gossamer, Valiant, Prime Magic, Prime Loyal, Prime Power and Prime Void. Naturally, the only dragons I've been pairing on the Den are parents with these dragons as possible outcomes.

I've had zero luck breeding any of the above mentioned dragons despite trying for months but I don't think I've had any distinct lack of SRs. I do, of course, get a lot of Commons but I think that's just because the market is a bit over saturated with them in my mind. I immediately sell of any Rare or Commons I get so I've not kept count but I make sure to keep the SRs which I toss into storage to feed up during LBs and then disenchant at a later date.

Because I only feed my dragons during LBs, it's an easy way for me to be able to tell how many SRs I've bred since the last LB. Over the last week or so since the last LB I've gotten 7 SRs and one UR in my storage amid the uncounted Rares and Commons.

I do always have both the Den and the Roost active so that may skew my numbers in a certain way. I also wonder if the introduction of event dragons or other limited dragons into the breeding pool alters the stats. Because I've noticed that when a new breedable is tossed into the mix, my breeding results seem to fluctuate wildly.

Since I'm always breeding for the same handful of dragons I do notice I get certain fails more often. Lately I've been seeing lots of Wooden and Charms but if I keep my original pairing on the Roost while an event is ongoing or a new limited dragon is added to the market, my fails are usually dragons that I rarely see.

Did I explain that in a way that's understandable? I hope so because it's something that happens often during events and bugs me because it makes me think that the coding for breeding during events is different than for breeding during 'downtime.'

Fashion Designer
    It took me likely a YEAR of non stop breeding to get a prism, I kept doing the same diamond/infinity and mythic over and over and over and over and just a week or so ago I FINALLY got it.

The way that S8 has diluted the pool makes it so impossible to breed anymore and like every single week ANOTHER common is added to the pool. The poor people who are just starting out stand zero chance to get the really cool dragons and especially the diamond hybrid ones. I am at L200 and I lack many diamond hybrids too because it takes so long to breed anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Anyone who's at a higher level in this game notice more common dragon results from breeding than anything else?

<--snip-->

So my fellow Caretakers at higher levels, do you find it harder to breed super rares and ultra rares than ever before or is it just me?
    I've been at level 200 since forever and except for the Super-Ultra-Rare-Commons required for the events, I find that breeding the rest of the dragons is pretty much up to your luck. I've been able to breed a Diamond hybrid at least once a month, except for the Black Diamond, Diamond Horn, Valiant and Quasar. I did, however, managed to trade of the extra Ultra Rares and Super Rares for the Valient and Quasar, and now thanks to the newly crafted Light Mother, I'll be getting a Diamond Horn in three days

Banned
    Lvl 199. It does seem like S8 plays w breeder. When we need to get a common for event, i seem to get mostly rare n maybe SR tho not so much for LB, they can't give us too many bonus points. But with this last dragon, toll, maybe because of colors involved , i got mostly commons. So i wonder if things are being changed in breeder.

Even when I do get rare, SR they are the easier to get ones, as mentioned, clockwork, dark Phoenix, landworm....i do notice that eggs seem cyclical. Look at nests as you visit players and you see a lot of the same egg showing up. Hubby yesterday got a Moon, I just got 31 hours now. Suspicious, if you ask me.

And there are some dragons that I'd like, are in the possibles and still elude...pixie, origami, archangel, quicksilver,teacup ....... And some are rare so should be more attainable. I do wonder but keep trying. Most bingo breeds i throw in dark angel and most times get 10 hours. But i have hope!

Banned
    Did you hear about the new craze in the human world? You watched the show, now play the game. S8 PROPERTY BROTHERS.

Rhino Keeper
    Can?t say I?ve seen a drought in SR and even Rare dragons. I was breeding for a bingo challenge and goT two Ridgebacks, back to back. It seems like a common Diamond type, I already had 3, so I?ll trade these for essence.

Beryl, Crusader and Quetzal are also pretty easy for me. But like others, I have tried for 3+ years for Prism, Helios, Chakra, Quasar. I finally crafted Valiant but if other Diamond types are breedable, I?d rather keep essence for unbreedables.

PS I?m at level 192, btw

Rhino Keeper
    I would love a frequent clean-up where all event-originated commons were removed from the breeding pool. They should of course still be available in the Codex for anyone who didn't get them in the event.

Like other long-time players I also have a limited list of dragons I still need to breed. But they are becoming increasingly difficult to get with each new event creating more fail options

Rhino Keeper
    In all of my breeding I've gotten 1 diamond type in over a year. Have approximately 1000 unique dragons and thought I might get more, but just a million commons these days.

Rhino Keeper
    Just now, in my attempt to breed the common for the current event, I got 3 SR dragons, 2 Honeybee, and Fireflower and 3 rares, 2 Mythic, 1 Wooden. All for trade. Still no sign of the Primal Flame I need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast