Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Monster Mash Tournament 10/12/18

Banned
    I want to put this little tidbit out there. As I wrote to Phoenix, unfortunately, not all dragons that players like the ones on this forum and I use may not work for others. I learned that early in my battling days. All of us have a few dragons on our islands that are champion ****ers. Some can do it with Diamond types. Diamond types are inconsistent on my island so I rarely use them. My consistent champ ****ers are Passion, Dark, Fire, Forest, Water and Air. Other islands they don't work. In other words, I say experiment and test a variety of dragons to see which ones work for you and if it's some of the ones we use - great. If not, find your crew and use it consistently. Good luck to all of you in future tourneys.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I want to put this little tidbit out there. As I wrote to Phoenix, unfortunately, not all dragons that players like the ones on this forum and I use may not work for others. I learned that early in my battling days. All of us have a few dragons on our islands that are champion ****ers. Some can do it with Diamond types. Diamond types are inconsistent on my island so I rarely use them. My consistent champ ****ers are Passion, Dark, Fire, Forest, Water and Air. Other islands they don't work. In other words, I say experiment and test a variety of dragons to see which ones work for you and if it's some of the ones we use - great. If not, find your crew and use it consistently. Good luck to all of you in future tourneys.
    This is so very true and they are really words to live by for tourneys in DS. Early on in battles out of all the posters there was only one whose results closely matched my own experiences so I would always look for their results if I was stuck on a tricky dragon. None of the other dragons used by players were effective at all in my game excluding this one player. This is really the main reason why I post my results; on the off-chance that there is someone out there who has similar battle results to my own experience and can get ideas from my win list. Of course, none of this is taking into account those tricky unbeatables that a few of us run into now and then in our battles.

Fashion Designer
    Unless people are using radically different versions of the game, everyone's dragons are the same. Different people's games and dragons are not coded differently. What you are seeing are the typical, and not unexpected, results of the Law of Averages and the Law of Large Numbers, and how they apply to odds and probablity, and how all of that is packed into the algorithm used for battling. In short: the scale you all are thinking on is way too small.

Searching a term like "gambling odds and probability" will pop up many websites that can explain it all much more clearly (and waaaaay more succinctly) that I ever could.

The amount of data in these personal experiences, and in the anecdotal evidence given in the battle lists, is too small to be conclusive. When compared to the whole, it's really a miniscule amount of data. You gotta think BIG. Plus, the way the Arena selects opponents, there are too many variables to draw any real or accurate conclusions.

For example, there is no way for a 15Air to battle an 18Battlesteed 100 times, and then compare those results with the results of 100 match-ups between a 15Diamond and an 18Battlesteed. You would need *at least* that to even begin trying to prove a theory (and not to mention, there is no way to know how many bites of food that 18Battlesteed has had- is he a fresh 1-bite 18, or is he almost a 19 who has had 3 bites of food?). The Arena throws up opponents at different levels. Sure, some are repeated, but how many times have you really battled the *exact* same opponent, level and all? At the most, maybe a dozen? That's nothing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567