Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alive Dragon Tournament 10/5/18

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    Hey Kevin - Welcome back

Yes all much tougher - I?m also on Rd 17 but with only 5 losses to BK so far. HOWEVER out of 16 rounds I?ve managed only 3 straight victories. Even lost Rd 1. And yes, I used all the right colours & all the right levels but Champ after champ defeated. I am definitely NOT enjoying this one little bit. But you know what? I am at the stage with this game that I am past caring. If average losses per round continue, I will never get to final round before time runs out so I can?t even be bothered sticking to hourly schedule. After all with so many still waiting to be healed what is the point. A few more like this and it will be time to spend all accumulated gold and bow out.
    I so admire Skyharbour who manages to get thru with so few defeats. I have tried the copycat approach but Fire, Forest and Air obviously hate me because they just lie down and take it.
    BTW is there anyway I can hand over my account to someone else. It seems ludicrous to waste what it has taken me so long to build not to mention the $ investment required to run 2 Dens and multiple nests
    Thanks Ellerslie6! Yes, unfortunately your tournament experiences are similar to mine and players such as AnnirasSweets and Nuicakes. It is sad that these recent tournaments have been made to be more difficult to get through starting with Battlemage back on 1st September (albeit that these 30 round tournament durations have increased from 5 to 6 days, which is an ominous sign)! I've theorized before that certain types of players get profiled and put into tougher groups (but haven't had the time to do a full analysis, but from the stats I've received to date from some players, it looks like the threshold is pretty low, or perhaps it is linked to gold spend; I haven't been able to find a clear common thread yet). I too use color matching, etc. but don't get anywhere near the level of success experienced by players like skyharbor602.

Players like skyharbor602 are truly blessed and back in June with the Ember Ruby tournament, similar to you (and as an experiment), I copied his/her results to no avail. Finished up that tournament with a win/loss record of 30/21 and none of my level 15 elementals managed to register a win. It was obvious to me then that I was being matched with a tougher algorithm.

I've had quite a few of my long-term neighbours leave the game as it was no longer fun or relaxing for them to play this game. I still derive some fun and satisfaction from the community aspects of the game, like striving to get as many people to work together to tie on Leaderboards for everyone to win the grand prize, etc. However, those days may be coming to an end and combined with hugely limiting aspects of the game like habitat expansion with Marble Keys (where I can no longer collect as many dragons like I used to as I have run out of space and can only clear land for 1 habitat per month), I won't be too far away from moving on. So, it will be sad to see you go as well. I keep repeating in this forum in the hopes that TL takes the feedback onboard that whilst there are those players that enjoy constantly increasing challenges, there are many of us that simply play this game to relax from our hectic lives and cannot play this game 24/7!

Anyway, don't give up and keep on trying for as long as you can. There are definitely better games out there designed for better fun and relaxation!

Rhino Keeper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-10-20-18-19-252_com.teamlava.dragon.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	685.5 KB 
ID:	47831

Last minute victory, the lvl 19 champs were a pain in the ass

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CranberryMil View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-10-20-18-19-252_com.teamlava.dragon.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	685.5 KB 
ID:	47831

Last minute victory, the lvl 19 champs were a pain in the ass
    Congratulations, especially for persevering!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345