Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the dishes that earn the most money

Rhino Keeper

What are the dishes that earn the most money

Im lvl 89 but yet seem to run out of money all the time what are some of the dishes you make that earn a lot thanks

Nightclub Owner
    Profit wise would be Peking Duck (48 hrs) and Stuffed Mushrooms (22 hours), both only sell at $4 per plate though. Many people just try to cook Roast Chicken ($8 per plate) and Apples Pies ($8 per plate). Since the quantities are low for Roast Chicken and Apple Pies, unless you have a good stock right now to offer your customers, you may want to just use a few ovens to make those while your other appliances are cooking stock to sell.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1314 View Post
    Im lvl 89 but yet seem to run out of money all the time what are some of the dishes you make that earn a lot thanks
    Yes, that happens to me all the time. I'm at level 48 and I've never been able to accumulate more than $1,000,000 coins, despite my constant cooking. My restaurant spends more time closed than open, while I stockpile food that seems to disappear as soon as I reopen the doors. And I seem to be stuck making the same amount of money each day, regardless of which recipes I choose to cook.

A previous post about my perennial poverty in RS...

Quote Originally Posted by lilacpear;
    I would love to see that. I take that back... I would pay to see that. Considering the already ridiculous plates-per-batch-cooked rates (275 plates for an 8-hour recipe? Seriously?) and the fact that those recipes sell for a meager $4 coins per plate, I foresee a riot starting in the RS threads if they double the prices of everything.

One of my favorite items on RS is the black Lounge Chair (retails for $19,000). After playing RS for almost three months, I've only been able to purchase one. ONE.

My restaurant looks a mess because:

1. I never have enough coins to decorate properly.
    2. I never have enough coins because my restaurant is almost always closed.
    3. My restaurant is closed because my counters are frequently empty.
    4. My counters are empty because I sell out of food constantly.
    5. I sell out of food constantly, despite cooking ALL THE TIME, because of the low yield per recipe.
    6. The low yield per recipe generates low revenue and low profits.
    7. Low revenue and low profits = not enough coins.

This is starting to sound like a modern-day Greek tragedy.

-lp
    Today I decided to spend two hours cooking nothing but French Toast, repeatedly. It's all been sold now, and it made no difference to my coin count - I'm still stuck at ~$300,000 coins.

Is there anything similar to Red Velvet Cake in RS? High yield recipe that sells for a high coin amount?

-lp

Rhino Keeper
    Ah, from the chart it seems as if Roast Chicken and Apple Pies are the best options. These calculations are based on a single oven so, in the end, the final numbers must be multiplied by however many ovens you have.

Roast Chicken
    2 days (46 hours)
    $2,500 coins per batch
    1,500 plates per batch
    314 XP
    $12,000 coins gross revenue
    $9,500 coins net profit

Apple Pies
    2 days (46 hours)
    $2,600 coins per batch
    1,250 plates per batch
    230 XP
    $10,000 coins gross revenue
    $7,400 coins net profit

But I'm not sure those 46 hours are well spent with these recipes. Compare those results to a guerrilla-style continuous cooking of French Toast.

French Toast
    1 minute
    $10 coins per batch
    30 plates per batch
    6 XP
    $30 coins gross revenue
    $20 coins net profit

All figures above are, then, multiplied by 46 hours to achieve a side-by-side comparison.

46 hours = 2670 minutes (46 hours x 60 minutes)

French Toast, Guerrilla-Style
    2,670 minutes
    $26,700 coins per 46-hour batch
    80,100 plates per batch
    16,020 XP
    $80,100 coins gross revenue
    $53,400 coins net profit

If only I had 46 continuous hours to dedicate to this... I could take my 12 ovens and cook French Toast non-stop. I'd end up with... only about $640,000 coins.

This game has serious economy issues.

-lp

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacpear View Post
    This game has serious economy issues.
    Only cure for that, IMHO, is more slots. That was the only thing I purchased gems to do. The closer to the start of your game you add slots, the better it is. Fortunately, I got mine prior to the price of slots doubling.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    Only cure for that, IMHO, is more slots. That was the only thing I purchased gems to do. The closer to the start of your game you add slots, the better it is. Fortunately, I got mine prior to the price of slots doubling.
    Same. I also used some of my gems to get the sonic oven & sonic stove. I can have my other appliances cooking stock while they are cooking Roast Chicken, Apple Pies, or Stew. LOL

Host(ess)
    If you sort the google doc (linked above) by profit per hr. then you can see which recipes will work best for your. Personally, Kiwi & Cake works well for me because it is a six hour recipe but if you are a zombie you can just cook French Toast all day long.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    How does opening more slots help? I doubt having more ovens will increase the ridiculously low profit per recipe and that's really one of the two main problems with the game. The other problem is, of course, low recipe yields per batch (i.e. a 12-hour recipe that only yields 500 servings).

I'm not sure how opening more appliance slots (with gems) resolves what is fundamentally a coin issue.

-lp

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacpear View Post
    How does opening more slots help? I doubt having more ovens will increase the ridiculously low profit per recipe and that's really one of the two main problems with the game. The other problem is, of course, low recipe yields per batch (i.e. a 12-hour recipe that only yields 500 servings).

I'm not sure how opening more appliance slots (with gems) resolves what is fundamentally a coin issue.

-lp
    Because if you have more slots/appliances out, then you can cook the Apple Pie & Roast Chicken without having to worry about running out of stock, since those are low serving recipes but high profit ones.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Because if you have more slots/appliances out, then you can cook the Apple Pie & Roast Chicken without having to worry about running out of stock, since those are low serving recipes but high profit ones.
    Well, yes, you will have more stock at the end of the two days needed for these recipes to cook but the profit margin and the yield per oven will still be the same.

Also, because the yield is really, really low, it's likely you will run out of food anyways while you wait another 46 hours for the second batch of Roast Chickens and Apple Pies to cook. Unless you have a significant number of ovens? Say maybe 36, which is double the limit and would cost a fortune.

Having lots of ovens takes care of the running out of stock issue, but does not resolve the low profit and low yield issue.

-lp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast