Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Odd October - 2018 Oct 4 (5 Days)

Quote Originally Posted by joolie12 View Post
    Feel free to check out my post from 9-6-18 where I suggested the staff actually pilot one of these goals from start to finish- get your 20 neighbors, build new stoves, wait for parts from global neighbors all on different time zones,and turn on your alarm clocks to cook overnight- and oh yes, do this in 5 days with work and family life!!I really believe they don’t have a clue until they try it. I totally agree with you and some of my neighbors are quitting. Maybe if more people responded, they might try it!!���� thanks for your comments!
    This is a company that makes its living from games. They understand the psychology of the games, and they know what they're doing.
    For years, I've read the complaints, concerns, and outrage from players every time an unwanted change is introduced. But, in the end, players go along with it, because they're addicted. They threaten to quit, sue (absurd!), and *******...but they stay.
    So...either go along with the new formats, or quit the game. Believe me, it makes no difference to the company.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kimtoos2 View Post
    I Was Stunned when I saw amts needed for Just 2nd part of Goal!!! 30 Needed of the Lab Stove just to get thru It???? You need to build at least 5 same day!!! And the 3rd, 4th even more!!! You'll need at least 10 Stoves and be cooking every hour or two for Days!!!!

Does S8 Want us to Fail??? I Get it is supposed to be challenge But not a almost impossible one!!!!
    Hate to think maybe these and the 15 day goals is either pay or quit! Beginning to wonder, sad.
    I have no problem paying for more ovens or expansions But I dont get any free gems so Not paying real money just to speed up a recipe!
    I usually work with 6 ovens and I'm on part 3 of the goal. I've already got the prize so I'm just unlocking all the recipes. You can always plan ahead

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEDLxx View Post
    I usually work with 6 ovens and I'm on part 3 of the goal. I've already got the prize so I'm just unlocking all the recipes. You can always plan ahead
    Excellent advice! I always make six ovens also and by using the first post I'm able to plan ahead as to which recipes can and should be started ahead of time and which I'll have to set timers for. While it seems like a lot of parts, the older ovens usually require way less parts than the new ovens so it's easier to build several quickly.

I think it's important to not let the numbers intimidate, once you get going in the goals it's not as bad as it seems on paper. The numbers are daunting at first but the majority of the recipes are less than 4 hours so they add up quickly. I've never spent gems on goals (in my mind they're meant for purchasing wanted items) and I've finished every goal so it is able to be finished even if it might get a bit frustrating or lack luster at times.

And of course, if you don't like/need the prize, don't want to deal with timers and whatnot - the five day goals are likely not for you. There's nothing wrong with sitting out a goal that you don't want to do, it's the same as not purchasing items you don't like. Not everything in the game is for everyone, and that's okay. This is a game that's meant to be fun and I think picking and choosing what works for you is key to keeping it that way.

UPDATE: I always finish the 5 day goals But this 1 is Extra Hard and I am losing Nbrs becasuse of how hard they're getting. Yes I try to stock up but since new goals are back to back not so easy! I now have to decline good parts bc I need too many in the goals so running out. I am thinking after holidays to cut these also if they stay this hard but want this prize! Understand S8 needs to make money!

Host(ess)
    Can someone Plz Plz help! I Have a big problem. My goal clipboard that has the goals is not on my screen and I don't even see and goal gifts in my gift tab. Some PLZ plz reply also what are the parts of the lab stove I see so many nbrs have it I think it's the goal stove
    Last edited by 391000; 10-06-18 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 391000 View Post
    Can someone Plz Plz help! I Have a big problem. My goal clipboard that has the goals is not on my screen and I don't even see and goal gifts in my gift tab. Some PLZ plz reply also what are the parts of the lab stove I see so many nbrs have it I think it's the goal stove
    Its the 5 day goal stove. You need Vial Knobs, Mallets, Brass Dividers for Lab Stove.
    Its all described on 1st post. She explains all really great!!!

I am having an issue with the counter for the Serve 20 Slime-a-roni and Cheese. It has stopped at 13 for some reason. I should be at 18 so I'm starting to be concerned. I if I cant get past this I will not complete the goal. I'm always on part 4 by Sunday so who knows. Who do I contact? Has anyone else had this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Odd October: Part One
    Serve 10 Ramen (10g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 2 Hours *under Lunch tab*
    Serve 10 Skinny Breasticks (10g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 1 Hour *under Dinner tab*
    Serve 10 Shrimp Kabobs (10g to skip)
    - Basic Grill
    - 1 Hour *under Lunch tab*
    Build 1 Lab Stove (2g to skip)
    - $24,000 each
    - 5 Brass Diverter + 5 Mallet + 5 Vial Knob
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Slime-wich Recipe

Odd October: Part Two
    Serve 15 Ravioli (30g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 3 Hours *under Dinner tab*
    Serve 15 Slime Soup (15g to skip)
    - Lab Stove
    - 2 Hours
    Serve 15 Slime-wich (15g to skip)
    - Lab Stove
    - 2 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Slime-a-roni and Cheese Recipe

Odd October: Part Three
    Serve 20 Potato Wedges (20g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 1 Hour *under Lunch tab*
    Serve 20 Slimed Popcorn (40g to skip)
    - Lab Stove
    - 4 Hours
    Serve 20 Slime-a-roni and Cheese (40g to skip)
    - Lab Stove
    - 4 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Frozen Slime Recipe

Odd October: Part Four
    Serve 5 Tomato Bisque (20g to skip)
    - Basic Stove
    - 8 Hours *under Lunch tab*
    Serve 25 T-Bone Steak (25g to skip)
    - Basic Grill
    - 1 Hour *under Dinner tab*
    Serve 25 Slime Cakes (75g to skip)
    - Lab Stove
    - 5 Hours
    Serve 25 Frozen Slime (75g to skip)
    - Lab Stove
    - 5 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Spooky Fireplace

Final Goal Prize:
    Spooky Fireplace, 2x1, 24g Value (3rd Place Prize in 2011 Halloween Chest)
    Attachment 47719
    Attachment 47720

New Recipes:

Attachment 47721
    I wanted to say your doing an Absolutely Awesome job, thank you so much!! I rely on this to schedule everything. I'd be lost without your help!!!!
    OOPS, didnt realize it would reprint all!! Afraid if I try to erase it I might cause more reprints, Sorry!!
    Last edited by kimtoos2; 10-06-18 at 09:31 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kimtoos2 View Post
    I wanted to say your doing an Absolutely Awesome job, thank you so much!! I rely on this to schedule everything. I'd be lost without your help!!!!
    OOPS, didnt realize it would reprint all!! Afraid if I try to erase it I might cause more reprints, Sorry!!
    LOL, happens to the best of us! Last week, I tried posting a pic, which I usually have no troubles with, and it went all wonky and ended up adding all sorts of weirdness.

I'm enjoying being able to help with the goal threads and I'm happy it's helping. I, too, use these threads to outline a goal schedule for myself and know what a struggle it is without it. When I noticed that there was a bit of a hiccup with the goal posts (post-VanaCatu) I decided to try my hand. Though, it's always a relief to hear that my format is working well for players and can be followed easily.

I know a lot of players prefer picture based posts, but in all honesty that's just not a great set up for long-term viewing. In the past, when I would try to verify information via old threads, I'd find pages of blank squares where the pics used to be but have long since elapsed. I really wanted to avoid that, and make it easy to read across all platforms.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie_35 View Post
    I am having an issue with the counter for the Serve 20 Slime-a-roni and Cheese. It has stopped at 13 for some reason. I should be at 18 so I'm starting to be concerned. I if I cant get past this I will not complete the goal. I'm always on part 4 by Sunday so who knows. Who do I contact? Has anyone else had this issue?
    If the issue persists, you would need to open a support ticket with s8 which can be done here: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The downside of this is that the earliest you will get a reply is Monday morning after 10 am PDT which unfortunately isn't going to be much of a help to you

I obviously can't know what is causing your issue but I would offer this general advice to all players on these goals: When cooking on the Lab Stoves, do so carefully and slowly.

I've noticed the recipe books sometimes behave strangely on the re-listed appliances in the 5 day Goals and will turn the page without prompting. I've already fallen victim to this issue during this new goal. While I was cooking my last batch of Slime-a-roni and Cheese, the recipe book stayed on the first page until I got to my fifth oven when it switched and I accidentally cooked Slimed Popcorn. Of course, I didn't realize this until I served the dishes so now I'm a few hours behind.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast