Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Knock Knock! - 2018 Oct. 4 (15 Days)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppiVille View Post
    This is my first real event so sorry if this is a silly question. While visiting I notice that some players are building more that 3 of the first oven. The second oven takes so many parts this idea is a little scary. What is the strategy with this game play? Any other suggestions? I have the first 3 ovens built and in 2 hours I will have the last recipe opened. I think it is candy corn.

On the side goal I am on my last candy apple (35) and have started the chi tea.

I have 7 ovens so I believe at some point I may need to pick between main and side goals and discontinue the other. It will depend on part collection. If I have to keep the Butlers going to make parts I do not think I will have the time to bake all the side goals.
    I don?t know about everyone. I can only speak for me. I build extras because:

1. It gets the food served faster, so I accomplish the task and move on to the next task.

2. It means I can master the recipes faster.

3. It means I can make a whole bunch of a certain recipe that I want to keep out for a good, long time.

I don?t care if someone finishes before me or after me. I?m not competing with anyone.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppiVille View Post
    This is my first real event so sorry if this is a silly question. While visiting I notice that some players are building more that 3 of the first oven. The second oven takes so many parts this idea is a little scary. What is the strategy with this game play? Any other suggestions? I have the first 3 ovens built and in 2 hours I will have the last recipe opened. I think it is candy corn.

On the side goal I am on my last candy apple (35) and have started the chi tea.

I have 7 ovens so I believe at some point I may need to pick between main and side goals and discontinue the other. It will depend on part collection. If I have to keep the Butlers going to make parts I do not think I will have the time to bake all the side goals.
    Quick answer: It all depends on your playing style, what aspects of the game you like to focus on and what works well for you. I only ever build three of each goal oven and have always been able to finish them all within the given time. Below is the long version of my answer, if you're interested:

-----------------

Not counting the basic types, I've always based the amount of ovens I build on how many recipes the oven has. If an oven has 3 recipes (as most themed ovens do) then I build 3 ovens, if it has 6 then I build six. In my game, I prefer to focus on decorating and collecting decos so I dislike having large amounts of food on my counters as I change them at least once a month which easier to do with smaller food amounts.

To help facilitate this, once a goal is over, I'll cook only one recipe on each of the ovens I've built. Meaning Tricky Oven #1 will only cook the first recipe, Tricky Oven #2 will only cook the second recipe, etc. As I master each recipe, the corresponding oven goes to storage which both frees up space for ovens/recipes I want to display because they match my decor and it also ensures that I don't get overly full counters.

This is just how things work best for me but I can almost guarantee you'll get a different answer from every player you ask. If a player's focus is on quickly mastering recipes, their habits will cater to that; same as a player whose focus is on making coins will build their playing style around that.

When all is said an done, you'll have to think about what aspect of the game most appeals to you, how much time you spend in game, the amount of resources you have in game and build your habits and playing style around that. I hope this helped illustrate my point and didn't bore you to tears, lol. Good luck in building your bakery!

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you both for your replies. annira, thank you for including the long version, it was very helpful. I had never considered the number of recipes matching the number of ovens. There again I still only have 7 ovens so I am a little limited. Lol. It still amazes me that folks have so many of the goal ovens. Maybe they are purchasing some of the candies. I saw 7 butlers built up on day one. That seems crazy fast. I have seen requests to not gift the day before the event started, and that may have something to do with it. That and making sure you have friends that know you are working on the goal and not sending food. <sigh>.

Anyway, I am plugging along and learning as I go. Thanks for the the q&a in the forum. I find it all very helpful.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Here's the update on this posted in previous Bakery goal thread.
    I did read that. Guess my mind made it say what I wanted it to say LOL

Neon Buckets for Halloween Event

I cannot seem to purchase the neon buckets needed to advance my goals in the Halloween event. When I try to purchase them, I get a red square, and they cannot be placed. Is anyone else having that problem. I sent in a support request, but the staff doesn?t seem to want to respond. Any ideas?

Grand Emperor
    A red square means the spot where you were trying to place it, is already occupied by something else. Please make sure you have an empty space for it. I hope you were not placing this on the floor because this is a wall decoration.

Edit to add: Merged to Goal thread given this is not a game bug.

New goal ovens

Why are the new goal ovens so expensive?It seems you are forcing us to buy diamonds to complete the goals in time. I have a modest amount of neighbors and we are only allowed so many gifts per day? This is quite discouraging. I do buy gems from time to time but what about those that cannot afford it? Please change the prices. $15 for an oven build is crazy.
    Thank you

The prizes are nice but 55 apples and tea! Come on now, thats just nuts, how are newer players going to do these goals? I keep hoping the goals will be reasonable and get disappointed. So many of my neighber have quit and I'm getting frustrated because it seems like who ever is doing these goals is not listening to the feedback.

New Resident
    The main goal is already difficult enough and to increase the side goal to 55 is just nuts. This game was relaxing and now it's almost like a chore to complete a goal. Both my daughters quit because they don't even have a chance to complete either goal since the change. I have no idea how anyone with a actual active life can finish these in time.

Personally I don't think anything will change as far as the new goal changes because most players will play anyway even with the frustration.

Rhino Keeper
    They made the witchy treats recipes longer hours 7. 8, 9 hours respectively that will make this goal even harder to finish lol im not yet completed with my witchy treat oven and 10 days left on the timer

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast