Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/4: Sweet Surprises (Halloween event) | info on page 1

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFinn View Post
    Well, I am a total idiot! In most past events, you were always able to craft your item and as long as the craft began before the end of the event, you could collect your item. So what did I do? Followed that. Gemmed the last candy needed, spent 112 gems, I might add and then set my horseman to brew. Now I am reading here that it was a total waste.

I am so upset. I really wanted him. Had I known that rules were changed, I would have not spent the gems, or spent more to get him done. Now I have nothing. No more gems, no headless walker.
    I too lost the headless horseman. I didn’t know the rules changed. Luckily I only spend 4 gems to speed up the last forge shop.

Well, I am a total idiot! In most past events, you were always able to craft your item and as long as the craft began before the end of the event, you could collect your item. So what did I do? Followed that. Gemmed the last candy needed, spent 112 gems, I might add and then set my horseman to brew. Now I am reading here that it was a total waste.

I am so upset. I really wanted him. Had I known that rules were changed, I would have not spent the gems, or spent more to get him done. Now I have nothing. No more gems, no headless walker.
    I just collect my last pumpkin cottage with no problem. If it shows it is crafting, shouldn?t you still get it?

Host(ess)

I thought the same thing. I used all gem to craft horseman and I get nothing.
    This is so unfair. S8 should mention this rule clearly.

Even the information page (page2) says
    * Trade candies for a Headless Horseman (you'll find this item in either the Town Square or straight to your board.)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp

I saw this and thought if I started craft before time-limit, even though it is after the event expired I could get the horseman.
    I have played this game for 4 years, and this is the most outrageous moment.
    I also send email to S8. I will wait for their answer and decide whether I keep play CS or not.

Rhino Keeper
    Actually no, I remember many many events ago, where you would not get the craft if you STARTED it before event end BUT you didn't collect it. and yes, it used to be you can collect it as long as if you started crafting.

and I don't keep track of every event, I don't know if that's been random? because after that, I don't attempt this ''luck'' thing, always collect before event ends...

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I also received the survey however my survey was titled as the Midsummer Sprite's Dreams and all the multiple choice questions were from that event as well, lol!
    My survey closed as it said that I had already completed it. Guess they don't want feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGirl9 View Post
    Not convinced that Storm8 have their economics right. I would have used gems to speed things up if the prize was a guaranteed bat, but I'm not going to spend gems for a walker, and I'm not going to spend gems for a rare chance at a bat.
    The 'good' prize should be guaranteed if you apply yourself, and the 'kinda cool if you like that kind of thing' prize should be the lucky one.
    Yes! 100% agreed! Last event, I did get the silly little walker/flyer bat, but no pet bat this event (given the choice, I’d much prefer the pet). And I’m ashamed to admit that I went against my no gems for random drops policy and wasted 30 gems on two treat bags on sale. All I got from those were two of the extremely common candies. I was able to collect every treat bag this event offered and I did manage to get one explorers permit and 1 trade ticket. The rest were the easy candies.....

The top prize should always be something useful and the fluff and deco should be the random drops.

I didn’t even bother trying to complete the last part of the event. The pops wouldn’t drop from the forges and I didn’t care about another walker anyway. I have tons of crowns to summon walkers if I ever want any more. And I don’t want any more unless they come with storyline and perks like the tradesman and the one with the guard dogs.

Then the survey wasn’t even about this event, so we can’t even leave proper feedback.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    So I missed out on the horseman because Storm8 have suddenly changed the rules? These events always end in the middle of the night for me, nice going for peole playing on the other side of the world. What do you want me to do: set my alarmclock in the middle of the night to collect before the event ends or spend even more gems?. Don't be ridicilous. I am now inclined to spend even less when cutting it close. It is useless then anyway.

Nightclub Owner
    I started a craft just before the timer ended, wanted to test the hypothesis. Just collected my craft without issues. Item now safly on display.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    The issue arises in what the final prize is awarded for: often the final prize is awarded for completing a craft within the time limit, rather than the final prize being the crafted item. Previously the craft and the final prize have been different - this time it’s a bit misleading as the craft is the final prize, but you have to have collected it within the time limit. Every other craft in the cauldron can be collected after the event if it was started within the time.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I started a craft just before the timer ended, wanted to test the hypothesis. Just collected my craft without issues. Item now safly on display.
    You were lucky! I spent heaven knows how many gems on speeding up timers for the potion shops and magic forges to get the pops & started to craft my headless horseman well in advance of the timer ending. I just went to collect him, tapped on the witches workshop and it flashed but nothing happened 😞 All those gems wasted for nothing- & I really wanted him too.

I?m getting to the point that I don?t see the point in wasting time energy and money on this game. S8 just don?t give a stuff about us 😞😢😡