Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/4: Sweet Surprises (Halloween event) | info on page 1

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by newpam575 View Post
    Mine did not unlock until I had collected from the potion shop twice and received at least one glimmer golem pop. (Purple ones)
    I've gotten all the required parts needed to make the Pumpkin Cottage but both of my workshops still have the trade locked

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001289.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	47797 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001290.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	47798

I've rebooted and done all the usual quick fixes, is there something I'm missing?

Executive Chef
    Ive made SIX potions and gotten one pop. What kind of garbage is this? Fix this ****!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    The pumpkin glitch happened to me aswell! I got a broom instead... what a complete waste of my dwindling sugar.
    I have the same problem. 😡

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've gotten all the required parts needed to make the Pumpkin Cottage but both of my workshops still have the trade locked

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001289.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	47797 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001290.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	47798

I've rebooted and done all the usual quick fixes, is there something I'm missing?
    This is a stretch, but have you hit GO. Otherwise I think this is a major glitch.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    This is a stretch, but have you hit GO. Otherwise I think this is a major glitch.
    That's precisely what I did to take this photo, lol. I feel like I've tried everything I know to do at this point even the silly things that we try but likely have no affect on the game.

EDIT: I don't like feeling helpless so I continued to run through the list of standard fixes for my issue and finally after reinstalled the game for a second time in the past hour - the Pumpkin Cottage has unlocked. I've no idea why this happened or why it took two installs to fix it but hey, at least I can now move on with the goal!
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 10-10-18 at 02:39 PM.

Fashion Designer
    When I got to the potion shop part the pop up came up telling me to collect the next candy from the potion shop. I did 4 of the earthen ones, but nothing triggered. I then realised that I hadn?t actually clicked on the ?GO? goal. Since I did that I have had no trouble getting the drops from the potion shop. I imagine they don?t drop until your goal book actually tells you to do it. Only trouble now is I had collected the 3 glimmerbulb pops, so got an unpleasant surprise to find I needed the adventure ones instead as my adventure is busy, as I thought I had finished with them. However, overall, I am loving this event, by far the best one for a while, like the variety, no endless chopping, don?t mind being stalled each night, but very pleased we can craft candies ahead. Well done S8.

PS And no Ivy requirement is wonderful!
    Last edited by BiggerBubbles; 10-10-18 at 02:41 PM.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBubbles View Post
    When I got to the potion shop part the pop up came up telling me to collect the next candy from the potion shop. I did 4 of the earthen ones, but nothing triggered. I then realised that I hadn?t actually clicked on the ?GO? goal. Since I did that I have had no trouble getting the drops from the potion shop. I imagine they don?t drop until your goal book actually tells you to do it. Only trouble now is I had collected the 3 glimmerbulb pops, so got an unpleasant surprise to find I needed the adventure ones instead as my adventure is busy, as I thought I had finished with them. However, overall, I am loving this event, by far the best one for a while, like the variety, no endless chopping, don?t mind being stalled each night, but very pleased we can craft candies ahead. Well done S8.

PS And no Ivy requirement is wonderful!
    Concerning the PS.... shhhhhhh don?t give them ideas.

Fashion Designer
    Happy to report my witchiest pot makes cows since yesterday’s update. Sticking to the regular pot for everything else.

Overall, this is a strong event for me and checks many of the boxes we have asked for - changing goals, lots of places to look for things, reasonable energy consumption. Love the graphics, don’t mind needing to create one of every creature even if I only want some, like the way you earn gift bags and that they have a hint on where to find things in advance (on the back of each card), love being able to sleep through the night and that there are extra built in days for the challenge. And yes there’s are challenges - lots of sugar, some random drops, figuring out wait times - but that’s what you want in a game.

So inspite of the early bug it’s a winner event for me.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Fashion Designer
    Here’s my potion shop results for now. Original potions were witches scent = two pops. First one completed step, I think one dropped, and then game reset after the dialog. Tried again, got a pop. I didn’t think one dropped from the second one but either it did or the very first one counted. Then I crafted two ancient wood = got one pop. Two witches scent = 0. Had to do Belladona trade to use 15 AW. Two ancient wood = two pops.

BTW Pumpkin cottage goal opened with the first pops, I did not have to click GO.

Two more times crafting ancient wood and one pop each. Out of wood so started two witches scents. I’m maxed out on a lot of the crafts, so I’m limited on the short time potions.
    Last edited by DeeDeeBird70; 10-10-18 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Corrected apostrophe for ?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    The potion shop doesn't have a craft for pops. You just need to make something in the shop. But I can't tell you that the Gothic potion shop works or not.
    I can confirm that the gothic potion shop does drop pops.