Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Times Leaderboard Event - Oct. 2nd 2018

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodryMaelwaedd View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that storm8 now has sunk to a new low by twisting our arms to install other games to stay competitive in LB?
    No, you aren't.

This is really sad but I have been playing DS since 2012. This whole LB thing and the Global one has shown me a side of the game that really turns me off. I know S8 needs to make money - I get that. But the competitive nature that I am seeing from players just puts me off. I liked DS as we all helped each other - now I see idiotic grabs for the “top spot”. I know many people think this is fine but it is not me. I suppose I am just not the sort of player DS wants. There are so many good and Nice players who want to play in a collegiate manner but these players are being pushed out by this competitive spirit. I have seen lovely players who have tired to share leads being pushed out at the last minute. It’s sad and I would hate a child who plays the game to be subjected to this. The world is competitive enough without this sort of thing. I am not one of the players being knocked off the lead - aka I never go for the top prizes so this is not a sour grapes rant. The game has changed and I think I will say good bye.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I didn't see any goals to install any games and I think I feel a little bit ripped off over this.
    I didn?t see anything either. That stinks. Even if I don?t need the extra help.

I?m still in the lead in my group. With almost 15,000 points. The next is around 9000 and the 3rd around 7000. I usually feel ripped off during the storybook adventures. Due to the number of food we need to get dragons to level 12, 14 and 15.

But with this one, I?ve not had any problems. Just craft the dragon, sent it on 12 hour adventures and you?ll get a few hundred crowns each time. Feed it to level 7 at least and that?s more crowns too. I plant the 5hr crops. And the 8hr ones overnight. I keep dragons in the evolution temple at all times. Have four nests and keep water dragons in them if I?m not breeding.

I understand that not all players have four nests and two breeding dens, BUT on my smaller accounts they even the playing field. It?s still possible to win. It just isn?t easy to anticipate your neighbors gold level and how much they are willing to spend.

Last event, I wasn?t even in the top three. Because the players in the group threw gold at it. I don?t think we need to spend money to get the last milestone dragon. Having gold saved helps though. Because the new format and the amount needed is ridiculous now.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    This is really sad but I have been playing DS since 2012. This whole LB thing and the Global one has shown me a side of the game that really turns me off. I know S8 needs to make money - I get that. But the competitive nature that I am seeing from players just puts me off. I liked DS as we all helped each other - now I see idiotic grabs for the “top spot”. I know many people think this is fine but it is not me. I suppose I am just not the sort of player DS wants. There are so many good and Nice players who want to play in a collegiate manner but these players are being pushed out by this competitive spirit. I have seen lovely players who have tired to share leads being pushed out at the last minute. It’s sad and I would hate a child who plays the game to be subjected to this. The world is competitive enough without this sort of thing. I am not one of the players being knocked off the lead - aka I never go for the top prizes so this is not a sour grapes rant. The game has changed and I think I will say good bye.

In game and in the real world, we can’t really expect someone to stop just short of the finish line, so we can all hold hands together. No dragon is really so special and important that someone should want to quit because they didn’t get one of the top three spots. Are there players really like that? I’d certainly not want them whining and posting on my wall.

If a child plays this game, then gets upset because they won’t win a trophy I’ve seen few people decorate with anyways, then maybe they can consider something more simple, like bakery or those candy crush games. Other than milestone prizes, I honestly can’t imagine why someone would get upset over losing. Or, with me and the bingo games, we can also opt to just not play.

We can simply breed our dragons, expand our parks and keep it simple. Nothing on here is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I don't appreciate being *****ed out of 60 points because of a "rollback." I get 250 points from the 8hr quest but then the game stops and I have to go back to the quest post just to receive 190 points. Do I really have to screen shoot everything in this game and show how irritating that is?
    This has happened to me twice too, how does it give different points after the roll back? They are *****ing us out of points. Just as well it does not mean winning or losing for me or I would be more annoyed.☹️ The leader on my board is over 50000 points. Not worth playing leaderboards any more.

Thanks so much. 😗

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycastleorchard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I don't appreciate being *****ed out of 60 points because of a "rollback." I get 250 points from the 8hr quest but then the game stops and I have to go back to the quest post just to receive 190 points. Do I really have to screen shoot everything in this game and show how irritating that is?
    This has happened to me twice too, how does it give different points after the roll back? They are *****ing us out of points. Just as well it does not mean winning or losing for me or I would be more annoyed.☹️ The leader on my board is over 50000 points. Not worth playing leaderboards any more.
    The issue, according to S8, lies with our Internet Service Providers. See quote below

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    We've investigated it and didn't find an issue. If you're still encountering high latency or rubberbanding, you may need to contact your service provider for troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
    You might wish to visit the thread called “Constant Resetting???” in the Bugs and Issues forum.
    Last edited by deadpixel; 10-07-18 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added links

For those of us who are not seeing our Leaderboard (LB) points going up after we make a collection, consider force-closing the game and reopening it. I have, at times, found that this does work to rectify my LB score. The thing is to look at your LB icon and the current points before making your first collection of that session. Do the closing-reopening workaround immediately after you notice anything untoward.

This workaround DOES NOT WORK with the resetting (aka rubberbanding) issue.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I didn?t see anything either. That stinks. Even if I don?t need the extra help.

I?m still in the lead in my group. With almost 15,000 points. The next is around 9000 and the 3rd around 7000. I usually feel ripped off during the storybook adventures. Due to the number of food we need to get dragons to level 12, 14 and 15.

But with this one, I?ve not had any problems. Just craft the dragon, sent it on 12 hour adventures and you?ll get a few hundred crowns each time. Feed it to level 7 at least and that?s more crowns too. I plant the 5hr crops. And the 8hr ones overnight. I keep dragons in the evolution temple at all times. Have four nests and keep water dragons in them if I?m not breeding.

I understand that not all players have four nests and two breeding dens, BUT on my smaller accounts they even the playing field. It?s still possible to win. It just isn?t easy to anticipate your neighbors gold level and how much they are willing to spend.

Last event, I wasn?t even in the top three. Because the players in the group threw gold at it. I don?t think we need to spend money to get the last milestone dragon. Having gold saved helps though. Because the new format and the amount needed is ridiculous now.
    I usually end up using gold from my GPDs to reach the final milestone in the LBs, I spend it once the boosts have been reduced in price.

LBs aren't my jam and that's fine with me, I put my efforts towards other things in the game but I do use the LB week to feed up my dragons and finally hatch some of my storage dragons -- might as well do these things when I get the most points for my efforts. I've found I don't mind the LBs so much now that I ignore the scoreboard and just focus on doing what I want around my island. I hope that makes sense, lol.

The thing about not getting the goal pop up... while I'm not hanging on tenterhooks for LB points, I still think it's not okay that not everyone received the goal. I'm not upset enough to open a ticket or anything, just mildly irked. They really need to tighten up the way the game performs during events.

Rhino Keeper
    Looks like I will get to the final milestone despite playing casually and only getting Dark dragon halfway through the event

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast