Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Times Leaderboard Event - Oct. 2nd 2018

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Just an FYI...
    After earning the Spiral Spire & realizing we're supposed to earn crowns from it, I searched to find it. My storage is really full, so I double & triple checked--but it was nowhere to be found.
    I finally tried force-closing the game. Only then did my Spiral Spire appear in storage.
    I checked a second account (on a different device,) and the same thing happened. This "disappearing inventory" thing is fairly common in Castle story (at least for me.) But I don't see it much with DS.
    Same here. My storage is PACKED and since there's no easy way of 'organizing' it to search for specific items (aside from Dragons and Decor, which I have 5 billion of each -__- ), I always have to scroll through sooo much to try and find the event item. It's only been the last several events that it has *not* been properly placed in the inventory, and I've had to relaunch the game several times before it has finally appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Florr06 View Post
    I think I am skipping this one. First 3 tries for Dark dragon resulted in Athletic, Magic and Titan. I really don't like that every event now requires us to breed a certain dragon, there are still dozens of dragons on my wishlist and I have barely any time to breed for them between the event dragons and the weekly limited releases.
    Also Leaderboard events used to be kind of laid back for me, I could just hobble along at my own pace and earn 1, 2, maybe 3 dragons along the way. Now every milestone is geared towards getting to the final milestone, which leaves no prizes for casual players.
    Same here, again. I used to love when things were slower paced or when they re-released older dragons, because there are SO many I would love to try and get but they make 'regular' breeding impossible due to the back-to-back-to-back-etc events, and they've gotten crazier and crazier over time. I have no idea how the team makes their deadlines with all the packed and demanding assets almost *every* week...

The other thing that really bothers me is exactly what you said, about every event that requires a specific new dragon to be bred, *only* to gain extra points. This leaves even less and less island/habitat room for veteran players who are already cramped, because it's constantly clogged up by an unnecessary dragon targeted to each weekly/monthly/etc event! This also includes the Tales prize dragon which is mandatory to place on your island in order to claim the token prize.

And the 2 slot event habitats are equally disgusting. I would love to have so many of these beautiful habitats but most people can't, due to space restrictions and you cannot place an empty one in storage! There's so much decor in storage as well, and I would love to display some of these, but space for habitats comes first...

People would be more likely to purchase a base Fire/Earth/etc habitat for coins over the other wonderful limited/event ones, simply because the base ones give more space! A lot of people just can't spend almost $30 USD for a SINGLE habitat upgrade or a new-larger habitat :/ I just feel like they make so many poor decisions now, which could really be avoided and better catered to both new and veteran players alike, which would result in people's willingness to spend more money towards the game.

New Resident
    I wish they would stop telling you to bread color to get a dragon and it never come up you get ever other drangon but the one you should get

Banned
    They make tons of money, so I guess losing a few players here and there doesn't matter to them.

Unhappy Dark dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Florr06 View Post
    I think I am skipping this one. First 3 tries for Dark dragon resulted in Athletic, Magic and Titan. I really don't like that every event now requires us to breed a certain dragon, there are still dozens of dragons on my wishlist and I have barely any time to breed for them between the event dragons and the weekly limited releases.
    Also Leaderboard events used to be kind of laid back for me, I could just hobble along at my own pace and earn 1, 2, maybe 3 dragons along the way. Now every milestone is geared towards getting to the final milestone, which leaves no prizes for casual players.
    You can craft a Dark Dragon. It?s easier to craft it if you are struggling to breed it. Also, I couldn?t win the final dragon when they only required 7.5 points. Even with the extra ways to get points, I?m never going to make 12.5. Will play for fun and see how far I can get but mostly I?m just going to collect food for the next event I know I can get to the end of. When it gets to the point where I cannot get to the end of any event because they keep increasing the requirements then I?ll quit playing and just go in and collect food and gold. Makes me sad as this game used to be relaxing and fun. Now it?s like having a stressful job I don?t get paid for

Fashion Designer
    The first place dragon is rather unimaginative. It's the exact same typing as as the Dark One (and my TDO sucks in battle), and it looks very, very similar. I'm hoping some of the milestone chests will have food in them. Otherwise, meh. There's no way I'll collect enough points for the diamond hybrid prize, despite the big chests I've been getting from the wheel (in 16th place). LBs have really gone downhill. I totally agree with Neidus Bluetip's and Florr06's comments above.

Rhino Keeper
    Check this ; during this leaderboard...
    Re:A Caretaker?s home
    S8 has given the option with ?4? days left (at time of writing) to install Home Design Makeover to win an extra 1500 crowns.
    This seems to disadvantage those that have already installed this game prior to this LB!!

Banned
    Well I geared myself for this leaderboard with 4 Diamond hybrids on the nests and 2 in the evolution dens with 2 diamond hybrids on the dens!

It also helped that I had 20 hour crops ready to harvest as well!

I have the Dark Diamond now, I didn’t get the last leaderboard final milestone but I sure as heck have this one!

What I don’t get the 1st place in my local boosted to 70,000 and is now at 200,000! The top group in the Global obviously have picked a number where they will stop, so what is the point, unless we now have multi players that have learnt how to manipulate the game!

I have actually played 2 different games on different devices and watched the Global leaders take off, nothing changes on the nests, dens or roosts, it can’t all be down to boosts or feeding and their is talk of synching on the walls!

This event needs to be radically altered or dropped IMHO

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedAcres2 View Post
    You can craft a Dark Dragon. It?s easier to craft it if you are struggling to breed it. Also, I couldn?t win the final dragon when they only required 7.5 points. Even with the extra ways to get points, I?m never going to make 12.5. Will play for fun and see how far I can get but mostly I?m just going to collect food for the next event I know I can get to the end of. When it gets to the point where I cannot get to the end of any event because they keep increasing the requirements then I?ll quit playing and just go in and collect food and gold. Makes me sad as this game used to be relaxing and fun. Now it?s like having a stressful job I don?t get paid for
    I know you can craft the Dark dragon, but it takes several days so you miss out on valuable points. In previous events I both bred and crafted the dragon to earn max points from questing and leveling up l.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by noemata View Post
    Check this ; during this leaderboard...
    Re:A Caretaker?s home
    S8 has given the option with ?4? days left (at time of writing) to install Home Design Makeover to win an extra 1500 crowns.
    This seems to disadvantage those that have already installed this game prior to this LB!!
    I agree...i installed that game to get extra gems when it first came out. It's definitely not fair! Those of us who already have it installed should get crowns too.

Banned
    I don't appreciate being *****ed out of 60 points because of a "rollback." I get 250 points from the 8hr quest but then the game stops and I have to go back to the quest post just to receive 190 points. Do I really have to screen shoot everything in this game and show how irritating that is?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast