Thread: Neighbour requests

Rhino Keeper

Neighbour requests

Can anyone tell me how neighbour requests work? I log in multiple times a day and this morning I got a neighbour request for a DT Magic Bag that was dated two days ago. Why didn't I get the request two days ago when I play multiple times a day, every single day?

Nightclub Owner
    My understanding of s8 requests is that each player can only get 20 requests filled per day but can send out as many as they like and can answer as many requests as they receive.

For example: if you have 100 neighbors and decide to send out a request to all 100, you'll only get a max of 20 request fills on that first day and once you've received all 20, the other 80 requests will disappear from your neighbors' News Feeds. At the time of game reset, the 80 requests left from the day before will then carry over and the neighbors who didn't answer on day one will see your request in their News Feed once more. You'll then receive another 20 answers on day two leaving 60 unanswered requests from the original 100 which will once more disappear from your neighbors' News Feeds.

It's not always obvious in DS that these requests carry over because we usually only have to request for DTs which only require 5 materials in total but in their other games such as CS, it's more apparent. I'm not sure if the requests stay in the system for a certain amount of days or just cycle through until all active neighbors respond but at some point the requests will drop out of the system entirely.

If it's a daily request (such as for maps) that can be sent out every day after reset, it's my understanding that your newest request is meant to cancel all your unanswered requests from the day before. Meaning if you sent out 100 requests for maps on Monday, you'll receive your 20 then the request disappears from the News Feeds' of your neighbors as usual. However instead of lingering in the system and popping up each day at the game reset like the DT requests do, when you send out new map requests on Tuesday that will then clear the lingering 80 unanswered requests left over in the system from Monday and push out the newer request from Tuesday to all 100 neighbors once more. This is why the same neighbor can answer your map request every day but they can only answer your DT request once.

I hope I explained that in a way that helps instead of just confuses you more, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks AnnirasSweets!