Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Pumpkin Spice Season - 2018 Sep 20 (15 Days)

Quote Originally Posted by luv4quiltz View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else hating this new goal format? I wouldn't mind if they did this every now and then, but it appears this format is how all goals are working now and the future. It wasn't so bad when we could at least collect goal parts from the side goal recipes, but now it takes forever to cellect the number of parts needed. Either add parts back to side goals or reduce the total parts required to build. Another reason I hate this format is there is NO reason to gift neighbors parts anymore between goals since every goal now requires all new parts.

If this is the future of this game, I'm thinking it's time to hang my hat! I just don't have the time it takes to start recipes, cancel, and start again just to collect parts. This has taken the fun out of what used to be an enjoyable game!
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    You bring up an excellent point. During the (very) short time between goals, there is no incentive to gift neighbors at all. Part of the social aspect of the game has always been remembering what neighbors need...food for some, basic parts for others. It was also fun to try to guess which old parts the next goal would require, and gift those parts. That's gone now, and -as far as I can see - there's no use for the thousands of parts some of us have in storage.
    It seems to be becoming an "every man for himself" game. Gift new goal parts, fill requests, and try like hell to get enough parts for yourself. Many people don't even bother posting anymore, which, again, ruins the social aspect.
    I find it to be very sad.
    Couldn't agree more! You both stole the words from my mouth. Please pass this on to storm8. Like Luv said it was ok when we had collectibles in side goals...why was that stopped? I am still going to do these goals for now, just hoping it gets easier.

Quote Originally Posted by adreamdeferred View Post
    I completed with a week to spare! Whew. Busted my hump cooking/dumping to get collectibles, and also requesting from some 24 neighbors (quality over quantity). I love seasonal goals.
    I did use some gems, but I don't think it was necessary to complete. I was just impatient ;-)
    With the collectibles, I noticed that some came out more than others depending on the day? Idk if it is truly random.
    Now as for the 5 day goals, I can't even come close to getting those completed... They usually fall over a weekend which isn't a great time for me to play
    Looks really cute!!

Apart from the new format I like this goal, the pumpkin spice theme is really cute.
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

Farm Supplier
    Still busy cooking, hope I can finish this goal in time.

p.s. Did anyone else notice the glazed turkey in the basic oven?
    (Think it might be a new recipe as I thought I had mastered all the recipe already)

Quote Originally Posted by Mai2008 View Post
    Still busy cooking, hope I can finish this goal in time.

p.s. Did anyone else notice the glazed turkey in the basic oven?
    (Think it might be a new recipe as I thought I had mastered all the recipe already)
    I don't think its a new one ... I have been spending the past few weeks trying to master it but I think its been there for a while.
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwilight99 View Post
    Couldn't agree more! You both stole the words from my mouth. Please pass this on to storm8. Like Luv said it was ok when we had collectibles in side goals...why was that stopped? I am still going to do these goals for now, just hoping it gets easier.

Looks really cute!!

Apart from the new format I like this goal, the pumpkin spice theme is really cute.
    As I stated earlier, I have very few neighbors that play anymore never mind send gifts so yes the side goals shd give parts. The last event was the first.....n I mean FIRST....event that I ever completed for my years of playing RS. I agree that maybe S8 shd incorporate the number of parts that players have in storage rather than adding totally new parts for each event.
    But it's all in the name of FUN & GAME ENJOYMENT! YAY!

Executive Chef
    Finally on the pumpkin spice cake step. The ridiculously low quantities are even more painful when the food is really cute! I want to keep the cake on my counter for way longer than the 5 minutes it takes the bots to gobble it all down!

Farm Supplier

Looks really cute!!
    Thanks!
    ~ Level 99 Restaurant & Bakery Story ~
    Cat mom!
    AKA "Cara's Cafe" & "LaConfectionery"
    Add me if you're Lvl 40+

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Finally on the pumpkin spice cake step. The ridiculously low quantities are even more painful when the food is really cute! I want to keep the cake on my counter for way longer than the 5 minutes it takes the bots to gobble it all down!

I couldn't believe it when I realized that 8 or 9 HOURS of cooking for the Pumpkin Spice cake or coffee only gives you 375! Ridiculous

I also have my old drink maker up.. 2 of them. Makes 725 Pumpkin Spice in half the time -_-
    ~ Level 99 Restaurant & Bakery Story ~
    Cat mom!
    AKA "Cara's Cafe" & "LaConfectionery"
    Add me if you're Lvl 40+

I am still on the Pumpkin Spice cake. Ugh, I really don't know if I'll finish. I only built 3 ovens. Might have to build one more last minute. But by the time I finish building that the goal will be over!

Executive Chef
    Dagwood Barnicles... I ain't sure I'm gonna finish. I'll finish with the spice cakes today. Still have the pumpkin spice drink to go. Man... If I don't finish this goal... Ima be peruturbed to the highest degree.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

I am still on the Pumpkin Spice cake. Ugh, I really don't know if I'll finish. I only built 3 ovens. Might have to build one more last minute. But by the time I finish building that the goal will be over!
    I painstakingly built four and couldn't stay up until midnight to cook. So.... I WILL NOT ...be able to get 8 of the last recipe finished, to receive goal prize of coffee pumpkin. Ugh!!!!!!! So frustrating. I work and its difficult to cook 24/7. So disappointed.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast