Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ios 12 update issues

Rhino Keeper

ios 12 update issues

One big problem I noticed upon updating to ios 12 is that when you go to breed or anything where you can select the dragons by type, the picture with the type is yellowed out. So when I go to select a breeding pair, it's like there's a vertical line of yellow on the edges of my list of available dragons.

The app still crashes A LOT. Like once every 2-4 minutes.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    The yellow sorting list is on our fix list for Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest.

iOS 12 will improve some performance of older devices, but it may not resolve all memory crashes.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The yellow sorting list is on our fix list for Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest.

iOS 12 will improve some performance of older devices, but it may not resolve all memory crashes.
    I have 20 GB available space on my device - what do you mean by "memory crashes"?

RAM or Random Access Memory is the memory that works with the processor and other components to run operations of the device. This is different than storage. Older devices have between 512mb-1GB, which may have trouble running a high animation large game board. When the device runs out of RAM, it crashes.

Dragon Story has built in performance improvements to meet it half way. When an animation isn’t visible on the screen, it will pause (2018). For players over level 120, the particle effect for Coin collection is reduced from 11 to 3 (since 2015).

If you’re still having trouble, you can try some steps:
    - storing some items or stabling some Dragons to reduce the memory load
    - close any background apps that may be high resource
    - zoom in more while playing (off screen animations will pause)
    - allow animations to finish playing (habitat coins) before moving to a new animation

I hope this helps with the crashes and sheds some light on the issue.

The Honorable Panda
    There is now a fix for this issue. You will need to update your game in the app store to see the fix.

Thanks!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    After the update, my mine is not working. I cannot upload the picture here as I keep getting error message. Anyone else has the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyaa7 View Post
    After the update, my mine is not working. I cannot upload the picture here as I keep getting error message. Anyone else has the same issue?
    Is the mining door showing? It took a few minutes for the door to load for me after updating. You may need to switch to a wifi connection for a few minutes if you're using cellular.

I can’t get a picture to load here but my mine is no longer working either. There’s a wooden plank over where you clink to enter the mine. No I haven’t finished expanding either. It had been working fine until yesterday. I’ve tried cellular and WiFi and it doesn’t matter.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinns28 View Post
    I can?t get a picture to load here but my mine is no longer working either. There?s a wooden plank over where you clink to enter the mine. No I haven?t finished expanding either. It had been working fine until yesterday. I?ve tried cellular and WiFi and it doesn?t matter.
    Have you tried force closing and reopening your game?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinns28 View Post
    I can’t get a picture to load here but my mine is no longer working either. There’s a wooden plank over where you clink to enter the mine. No I haven’t finished expanding either. It had been working fine until yesterday. I’ve tried cellular and WiFi and it doesn’t matter.
    We'll report to PTB. When we tested it, it's fully expanded so didn't catch it. If you're not fully expanded, then you have this problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast