Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glimmer Gates - Missing Leaderboard Points

Fashion Designer

Glimmer Gates - Missing Leaderboard Points

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To receive credit for the Leaderboard, you have to be matched into a group first. Actions completed before being matched into a group will not be eligible for Leaderboard Points.
    We have not made any changes to the Leaderboard feature or how it works and the Leaderboard is functioning as intended.

Please see thread - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...es-2018-Sep-18

There are a lot of us who did not get the Leaderboard points we should have gotten for milestones completed before the event started because the awards registered before our games actually loaded the new Leaderboard. So we all saw all these popups saying we were awarded points for hatching and raising a Porcuplenty, but because the Leaderboard hadn't loaded yet, none of the points shown in the popups are actually reflected in our point totals.

Please tell us if this will be fixed on a broad scale, or whether each player needs to individually submit support tickets. Thank you.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 09-18-18 at 09:50 PM.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    To receive credit for the Leaderboard, you have to be matched into a group first. Actions completed before being matched into a group will not be eligible for Leaderboard Points.

Rhino Keeper
    That seems a little unfair and rather poor planning on S8 part. All I did was open my game up to complete a round of the tournament and off the pop ups went.
    Now I can?t even attempt to get those points again as the game shows the tasks are already completed. As a long term player the goal to hatch an animal which already exists in the game seems pointless when having it already will mean we cannot collect those points.

Fashion Designer
    This does not address the bug. The bug is that the game registers all our goals as complete before it "matches us into a group" as you say. We have no control over the order in which the game loads the goals. That's the game designers' job. They should know that the Leaderboard has to load before the goals in order for players to be awarded their points.

Or, even better, the designers could stop repeating animals. That way everyone would complete the goals in the order the event is designed for them to be done. But like poofyena said, with most of us running out of space, no one wants to hatch & raise a duplicate animal, and no one wants to sell one they already have and waste hard-earned food replacing it.

I really do my best not to complain here, but the fact that we get so little actual response from game staff here on the board, and then when we DO get a response, it's dismissive like this - it's extremely offensive. Please at least do us the courtesy of acknowledging there is a problem instead of implying that this is somehow our fault.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    This does not address the bug. The bug is that the game registers all our goals as complete before it "matches us into a group" as you say. We have no control over the order in which the game loads the goals. That's the game designers' job. They should know that the Leaderboard has to load before the goals in order for players to be awarded their points.

Or, even better, the designers could stop repeating animals. That way everyone would complete the goals in the order the event is designed for them to be done. But like poofyena said, with most of us running out of space, no one wants to hatch & raise a duplicate animal, and no one wants to sell one they already have and waste hard-earned food replacing it.

I really do my best not to complain here, but the fact that we get so little actual response from game staff here on the board, and then when we DO get a response, it's dismissive like this - it's extremely offensive. Please at least do us the courtesy of acknowledging there is a problem instead of implying that this is somehow our fault.
    100% This! ^

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    We have not made any changes to the Leaderboard feature or how it works and the Leaderboard is functioning as intended.

Then perhaps there should be changes made. Have the side goals pop up later or something. Perhaps day 2 of the leaderboard to ensure all those wishing to participate are matched up somewhere before the risk lot missing out.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by poofyena View Post
    That seems a little unfair and rather poor planning on S8 part. All I did was open my game up to complete a round of the tournament and off the pop ups went.
    I have to disagree and say this is an understatement. This is not just a little unfair. From what I've read what happened to some other players and me included, is that we were just unlucky enough to load the game in that very second when all the pop ups appeared and we were not `matched`. If we loaded the game just 5 seconds later, we would have been granted our leaderboard points normally. That is really unfair. It is not our fault you have a potential flaw in the design that gives points to some players and others not, depending on the (un) lucky moment they logged in.

I wasn't home when the leaderboard event began, so it doesn't make sense that I was stuck with the issue too if it was just a timing thing.

New Resident
    I didn't log into my game until passed the start point of the leaderboard so it is an issue of the badly planned order of events....The leaderboard should load first then the side events regardless if it happens right at the start of the leaderboard, 5 minutes later or hours later. We should get some sort of response, other than the dismissive and pathetic ones we have received so far. I used to play a few S8 games but things like this make me want to stop and take my money elsewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast