Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glimmer Gates - Missing Leaderboard Points

New Resident
    And now we are ignored....not comment from S8 since yesterday.....not cool!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wiccawoman View Post
    And now we are ignored....not comment from S8 since yesterday.....not cool!
    I had this very same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To receive credit for the Leaderboard, you have to be matched into a group first. Actions completed before being matched into a group will not be eligible for Leaderboard Points.
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    We have not made any changes to the Leaderboard feature or how it works and the Leaderboard is functioning as intended.
    I entered the game two hours after the leaderboard event is usually scheduled to start and I am immediately flooded with one popup after another congratulating me for completing some task and reaching some milestone. At the end of the flurry of popups I noticed that the leaderboard icon was not at its usual place, but that the status of my side goals and task had been updated like so...

Thanking that I would simply have to restart the game to have the icon appear with my updated score, I proceeded to do just that, however, although the icon did appear, my points didn't not. Please refer to the screencap below...

So, Elsa, what I, and probably all the others missing their leaderboard points from these auto-completing side goals, is:

1. How are we to be matched to a group? Is it some action we have to take or is it an automatic process that the game has to make?

1a. If was a manual step we had to take, why were there not any options for us to do so?

1b. If it was an automatic one, why did it not run before the leaderboard side goals executed?

2. So you are telling us that THIS is how the leaderboard is INTENDED to function?

2a. Really? THIS is how it is INTENDED to function?

2b. If it really is the way it is meant to function then why is it that some of us were not awarded with points yet others were? Please refer to the screencap of the group I was finally matched to below; this was just 2 hours into the start of the event...

3. Will S8 award those of us experiencing this issue the missing points automatically or will we be told to submit tickets?

3a. Will we get an answer in time to avoid the looming weekend?

4. Will we get an answer at all?

FF Story is one of the games I enjoy firing up a few times each day to get some need distraction from the real world. I hope that this issue gets properly resolved so that we don't get pulled into the ugly part of the real world where helpless consumers get ignored/bullied by companies they are loyal to.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I entered the game two hours after the leaderboard event is usually scheduled to start and I am immediately flooded with one popup after another congratulating me for completing some task and reaching some milestone. At the end of the flurry of popups I noticed that the leaderboard icon was not at its usual place, but that the status of my side goals and task had been updated like so...

Thanking that I would simply have to restart the game to have the icon appear with my updated score, I proceeded to do just that, however, although the icon did appear, my points didn't not. Please refer to the screencap below...

So, Elsa, what I, and probably all the others missing their leaderboard points from these auto-completing side goals, is:

1. How are we to be matched to a group? Is it some action we have to take or is it an automatic process that the game has to make?

1a. If was a manual step we had to take, why were there not any options for us to do so?

1b. If it was an automatic one, why did it not run before the leaderboard side goals executed?

2. So you are telling us that THIS is how the leaderboard is INTENDED to function?

2a. Really? THIS is how it is INTENDED to function?

2b. If it really is the way it is meant to function then why is it that some of us were not awarded with points yet others were? Please refer to the screencap of the group I was finally matched to below; this was just 2 hours into the start of the event...

3. Will S8 award those of us experiencing this issue the missing points automatically or will we be told to submit tickets?

3a. Will we get an answer in time to avoid the looming weekend?

4. Will we get an answer at all?

FF Story is one of the games I enjoy firing up a few times each day to get some need distraction from the real world. I hope that this issue gets properly resolved so that we don't get pulled into the ugly part of the real world where helpless consumers get ignored/bullied by companies they are loyal to.

Thank you for detailing exactly what happened! We had zero time to be "assigned" to a group when these goals were auto completing. A S8 response would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    Thank you for detailing exactly what happened! We had zero time to be "assigned" to a group when these goals were auto completing. A S8 response would be appreciated.
    No worries

However, to be safe, I recommend that we all run our devices’ screen RECORDING function to make a video log of our game, at the beginning of each event, to capture any bugs and weird game behaviors. Written explanations can get very wordy, but if you had a video, all you have to say is, ”Please refer to the video.”

Unfortunately, lulled into a sense of false security by months of relative game stability, I neglected to activate the recording so have no video to show.

Note, however, that these videos are not meant to be used to lash out at S8, but to help their developers in their fight against bugs and the improvement of game stability.

Fashion Designer
    I finally submitted a ticket yesterday with screen caps. I don't know how to video capture my screen, and I really don't want to start doing that - it IS just a game after all. But my sense of justice & fair play won't let me let this one go until I've made every effort.

I wish they would realize we're not just greedy beggars trying to get more than we're entitled to from the game. The fact is, we're a giant free testing resource, and if they would treat us with a little respect and consideration, we could help them greatly improve the game by giving them feedback on bugs & features. Instead they either ignore us or treat us like adversaries. It's really sad.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    ... The fact is, we're a giant free testing resource, and if they would treat us with a little respect and consideration, we could help them greatly improve the game by giving them feedback on bugs & features...
    This would be true if they actually cared about the game and it's players. But their lack of response to most of the feedback, suggestions, and polls, and their negative responses to bugs such as this one, lead me to believe that they really don't care. Sad.

Fashion Designer
    So I guess the answer was to blame the users and then ignore them. Got it. Message received loud and clear.

Way to completely alienate your customer base, Storm8. We all gave you clear evidence that the problem was with the game, not the users, and you still blamed us, then stopped communicating completely. This is not the way to run a business. Period.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123