Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: iOS12 Upgrade - RESOLVED

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Exclamation Castle Story: iOS12 Upgrade - RESOLVED

Hi all,

There are lots of posts across the forum about games not working when iOS12 is installed. I don't have any info to share about whether CS will also be affected, so in the meantime till I find out, can you please not update your devices. S8 are working on their other games, but until I hear anything, it may be safer not to update.

If you have, and CS opens, please post.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-03-18 at 10:52 PM.

Thank you for the heads up.

I have seen the same warnings from other game developers in their forums about not upgrading to iOS 12 until the dust has settled. In some cases, it wasn't issues with the games but issues with the social media apps that the games connected to that would prevent the games from working correctly.

Rhino Keeper
    I upgraded and than saw this post.
    Rushed to open CS and it did open. Phew
    Hope it doesn’t crash though!!

It is still better we wait though for the moment. We should get confirmation in a few days.

Rhino Keeper
    I also upgraded before I saw this post. I upgraded on both my phone and iPad and have had zero issues. Hope this continues!

Rhino Keeper
    I too upgraded before seeing this post but after having issues with another Storm8 game. I don’t have any problems with Castle Story. So now I just have to wait for the other game to correct. In saying this I agree with NOT upgrading yet. Hopefully it won’t be too long.

That's positive news! Thanks for posting.

Fashion Designer
    Are you saying don’t upgrade the game app if you’ve already upgraded to iOS 12, or don’t upgrade to iOS 12? I just upgraded my iPad a couple of days ago but it’s still on 11.4.1 for some reason. I had waited a long time to upgrade so many that was the last one.
    No Gems For Runes!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Are you saying don?t upgrade the game app if you?ve already upgraded to iOS 12, or don?t upgrade to iOS 12? I just upgraded my iPad a couple of days ago but it?s still on 11.4.1 for some reason. I had waited a long time to upgrade so many that was the last one.
    iOS 11.4.1 is fine, I upgrade my iPad as well, all good. No here it is iOS 12 that causes issues. I generally wait a few weeks before upgrading, just because of those issues. Minor release jump are in general OK, but major release jump is always prone to put lame your device for a few days until they release the next patch.

Never update your OS during a timed event, unless you don't care about that event.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    iOS 11.4.1 is fine, I upgrade my iPad as well, all good. No here it is iOS 12 that causes issues. I generally wait a few weeks before upgrading, just because of those issues. Minor release jump are in general OK, but major release jump is always prone to put lame your device for a few days until they release the next patch.

Never update your OS during a timed event, unless you don't care about that event.
    Oh it takes me weeks, sometimes months to upgrade because it never seems to be a good time to let my device sit for an hour while the upgrade is installed.....and I never remember to do it before bed. And I just remembered, every September there are problems with the big iOS upgrades so no one does them until reading online that everything’s been worked out. I’m not due for a new device this year so I haven’t been following the news about Apple as I usually do.
    No Gems For Runes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast