View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

13 50.00%
  • I didn't like this event

9 34.62%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

8 30.77%
  • I didn't participate

0 0%
  • Porcuplenty

8 30.77%
  • Cornucowpia

8 30.77%
  • Havest Horn

12 46.15%
  • Glitter Gorgon

9 34.62%
  • Spirit Stallion

18 69.23%
  • Sunbeam Fairy

8 30.77%
  • Hidden Forest

16 61.54%
  • I didn't like the prizes

1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Glimmer Gates - 2018 Sep 18 (POLL ADDED)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat68 View Post
    Thank you, Penguin2016. You were absolutely right. I must have missed wherever it said you have to actually hatch it.
    You’re welcome, glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    On my MenollyPiper account, all the popups for the Porcuplenty telling the Leaderboard points you get for hatching and feeding happened before my Leaderboard actually loaded. So I'm showing no Leaderboard points, even though I should have the rewards for hatching & feeding a Porcuplenty to level 10. I closed & reopened the game just in case that would fix it, but it didn't.

On Persepheny, only the first one popped up before the Leaderboard loaded, so for that one I got the 300 and 400 for raising to level 10 & level 12, but not the first 300 for hatching.

"Fortunately," Sakrysta doesn't have a Porcuplenty yet.
    Sounds like u need to **** the game immediately after seeing the first pop-up. Let the server finish the matchups and the reopen it when ur good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Wow! I love your post - the way you quoted the lyrics, how they seemed like a synchronistic experience for you, and just your general composition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin2016 View Post
    I agree with Phoenix that this is an awesome post... and couldn?t agree more. Again, I didn?t have a problem with leaderboard points myself, but I?m upset on the rest of your behalf about how silent the staff have been on this issue.
    Thank you.

It was the end of an interesting day where, ironically, I had been giving my staff a talk about the need to be timely in our response to our customers. I had been tempted to use this situation as an example of how delays in our responses and ignoring a client can lead to frustrations, distrust and a loss in business but chose another example in the end.

And then the song played on the radio

I did submit a ticket, and I'm happy they responded to say they were looking into it, but I would have appreciated it a lot more had they made the statement here or in an in-game popup instead of the summary dismissal our concerns received.

So an advice to all who encountered this issue, please submit a support request if you are holding out for any hope of receiving the missing points. Support may ultimately tell you they can't or won't credit you the points, but if you don't submit a request, you can be sure you won't get the leaderboard points in question.

Quote Originally Posted by zzGoldmine2 View Post
    Sounds like u need to **** the game immediately after seeing the first pop-up. Let the server finish the matchups and the reopen it when ur good to go.
    Thank you for the suggestion. This might just have worked

I'll be sure to try it out the next time something like this happens in such events and if it really works, then it should be published in an official list of workarounds for game malfunctions.

There’s actually a very simple solution on Storm8’s end to this issue that people have been having (both for lost boost opportunity and missing points) - don’t put a previously released animal as the animals associated with the side goal. Put the previously released animals earlier or later in the milestones than the animal associated with the side goal, and this won’t happen again...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin2016 View Post
    There’s actually a very simple solution on Storm8’s end to this issue that people have been having (both for lost boost opportunity and missing points) - don’t put a previously released animal as the animals associated with the side goal. Put the previously released animals earlier or later in the milestones than the animal associated with the side goal, and this won’t happen again...
    My thoughts also

Fashion Designer
    All these suggestions on how to not have this problem again are fine but why do we always have to fix their problems. They mess up constantly and then they tell us it's our problem. My game is starting to have crashing problems and blinking in and out and then the screen goes blue and my game crashes. S8 doesn't care how many of us share the same problem with only their game. I'm tired of all the problems they create we have to fix ourself. I for one have stopped paying them. If they want my $100 - $200 a month back they'll have to start earning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Callyvitale19 View Post
    All these suggestions on how to not have this problem again are fine but why do we always have to fix their problems. They mess up constantly and then they tell us it's our problem. My game is starting to have crashing problems and blinking in and out and then the screen goes blue and my game crashes. S8 doesn't care how many of us share the same problem with only their game. I'm tired of all the problems they create we have to fix ourself. I for one have stopped paying them. If they want my $100 - $200 a month back they'll have to start earning it.
    Fair point...

Fashion Designer
    Even with my loss thankfully I am 7pts away from spirit stallion and then I will get my abyss- not participating in the race for 1 and 2nd again this LB, really can't wait til this month is over, I hope next month events are better and more worked out for all of our sake and I hope to have better luck- October is my favorite month. (And my bday) really pray for some cool releases that will keep my attention and motivation to continue the WANT to play.

Fashion Designer
    I gave up a few days ago and finished out the milestones, just so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore. I don't want the fairy anyway. At least this time, between the undesirable (to me) prize creature, and the fact that I wasn't awarded all the points I was entitled to, I won't allow myself to be pulled into the race at the end for the grand prize and can focus on rebuilding my food stores.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast