View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

13 50.00%
  • I didn't like this event

9 34.62%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

8 30.77%
  • I didn't participate

0 0%
  • Porcuplenty

8 30.77%
  • Cornucowpia

8 30.77%
  • Havest Horn

12 46.15%
  • Glitter Gorgon

9 34.62%
  • Spirit Stallion

18 69.23%
  • Sunbeam Fairy

8 30.77%
  • Hidden Forest

16 61.54%
  • I didn't like the prizes

1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Glimmer Gates - 2018 Sep 18 (POLL ADDED)

Farm Supplier
    How can that be right. As soon as I logged into my game it gave me the 300 points for the porkuplenty and another 300 as my porkuplenty was at level 12. Elsa how can it be our fault if the leader board event automatically starts even before we are grouped. Another mistake from your side so your making excuses because I doubt this mistake can be corrected. I have 2 accounts and my 600 points are missing from each account and one of my accounts I logged into after half an hour as the leader board event wasn't even showing on the right hand column.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To receive Leaderboard Points, you must be matched into a group. Matching takes under a minute. Actions completed before you are matched are not eligible for Points.
    The game should have matched us in a group BEFORE it started giving out these points for the leaderboard. It is NOT OUR FAULT that the matching did not occur. What you are saying here is that we have some kind of responsibility to do the matching before we start when in actual fact the game is supposed to match us into groups before it starts scoring.

In past leaderboard events, the matching always got completed before the scoring started and I would be properly awarded the points. This time around however, when I started the game, the leaderboard icon was MISSING, but a minute after I began playing, the pop ups SUDDENLY started coming up, telling me I had gotten this and that points, but when they finally stopped, the LEADERBOARD ICON HAD STILL NOT APPEARED but my goals had been updated and advanced, see the screencaps below...

Thinking that I would simply have to restart the game to fix the missing icon, I did just that. The icon did appear but all the fabulous points that the game said I had won were not awarded

And what is even more infuriating is that others in the group I was matched in obviously got their points

The players in the leaderboard, from the 9th placing to the 1st, all have over a thousand points, even those from the 13th placing up had several hundred. They were obviously awarded the points without any issue.

Rhino Keeper
    The goals started well before the leaderboard started. They DID NOT trigger at the same time.

It is not our first one. The logic changed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post

The players in the leaderboard, from the 9th placing to the 1st, all have over a thousand points, even those from the 13th placing up had several hundred. They were obviously awarded the points without any issue.

It's simple. They opened the game after the leaderboard started. No one sits on their game 24/7. Those of us that happened to be playing (trying to finish the tournament) more frequently today had the goals start well before the leaderboard.

There is no way I can catch up without it giving me back my STOLEN points.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To receive Leaderboard Points, you must be matched into a group. Matching takes under a minute. Actions completed before you are matched are not eligible for Points.
    There was definitely a time differential today in how the goals were released vs the leaderboard. Sad to see S8 not acknowledging the issue in an appropriate manner.

Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    The goals started well before the leaderboard started. They DID NOT trigger at the same time.

It is not our first one. The logic changed.
    I started my game about two hours after the usually scheduled timing for the start of the leaderboard and this still happened.

No expansions... Ugly habitats... Recolored creatures... Increasingly unattainable goals... Worsening instability... Higher frequency of crashes... Buck passing... (insert gripe)

Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    There was definitely a time differential today in how the goals were released vs the leaderboard. Sad to see S8 not acknowledging the issue in an appropriate manner.
    I remember that in the past, the goals were released AFTER the leaderboard event pop-ups appear.

Rhino Keeper
    I think it's really kind of stinky that all those points are awarded before we can even blink or do anything in the leaderboard. I usually wait to hatch the leaderboard point animal until after I activate a boost (usually much later in the event). The first time I opened my game after the official start time of the leaderboard, I was inundated with pop-ups, and was awarded the points for the first two steps of "Plenty of Time" before I even realized what was happening. I guess I should be grateful that I got all the points coming to me. But it sure blew a gigantic hole in my leaderboard playing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alohatami View Post
    I think it's really kind of stinky that all those points are awarded before we can even blink or do anything in the leaderboard. I usually wait to hatch the leaderboard point animal until after I activate a boost (usually much later in the event). The first time I opened my game after the official start time of the leaderboard, I was inundated with pop-ups, and was awarded the points for the first two steps of "Plenty of Time" before I even realized what was happening. I guess I should be grateful that I got all the points coming to me. But it sure blew a gigantic hole in my leaderboard playing strategy.
    I’m in exactly the same boat as you.

And while I had no issue with getting my points, I agree with everyone else that it is completely unfair to penalize the player for auto-completing goals that we have no control over.

If the animals were not from previous events and some people already had them, would this have still happened? Not a good start to leaderboard this game just keeps getting worse.
    Last edited by cherrycastleorchard; 09-21-18 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast