Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about videos to battle

Rhino Keeper

Question about videos to battle

Recently I got a new phone and the option of watching videos to avoid waiting to battle appeared to me I think for the very first time (and it worked!). I have never had this option so I didn't really know how it worked and if there's a max number of videos you can watch, etc. The first day I tried it I used it 8 times in a row. Then the button disappeared, so I thought that maybe there was a limit per day. Next day it appeared again and I could only use it 3 times before it disappeared. A few days have passed and the button hasn't appeared again. Is there any problem with it, or does it have a limit that I don't know about? (I have the latest version and everything is updated).

Thanks in advance!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Monichiwa View Post
    Recently I got a new phone and the option of watching videos to avoid waiting to battle appeared to me I think for the very first time (and it worked!). I have never had this option so I didn't really know how it worked and if there's a max number of videos you can watch, etc. The first day I tried it I used it 8 times in a row. Then the button disappeared, so I thought that maybe there was a limit per day. Next day it appeared again and I could only use it 3 times before it disappeared. A few days have passed and the button hasn't appeared again. Is there any problem with it, or does it have a limit that I don't know about? (I have the latest version and everything is updated).

Thanks in advance!
    Official company line is that "The videos are promotional and subject to change," which is really their way of saying that the videos can appear and disappear at random times and that's the way it is. Anecdotally, many have noted that they only receive so many videos per 24 hours and that number has ranged from 3 to 9.

Personally, I've found that if I use my videos in the morning, they return the next morning but it's not always the same amount as you've seen. I've also noticed that 9 is the most I've had to use at any one time, 3 the least and I usually don't watch them unless it's for a tourney. In the past when I've watched the videos, the prizes were dismal (usually coins) which isn't a big help for me but speeding up tourneys sure is so I try to save them for that purpose. Plus, if I watch the videos in the evening and then a tourney starts the next morning, my videos won't be ready til evening again which throws off my timing thus I let them go until I actually need them. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere in this forum on the subject of videos so maybe have a look around. I tried to find it but I'm not on my usual device which is making it difficult, sorry.

Executive Chef
    anyone got issue with video for battle ? i have to watch 2 videos before i could get a new battle !
    we are supposed to get a new battle for each video ! is it a new way to ***** players, to make more money ?
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    anyone got issue with video for battle ? i have to watch 2 videos before i could get a new battle !
    we are supposed to get a new battle for each video ! is it a new way to ***** players, to make more money ?
    In a word, No! There is no relation between the number of videos you watch and your success rate in the arena.

I have been able to win battles without watching any videos and when I do watch a video to bypass the waiting time, and more times than not, I have been able to win the battle without the need to watch a second video.

Look at the guides for tips and clues on how to win battles. Please don't point at every little failure you encounter and make it an excuse to bash S8.

Executive Chef
    i’m not talking out battle success rate i’m talking about watching video to ‘bypass the waiting time’ like you said
    i know well that winning battle is all about random since i have been doing tournaments for a couple of years (5 years, soon 6? if you look at my joining date)

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    In a word, No! There is no relation between the number of videos you watch and your success rate in the arena.

I have been able to win battles without watching any videos and when I do watch a video to bypass the waiting time, and more times than not, I have been able to win the battle without the need to watch a second video.

Look at the guides for tips and clues on how to win battles. Please don't point at every little failure you encounter and make it an excuse to bash S8.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    i’m not talking out battle success rate i’m talking about watching video to ‘bypass the waiting time’ like you said
    i know well that winning battle is all about random since i have been doing tournaments for a couple of years (5 years, soon 6? if you look at my joining date)
    Oh! I apologize for that

I think I know what you mean as I have encountered this too. But it's still a ”no” about S8 trying to make more money. I noticed that for me, this only happens with one particular ad, a farming game if memory serves, so it's more likely a big.

Nightclub Owner
    For months, every time I would get the Fishdom ad in any of my s8 games it would freeze the entire game and I'd have to restart the entire app. Of course, this was the video that I got 90% of the time. Just when I was beyond irritated and filed a complaint about it, boom! The very next day the ad suddenly started working properly. I know they didn't have time to read my complaint and issue a fix, it was likely something they were already working on, but my point is that there are a lot of issues with the videos still.

Currently, mine work well, I just get the occasional vids that don't follow through. By that I mean that like you, I get no reward or the battle doesn't speed up after watching the entire video even though the video played fine. The upside is that if I watch a 'dud' video that doesn't pay out, it also doesn't subtract from my total videos left. While annoying, it's not actively working against us so that's the silver lining.... I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Oh! I apologize for that

I think I know what you mean as I have encountered this too. But it's still a ”no” about S8 trying to make more money. I noticed that for me, this only happens with one particular ad, a farming game if memory serves, so it's more likely a big.
    Yep, just confirmed that it is the "Wild West: New Frontier" game ad. The one with the chickens running around, getting their feathers dyed in purple.

I find it quite cute though, it seems as if the devs are telling us they are running around like headless chickens.

Executive Chef
    yes i confirm, ift is this video who is bugging

Executive Chef
    i’m done with all those bugging videos. i won’t see them anymore before some staff says it is fixed. that is their lose if they don’t fixe them
    what is the point if watching videos can’t make me bypass the waiting time ? must be over 20 videos that are bugging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast