Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Bacon Me Crazy - 2018 Sep 4

You don't need to put the Appliance in storage. All you have to do is tap on it again and it'll give you the option of cooking something else at which time you can get collectibles. But you do not have to put the appliance in storage which would obviously be too time consuming. I call this the "cook and dump" method which is the way to get a lot of collectibles without having to spend too much money and waiting for forever for your neighbors to give you the part you need.

Amyone know what part 2 is? I live where that Hurricane Gordon is. Power has gone off a couple times. So, I lose accesss to this.
    ​Amy

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh nope. Not doing these goals 🙃

I'm all for themes based around ingredients, as I think it can inspire some real creativity sometimes, but this just feels like it's trying way too hard with the decor, furniture, and even the parts.

I'm still adjusting to the new goal format, but the theme of this goal is not enough incentive for me to try it out for the next 15 days to get prizes and buy items that look childish and frankly ridiculous. I could see the Bacon Mascot as a character for Halloween (maybe placed next to a Werewolf character just for laughs), but honestly, what was the intent behind the design of these prizes?

I like to earn prizes to actually place in my restaurant and design with. These feel like they were thrown together as a last minute purely to give players something for progressing through the goals.

I really hope the designers go back to the drawing board, or draw on some theme suggestions for future themes. This really feels like something no one would've asked for 😕
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Nightclub Owner
    I've found the drops from the other ovens have sped up the collectible process for me this time. So now that I've already finished two goals like this and know I can do it, I've decided to let this one play out naturally. I'm not wasting time dumping food just to finish a few days early. I suspect newer/lower level players may not have such an easy go of it and I fully understand their wanting to dump. But long timers likely have more than enough regular ovens to get parts from that dumping isn't required which is a relief to me. It didn't really fit into my style of playing which is to put recipes on and then come back when they're done. I spend very little time in game other than switching foods so sitting there for an hour and tapping was not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl5458 View Post
    You don't need to put the Appliance in storage. All you have to do is tap on it again and it'll give you the option of cooking something else at which time you can get collectibles. But you do not have to put the appliance in storage which would obviously be too time consuming. I call this the "cook and dump" method which is the way to get a lot of collectibles without having to spend too much money and waiting for forever for your neighbors to give you the part you need.
    Yes, but that only works when you've unlocked more than one recipe on an oven. If you want to do the recipe dumping on the Bacon Press to get enough collectibles to build the required 3, you do in fact have to store it. It won't let you cancel the Bacon Roses unless you have another recipe to select as a replacement so storing is necessary. Not really needed now that the Side Goal recipes are dropping collectibles but it's best to know these things for future.

Grand Emperor
    Please take note:

You can find these recipes under ALL tab. They are missing under the sub category tabs. This has been reported over. Thanks.

Basic Grill: Teriyaki Skewers
    Basic Stove: Raviolis
    Basic Oven: Baked Pears

Does anyone know what the 2nd part of the side goal is?? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by brwnsuga8 View Post
    Thank you for this detailed info on how to find the recipes. I thought I was going a little crazy when I couldn't find them. I've already mastered them and yet they miraculously had disappeared

I will say that, although I like aspects of the new format, the way to get parts isn't going to work for me for long. Tapping hundreds of times while cooking on stove, then putting in storage and then taking them out again to live to tap for another day is madness.

Plus, my wrists are ****ing me ! AND I work full-time and have a life to live. They need another strategy to invigorate the game. Giving us carpal tunnel isn't the way to go. lol
    Happy to help Yeah, I thought I was losing it too. This tabbed gift & recipe system is a fine idea but poorly & barely implemented.

Agreed. Love not having to wait for nbrs, but not ready to set aside an hour to grind my way to a single oven. I didn't know this was going to turn into that kind of tapping game.

I'd started to count in BS before I couldn't anymore. 33 clicks to get to the oven, 2-3 to put one down, 5 to start a dish (unless you're doing multiple ovens at once in which case it's 7 each), 6 to cancel & switch (one at a time, else 8), etc... But if you only have one recipe unlocked you have to store the oven, which means 33 more clicks, 2-3 to put one down... Blaaaugh. And that's not including mis-clicks. To make it more of a grind, we're given uneven collectibles (eg I have 3 of one & 23 of another, which means I can make only 3 parts).

lol, live to tap another day for the invigorating experience of carpal tunnel is right.
    And by right I mean wrong, Storm8.

side goal part 2:
    15 ravioli (basic stove 3hrs), 15 baked pear (8 hrs, basic oven), 15 teriyaki (1hr, grill)

Fashion Designer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180905_131134.jpg 
Views:	2094 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	47225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collage 2018-09-05 12_53_50.jpg 
Views:	2115 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	47226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1536130330780.jpg 
Views:	2069 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	47227  
    ғαвυℓσυs

Fashion Designer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1536130481650.jpg 
Views:	2069 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	47228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collage 2018-09-05 12_56_43.jpg 
Views:	1989 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	47229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1536131464839.jpg 
Views:	1979 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	47230  
    ғαвυℓσυs

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast