Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcane Fissues World Event August 31 2018

Fashion Designer
    It's like no one at S8 actually plays the game, so they have absolutely no idea what point range to set.
    Maybe they decide by throwing darts at random numbers on a board, like they apparently do when assigning types to the new dragons?

Rhino Keeper
    Maybe S8 just doesn't like happy customers! The last event made many of us very happy as we could finally get the final dragon. So they've decided to make things difficult again so as to frustrate us and make us give up.
    Last edited by delimiah; 09-05-18 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Typo error

I'd guess the points are so high this time because of labor day weekend. A lot of people were off work and could potentially spend more time playing.

Executive Chef
    They need a better balance. Last time was way too easy.

HOWEVER, they need someone better at math setting the numbers. Don't go changing everything at once - how about keeping the X multiplier stable and up the overall points needed per day until you strike a balance.

I get you want gold spenders so make the final prize require activating the second roost and say 5 gold per day to achieve. Make the first dragon achievable for all and then with the final prize not requiring tons of gold spend, it entices us to spend gold. Get better at micro transactions and the carrot/stick approach and you'll have happy customers. Happy customers make loyal customers, loyal customers bring in more customers and new customers spend money. It's not really that hard of a concept to grasp - make the math work for these events and your bottom line.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    5750 Heartstones - Hekate Dragon - Super Rare - 14 hr - Arcane+Olympus+Purple (Left in pic)

8500 Heartstones - Foreverbloom Dragon - Ultra Rare - 18 hr - Arcane+Flower+Pink (Right in pic)

For future reference, an easy way to find the info quickly is via The Codex. Event/new dragons are listed at the very top of the Codex so they're pretty much the only dragons that are easy to find in it, lol.
    Thanks! Very helpful! I just got to community prizes this morning and have no chance to get the dragons so I?m done. Good luck everyone! ��

Banned
    @sophiensissie I know that @annirassweets already answered your question, but I just wanted to add that, in addition to the Codex, you can look at the dragons in the Market to find out the elements. They show up easily because they are under "featured."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngenius View Post
    I think S8 overshot the required number of items needed for this world event for both individual and community prizes. The previous event worked very well, everyone was happy, why did they have to change it? Also, this event is starting to lose its essence by raising the required number of items to unlock the community prizes. I mean, if a lot of players will not be able to reach 4500, then it will be impossible to reach 155,000,000 (even if collective effort is applied). I would really be surprised if those who unlocked the community prizes will get the final community prize. Game is probably rigged if that happens.

PS. I have unlocked the community prize and the final community prize total is nowhere near 155,000,000 as of this writing.
    I just unlocked community prizes, and we are only at 49,112,986 points as of now. We have unlocked the 50 Essence, which is a very nice prize, and are close to getting the 10 marble keys, which is also a great prize, but, no, I don't see how we can possibly get another 100 million beyond that to unlock the adventure tickets (is it 15?) in 2 days. I know that the points tend to snowball toward the end as more and more players obtain the portals and the Spellspine dragon, but if we have only almost obtained 50 million in 5 days, I don't see how we can obtain another 100 million in 2 days. Very disappointing.
    As for the personal prizes, it will be tough, but i should be able to get the Hekate dragon, but will come nowhere near the final dragon, so again, very disappointing. Oh well, I guess. It's just a game.

Fashion Designer
    Doesn't look like I'll hit the last dragon. I bought the mini and portal and I got them as prizes I'll still be a little over 1300 on the last dragon. I say foul you guys got my money hey!

I had finally gotten used to NOT finishing these WEs -- after finishing with a bit of effort for years with much better prizes. Then, the last one came and I finished! Early! Wow....S8 finally is throttling back on these ridiculous numbers.
    Now it seems, despite breeding 2 Spellspines (raising 1 to 10 and questing the other non stop), keeping 7 farms, 2 evos, 1 breeding and 3 nests full I won't even make it to the FIRST dragon. You've got to be kidding me.

Rhino Keeper
    I just got the first dragon on my main account which im happy about. I was lucky to get 2 spellspires the very first day so was able to level one up quickly and send the other on quests immediately after hatching. Not sure if i will get the second dragon tho and im just praying to be able to unlock the community prizes on my baby account. I cant believe how many points they are requiring for the last community prize. I hate being so critical but I truly think someone was out of their mind when then set that number.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast