Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcane Fissues World Event August 31 2018

The Honorable Panda

Arcane Fissues World Event August 31 2018

Note: If you did not receive your adventure tickets try force closing your game.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The rollout has completed, if you didn't receive your rewards please submit a contact us form and support will address you as soon as possible.

Collect Heartstones to earn the following dragons and decor.

• Earn up to 1,000 points by raising a Spellspine Dragon to level 10.
    • Points for winning Battles (5x Bonus).
    • Breeding with your Dragons (3x Bonus).
    • Hatching dragons from the Nest
    • Harvesting food at Farms
    • Evolving dragons (3x Bonus).
    • Additional Heartstones were obtainable by buying the Mini-portal or the Mega-portal from the market
    • Completing special quests at the Quest Outpost

Individual Prizes
    Name Heartstone Amounts Purchase Price Reward
    Mini-portal 150 150 gold
    Arcane Gem
    (for crafting)
    750 600 gold
    Mega-portal 2,150 1,400 gold
    Hekate Dragon 5,750 3,600 gold
    Foreverbloom Dragon 8,500 2,750 gold

Community Prizes
    Name Heartstone Amounts
    Essence 18,500,000
    Marble Keys 55,000,000
    Adventure Tickets 155,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Hi, I'll answer what I can. Attachment 47221
    Kooky pretty much spelled everything out in post 1 in this thread, but I attached a screenshot of the "info" page.

You can *either* craft or breed a Spellspine dragon, or both. I was lucky enough to breed two on each of my two accounts, so I didn't need to bother with crafting. It is good if you can get 2 because you can evolve one up to level 10 to get more points while the 2nd one is on quests for points, but if you only get 1, level it up and then start sending it on quests.
    The dragon itself doesn't actually do anything, like manipulate fissure or whatever you said. It just helps you get points toward the prizes.
    Probably the best place to find the info on all different aspects of playing this game and to read about the events is in this forum, quite frankly.
    You don't *have* to spend any gold. Spending gold would help you advance further faster so that you might be able to get tall the prizes, but you don't *have* to if you don't want to. However, at this point, if you don't already have a Spellspine dragon, you're kind of far behind to catch up. I started playing right away when the event started and was lucky to quickly breed the Spellspine dragons, and I'm still at under 4000 points on both of my accounts, so I haven't unlocked community prizes yet, but I will get there before the event ends. I'm not sure if I will get the first dragon prize, and I almost certainly won't reach the final dragon this time. *sigh*

Last edited by kooky panda; 09-11-18 at 09:59 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Banned
    I really like the Arcane Gem and wish that we could have one or more to display, even though there isn't much room for decor. I would make room for one of those, especially if it were big enough to see, like a 2x2 or something.

It feels like they made adjustments since last time (I don't have time to go back and do comparisons between the 2 events) because it feels like it is taking much longer to get to the prizes. I was able to breed 2 Spellspine dragons on both accounts, so I was able to level one up and send one on quests on each account, and I still have quite a ways to go before I can unlock community prizes, much less get a new dragon. They must have decided last time was too easy because last time I was done before the event even ended. This time I don't think I'll get the final dragon. Does anyone else notice a difference?

Hello Phoenix. Totally agree. I play quite regularly and pretty well always get the prizes but this time I don’t know if I can get the last one. I may have to do some speed food growing etc using boosts. This is not normal for me so yes, prizes seem harder to get. Keep going!!!

Nightclub Owner
    I really like the Arcane Gem and wish that we could have one or more to display, even though there isn't much room for decor. I would make room for one of those, especially if it were big enough to see, like a 2x2 or something.

It feels like they made adjustments since last time (I don't have time to go back and do comparisons between the 2 events) because it feels like it is taking much longer to get to the prizes. I was able to breed 2 Spellspine dragons on both accounts, so I was able to level one up and send one on quests on each account, and I still have quite a ways to go before I can unlock community prizes, much less get a new dragon. They must have decided last time was too easy because last time I was done before the event even ended. This time I don't think I'll get the final dragon. Does anyone else notice a difference?
    Oh yes, it definitely feels harder this time. Below I'll list the differences I've noticed and you can decide why you're struggling more:

- This time, 1000 points for Event Common (Spellspine)
    - Last time - 3000 points for Event Common (Gold Pheasant)
    - This time better point deco (Mega Portal) won at 2150 points
    - Last time better point deco (Sky Flier) won at 2000 points
    - This time Comm. Prizes need 18.5, 22, 155 million points to win
    - Last time Comm. Prizes - 12.8, 30 and 60 million needed to win
    - This time less bonus points = Battles - 5x, Breeding - 3x, Evolving - 3x, Hatching - 1pt/hr (none), Harvesting - 1pt/hr (none)
    - Last time more bonus points = Battles - 5x, Breeding - 5x, Evolving - 5x, Hatching - 2x, Harvesting 4x
    - This time Event Quests - 3 hour: 72-100, 8 hour: 110-140, 12 hour: 140-350
    - Last time Event Quests - 3 hour: 130-165, 8 hour: 205-250, 12 hour: 235-260
    - This time milestones - 150, 750, 2150, 5750, 8500 (comm. unlocks@ 4500)
    - Last time milestones - 150, 750, 2000, 6000, 9500 (comm. unlocked @ 5000)
    - This time - Common disenchants for 10 Essence
    - Last time - Common disenchants for 2 Essence

After looking over these differences I think I see why it's harder this time, for me at least. Last time though the totals needed were higher, we got boosted points for every task that gave points and the boosted points were higher; whereas this time we get less boosted points from fewer tasks. I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to do or if I'll even finish at this point which is both sad and irritating.

If we had gone straight from the old set up to this event we players might not have complained. But compared to the last WE, this one is sort of a let down and the points are once more a struggle to obtain. S8 showed us they could make events a bit easier and more enjoyable for players last WE so this event seems doubly disappointing to me.

Executive Chef
    obviously it was too easy last time. they didn’ win enough money so they made it tougher this time. 2 days left and i’m not even half way to last individual prize
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Banned
    @annirassweets OMG, I can't believe that you took time to do all those comparisons! But thank you for doing so.

Yes, I agree that they shouldn't have made it easy one time and now made it harder again. I wish that S8 would figure it out already!

Nightclub Owner
    @annirassweets OMG, I can't believe that you took time to do all those comparisons! But thank you for doing so.

Yes, I agree that they shouldn't have made it easy one time and now made it harder again. I wish that S8 would figure it out already!
    You're welcome but I already had the write ups for both events so I merely had to note the differences. I think it's important that everyone can plainly see the differences and share their views on them. Last time, all the posts (and there were many) were positive after the initial shock of the numbers wore off and we saw how the new set up would work. This time, very few posts and people are once more unhappy.

I can understand not wanting to make events effortless but there's a middle ground that they refuse to acknowledge and that's what irritates me most. I'll play as I usually do, get where I get and live on in the hope that they'll figure this out before the game celebrates it's 10th anniversary, lol.

Fashion Designer
    I am undecided at this point. The last event was really easy, which was great because I was busy. This time it is harder but I also didn't activate my breeding roost so I'm not sure how much that effects it. Still...a little over two days left and I still need 3500 to get to the last goal?

I got the Spellspine dragon on the first day and raised him to level 10 with back to back evolving, he's been questing pretty much ever since.

I got the portal the first day and the Megaportal the third day (I think).

I used 2 10X food boosts to boost points from farming (coupled with bingo cards).

I don't know...it just seems harder...

Rhino Keeper
    Oh great, there's the info on which level to raise the Spellspine. Thanks for that!

Also, I do understand that they're in the business to make money, durr...and the last event was on the much easier side. But one of the biggest things they can't seem to grasp is that everything is always on SUCH a time crunch? It's like they don't factor in that people have to eat, sleep, shower, go to school/work, possibly have a fraction of a social life, etc.

Just seems that they can't/won't find a middleground to appease new players as well as veterans so that it's not ridiculously hard and demanding, but not too easy peasy 5000 either.

Fashion Designer
    I wasn't able to breed Gold Pheasant for the last event but bred 2 Spellspine at the start of this event (yay!)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast