Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Battlemage Battle Tournament

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    @skyharbor602, thanks for the tips. I specifically raised a Diamond and Achilles up to level 15 for the tournaments and between them and Glasswing at 14 I can usually get through the tournament pretty easily without using gold. Warrior Princess got me this time and I ended up using gold, but after a loss with Diamond (15), Achilles (15), Smitten (14), my Diamond was healed up and I beat the Battlemage at the end. Prior to this tournament, the last time I used gold was early June and that's as much because I was working long hours in the building without cell reception so I didn't have time for 15 battles a day.

I never thought to use Virtue before this torunament and I forget who it beat (I listed it upthread). I'm also trying to think of Smitten more as people have said he's a good fighter.
    Well thank you Mostreal! Smitten is definitely a great fighter and well worth leveling to 15 by mistake, lol. The dragons you listed are pretty good fighters but it's always that achilles' heel once in a while that shows up in tournaments but I see you already know that persistence and patience can work. Good job on the tournament!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Well thank you Mostreal! Smitten is definitely a great fighter and well worth leveling to 15 by mistake, lol. The dragons you listed are pretty good fighters but it's always that achilles' heel once in a while that shows up in tournaments but I see you already know that persistence and patience can work. Good job on the tournament!
    Ha yes. I was laughing a bit at your post, though as you suggest not using one dragon to much and when I'm out and about during the later levels of a tournament I tend to use Glasswing as a 'go to'. I beat 6 or 7 dragons in a row in this last tournament with it!

I fully understand that my use of Ultimate is at most times an impatience thing - usually I will spend all day trying a dragon and then at least one battle the next day and then kind of go from there. For instance, I got impatient with Warrior Princess and had a Bingo card to fill. I was prepared to spend a lot of time on Aquarknight since I had 2 full days left or something and was surprised to beat him first or second try (I forget with who -probably Diamond or Achilles).

The game definitely gets better/easier when you have more levelled up dragons. I know it can take a while but it is definitely worth the food cost.

The Events are still a bit annoying. I like Dragon Tales and used to like Leaderboard but it has gotten harder. Community Event has been a struggle for a while. It is has gotten reasonably better - so long as they keep it the way it is, it isn't TO horrible....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyym View Post
    @skyharbor. A) You sound like somebody from storm8. B) In a 3 to 5 day tournament, I don't have the time or nor am i willing to spend the gold to lose against one dragon "38" times. But if you think that's fun..... I personally think that's storm8 screwing us over losing "38" times to one dragon. They want you to spend gold, And it sounds like you do EXACTLY what they want.
    Trust me, I can understand your frustration with this game but that's no reason to be rude to another player. The forum is a place where we can support and help each other and vent our frustrations but we should try and be respectful of others, especially someone like skyharbor who always seems willing to help others.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dr0g0n View Post
    used dr. Strange time reversal (roll back) and saved myself 4 golds b/c i foresaw the future and follow the 1 plan out of 14,000,605 outcomes.
    luv it....lol!!!!

Fashion Designer

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fyym
    @skyharbor. A) You sound like somebody from storm8. B) In a 3 to 5 day tournament, I don't have the time or nor am i willing to spend the gold to lose against one dragon "38" times. But if you think that's fun..... I personally think that's storm8 screwing us over losing "38" times to one dragon. They want you to spend gold, And it sounds like you do EXACTLY what they want.

Originally Posted by Sugarcat5
    Trust me, I can understand your frustration with this game but that's no reason to be rude to another player. The forum is a place where we can support and help each other and vent our frustrations but we should try and be respectful of others, especially someone like skyharbor who always seems willing to help others.

Well said sugarcat!

I'm constantly whining about multiple losses in tournaments but with help from players like skyharbor I've managed to finish every tournament for the past year without spending gold.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcat5 View Post
    Completely agree. Skyharbor has helped me many times and I think we are very lucky to have sky on the forum.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678