Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Stable upgrade now available! On sale for a limited time!

Banned
    Storm8, I see you have figured out you made a mistake again. You have so much time between world events to plan out the updates needed and yet there are multiple errors...on 1,000,000 coin habitats there was no upgrade button to upgrade, there's no details on how much an upgrade costs until you actually buy the habitat, you deleted all the tales crafting items from spell shop 12 hours or so before the end.

And now you publish a sale price only to pull it back as a mistake...to be fair, you should leave it and honor your mistake for at least 24 hours to allow some players to take advantage. For all the errors you make, giving us a chance to purchase stable upgrade for 250 is really least thing you could do... come on, be nice.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    Storm8, I see you have figured out you made a mistake again. You have so much time between world events to plan out the updates needed and yet there are multiple errors...on 1,000,000 coin habitats there was no upgrade button to upgrade, there's no details on how much an upgrade costs until you actually buy the habitat, you deleted all the tales crafting items from spell shop 12 hours or so before the end.

And now you publish a sale price only to pull it back as a mistake...to be fair, you should leave it and honor your mistake for at least 24 hours to allow some players to take advantage. For all the errors you make, giving us a chance to purchase stable upgrade for 250 is really least thing you could do... come on, be nice.
    The correct price of the upgrade is 1,000 Gold and the sale price is 500 Gold. It's available for a limited time. Please note that the upgrade will return to full price after the sale.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The correct price of the upgrade is 1,000 Gold and the sale price is 500 Gold. It's available for a limited time. Please note that the upgrade will return to full price after the sale.
    Yes, now the correct price is noted but the fact remains that the incorrect price was advertised for nearly two hours. Yes, this is a minor mistake, yet it continues a long standing pattern of mistakes both minor and major that seem to have been easily preventable with just a little due diligence. Perhaps, Storm8 could put out another pop up message apologizing for the mistake and any inconvenience that it caused. I know that fixing the problems in the first place is not an option

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Yes, CORRECT price, I get it, unfortunately S8 didn't and published and offered it at a lower price. Did you even pass along to powers that be my request for leaving the lower price for 1 day as a show of good will by S8??

Because of S8 history of errors at outset of a game, and the numerous ones in this one, i held off purchase thinking i plunk down 250 gold then perhaps don't get the 50 slots and then need contend with emails to fix...on holiday weekend too. So now I lost out. Just no way to operate.

So while you are stating the price can you please pass along my request.

Host(ess)

Be warned

I got the pop up advertising the new dragon stable upgrade and it said 250 gold. I immediately clicked upgrade and it still said 250 gold. I accepted it and it deducted 500 gold!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by laurelsail View Post
    What is the maximum that the stable holds now? Is the 500 gold the maximum storage? Thanks!
    500 gold upgrades the Stable from 80 to 130 and the upgrade icon disappears so I guess this will be the new maximum until they add more at a later date.

As for the pricing debacle, I understand mistakes happen but s8 is the only company I know of that makes the players pay for said mistakes. The print ad said 250, you should've made the price 250 for the duration of the sale that will likely only last 3 or 4 days anyway. I can guarantee you that more players would purchase the upgrade at that price than will go for the 500. You're not making more by charging more, you're losing the sales the lower pricing would've brought in. After all this time it still astounds me that this concept is lost on s8 as a company. Happy players = spending players, unhappy players = no money for you.

I do appreciate the addition to the Stable and Habitat upgrades, make no mistakes about that. I purchased several 5 dragon habitats and will likely upgrade my Stable but this is clearly a money grab. I also think this move is taking the lazy way out and they should've focused on making keys quicker to craft/giving us a building that only makes keys/adding more mining islands. All of the sales items that will help players be able to have more dragons are all gold priced; this means a large portion of players will not benefit from these items which isn't cool for the newer players who didn't have a chance at GPDs when they were reasonably priced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    500 gold upgrades the Stable from 80 to 130 and the upgrade icon disappears so I guess this will be the new maximum until they add more at a later date.

As for the pricing debacle, I understand mistakes happen but s8 is the only company I know of that makes the players pay for said mistakes. The print ad said 250, you should've made the price 250 for the duration of the sale that will likely only last 3 or 4 days anyway. I can guarantee you that more players would purchase the upgrade at that price than will go for the 500. You're not making more by charging more, you're losing the sales the lower pricing would've brought in. After all this time it still astounds me that this concept is lost on s8 as a company. Happy players = spending players, unhappy players = no money for you.

I do appreciate the addition to the Stable and Habitat upgrades, make no mistakes about that. I purchased several 5 dragon habitats and will likely upgrade my Stable but this is clearly a money grab. I also think this move is taking the lazy way out and they should've focused on making keys quicker to craft/giving us a building that only makes keys/adding more mining islands. All of the sales items that will help players be able to have more dragons are all gold priced; this means a large portion of players will not benefit from these items which isn't cool for the newer players who didn't have a chance at GPDs when they were reasonably priced.
    S8 is something else. I agree with you but they don't seem to learn about being nice to players or about checking things to avoid mistakes. Sad. I am still trying to get a refund for the price change on mighty nest habitat. I bought it Mon ...only after reading in forum it's updateable to 4 dragons for 200 gold. Then Tues they lower price to 100! Why couldn't they have advertised the upgradeable and priced it at 100 to begin with? So I asked for 100 back, why not...anyway they answered I bought it over 24 hours before the sale...the buy time was 24 hours, 4 minutes and 33 secs by their records...Less than 5 minutes and they're refusing? So I asked for a review and I'm waiting...SIGH this is what we are dealing with......

Fashion Designer
    Hi! My stable is currently holding 40 dragons, and my upgrade amount costs 500 gold. Does this mean it will automatically upgrade to 130 or still 80 dragons? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by glenngenius View Post
    Hi! My stable is currently holding 40 dragons, and my upgrade amount costs 500 gold. Does this mean it will automatically upgrade to 130 or still 80 dragons? Thank you!
    Probably 500 to get to 80 and then another 500 to get to 130, as both upgrades would normally cost 1000 gold and now are at 50% discount.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodryMaelwaedd View Post
    Probably 500 to get to 80 and then another 500 to get to 130, as both upgrades would normally cost 1000 gold and now are at 50% discount.
    I see. That's a bummer. *sigh* Anyway, thanks for the response!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast