Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/30 - Monster Hunt S14 (Dark Unicorn) | * goals and info on page 1*

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It does make you wonder what they're thinking. The dragon is only 3 Troll Tokens and it at least has the possibility of dropping energy every now and then. I've decided to focus on my Wizard Portals this Hunt instead. I'm crafting my second one now and then I'll spend the rest of the Hunt trying to upgrade both of them as much as possible. Hopefully next Hunt they'll give us an animal that's actually worth the cost of crafting it.
    Same here, I?m busy with upgrading mine. No dark armored unis will see the light of sun in my castle story.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    Right now the leader on my LB has 27,666 points! lol. I dont think I have much of a chance of catching up to her.
    Omg!

There are 3 at the top of my leaderboard who are clearly spending lots of gems and possibly cash (no one has a large visible extra source of energy). I can?t imagine shelling out all of those gems for a maybe...and then take 3rd place...and we don?t know how much energy the royal dark unicorn is going to drop (or do we?)!!!! Insanity.

I really like the goal dark unicorn and trade tickets. That?s like having a huge extra supply of energy :-)

And to keep the focus on coins is nice, too. Can build Ali?s etc with them. If people are focusing on spawning dark uni?s for points, they only get shields....seems like a dicey strategy unless you have a sleeper group like I did in the last hunt.

I think the LB setup is the same as that for DS. If you have won the previous LB’s, then they put you in a tougher group with other past winners. I won the last two LB as I was after the MH coins and have quite a few Ali’s. Those two groups were “normal”. My group this time must have a number of gem spenders. I am only after coins and not the top prize so I will not compete but for those disparing being in uneven groups, there is some degree of “fairness” in the groupings I think. This notion of mine has not been confirmed my S8 but other players have made the same observation.

Fashion Designer
    I guess this is the new trend of CS....no energy animals unless you win them in an LB or are lucky enough to get one in the Baron's Tent. I can't remember the last energy item prize in an event. Maybe the plush king and queen? The only choice is buying a weekly Ali for 600 gems.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Amore1234567 View Post
    Omg!

There are 3 at the top of my leaderboard who are clearly spending lots of gems and possibly cash (no one has a large visible extra source of energy). I can?t imagine shelling out all of those gems for a maybe...and then take 3rd place...and we don?t know how much energy the royal dark unicorn is going to drop (or do we?)!!!! Insanity.

I really like the goal dark unicorn and trade tickets. That?s like having a huge extra supply of energy :-)

And to keep the focus on coins is nice, too. Can build Ali?s etc with them. If people are focusing on spawning dark uni?s for points, they only get shields....seems like a dicey strategy unless you have a sleeper group like I did in the last hunt.

The top of mine has over13,000 and very few Ali?s. They must be spending a fortune too. Wouldn?t it be better just to purchase weekly Ali?s? The next on the board has over 8;000 points and few Ali?s as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl210 View Post
    The top of mine has over13,000 and very few Ali?s. They must be spending a fortune too. Wouldn?t it be better just to purchase weekly Ali?s? The next on the board has over 8;000 points and few Ali?s as well.

Absolutely!!!!

I checked our point leader again and she has 2 beast statues that cost 150 gems each plus 12 unicorn traps at 15 gems each!!! (And she Is over 9000 pts at level 30 with no Ali?s,only one wizard school.) That?s 480 gems for what I can see there and it?s obvious that she has spent more. She could?ve purchased a second wizard school for 200. And probably at least one Ali for what she?s spent.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl210 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amore1234567 View Post
    Absolutely!!!!

I checked our point leader again and she has 2 beast statues that cost 150 gems each plus 12 unicorn traps at 15 gems each!!! (And she Is over 9000 pts at level 30 with no Ali?s,only one wizard school.) That?s 480 gems for what I can see there and it?s obvious that she has spent more. She could?ve purchased a second wizard school for 200. And probably at least one Ali for what she?s spent.
    Wow! That's just crazy! Now you see why the LB keeps coming back...because players are going way overboard when they could just do as you both suggested & buy Ali's outright. SMH!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Wow! That's just crazy! Now you see why the LB keeps coming back...because players are going way overboard when they could just do as you both suggested & buy Ali's outright. SMH!

I agree with all that's been said. I basically play to get the gold coins only & do not focus on the LB. plus, I have hardly ever used gems in the LB's. I mostly fight the all blue dire boars except for one golem for the daily quest. Sadly when I read the stories on here about players spending so much in gems and/or real cash to advance in the LB, what could happen in the last few hours of the contest is for someone to come from way far behind and push them out of 1st or 2nd place. That indeed would feel sickening...but the chances of it happening are there to be sure.

The last few events like this, I just looked at it as a monster hunt & was actually happy to get a second cabbage hut. I'm pretty far behind on the things to craft with the gold tokens, so it's a fun like treasure hunt for me. I'm filled with lots of decisions this time...go for the portal? Go for the Direwolf? Or finish getting my last unicorns, armored Ali's & the glitter Ali.

Best of luck to all of,you.
    Last edited by TeabytheSea3; 09-03-18 at 11:28 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I have 83 gold tokens and trying to decide what to do. I don?t want the cooking camp, doing fine with what I have. Last MH I bought the wizards portal, then raised it to lvl 2. For 70 tokens I can raise it to lvl 5, effective nrg drop of 8-1=7. Or for 85 tokens I can buy a second portal which will remain at lvl 1 till next MH. This would give effective nrg of 5-1=4 on my present one and 4-1=3 on the new one. Total 7. Hmm writing it down here has helped, I would still be 15 gold tokens ahead, maybe get something else or at least a head start on the next one. Also upgrading would get rid of some spellbound b&b which I continually max on. Everyone that can should make sure they get the 2300 points for the dark unicorn, it is such a pleasure to tap him and see that trade ticket pop out! I?m not really worrying about the LB although I did do a couple of boosts and discovered to my surprise that at least on the last one I got 17 gems back from the trades so it effectively cast me nothing. I am also finding the blue dire boars to be better value than the horses. Wish I?d realised you could get multiple of them last MH, it wasn?t till I chanced upon an earlier post this MH that I realised.

Every beast master event there is a statue to be sold for dropping extra points. If I buy one in this event. Can the statue continue to be used in next event?