Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mine

Executive Chef

The Mine

How do I get the bombs for the mine?

You can get the bombs by breeding and once you put out the egg on the nest it will reward you with bombs!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mimara1212 View Post
    You can get the bombs by breeding and once you put out the egg on the nest it will reward you with bombs!
    Thank you for help

Rhino Keeper
    I just expanded to the mine. Am I correct in understanding that each time you breed & place an egg in the nest, you will get a bomb? Are there any other ways to get them without using gems? Has anyone used the mine? Are there any tips or hints of advice? Thank you for your help.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TeabytheSea3 View Post
    I just expanded to the mine. Am I correct in understanding that each time you breed & place an egg in the nest, you will get a bomb? Are there any other ways to get them without using gems? Has anyone used the mine? Are there any tips or hints of advice? Thank you for your help.
    I've used the mine. You get the bomb when the breeding is finished and the egg is placed on the Tree of Life (aka nest).

If you play DS the mine works exactly the same way. If you don't play DS then when you have a bomb and can mine after you tap on the green bar to Enter Mine, tap on the question mark and it shows you how it works.

The question mark for me does not work until I get to the point where I can start blowing up spots.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TeabytheSea3 View Post
    Correct. Each time you release a breeding pair, you will receive bombs as the egg is nested. The quantity of bombs is related to the number of breeding hours. I'm not sure of the ratio (1 bomb for every 5 hours?).

Once you unlock the mine (Level 11?), you will need to mine for Realm Runes in order to do further expansions. Every expansion will require a certain number of runes and coins, so you have to keep mining. You can only store up to 15 bombs, so be sure to use them and stock up on runes.
    There is a brief tutorial inside the mine that explains how to use it.
    Tap a spot in the mine and you will be told "Too far", "Close" or "Very close".
    Very close means a rune stone is 1 space away.
    Close means it is 2 spaces away.
    Too far means it is 3 or more spaces away.
    You are not given directional clues so you must use logic to figure out where each rune is hiding.
    You have 12 taps to find up to 4 runes in each mining session. Each space in the mine can only be tapped once during a session. When you find a rune, you continue with a new hunt for remaining ones. The previous "dead" holes can really add to the confusion. LOL
    In addition to runes, you will receive food and/or coins.

DON'T MINE IF YOU ARE DOZING OFF OR DISTRACTED.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    DON'T MINE IF YOU ARE DOZING OFF OR DISTRACTED.
    That's so funny, but so true!

Fashion Designer

Mining Session in Pictures

Tap the mine to enter. It's right next to where you found your Frostfang.

Entry Screen: At the top, it shows I have 2 bombs in storage. The green bar indicates that I've already mined enough runes for an expansion. But I can keep mining. The question mark at lower left opens a tutorial screen.

Tutorial Screen: You know - cold, warm, hot. Like that.

Start of mining session: Hidden beneath this screen is a grid of mining holes. The full green bar at the top indicates I have all 12 moves left.

First Tap: Gotta start somewhere. Too far. Note -- the clues of Very Close, Close & Too Far only flash for an instant then disappear. PAY ATTENTION.

Third tap finds first rune (along with 100 coins). Green bar indicates I've used up 25% of my moves. That ends my first play.

Five more moves and I've found a second rune (plus 50 apples). Notice the first 3 holes are still visible. That ends my second play. Bar is now red. I only have 4 more moves.

On my 12th tap, I find a third rune and I'm out of moves. I got 3 successful plays. Sorry, but the lower half of the played grid is now obscured. (I mined 2000 coins along with this rune.)

Congratulations!
    The end screen shows the total of my winnings from the 3 successful plays.
    This is from a single bomb in one mining session. The green bar shows that I now have 9 runes in storage, and that my next expansion needs 6.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you so much SANDSCApe for your tutorial. Thank you for all of the time you put into describing exactly how to mine. I was completely lost when it came to this part of the game. Your explanation is very helpful!!

I just was mining and found a rune except it said x0 when I hit it and then I didn't get a realm rune at all for finding it!! Why would it not give me the rune I found???

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast