Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Logging in with different device / Have a new device

Tysm. I'll try that.

Logging in with different device / Have a new device

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find how to switch to a new tablet. Can anyone help? Thanks

Farm Supplier

Transferring games to a new device

I know there must already be posts about this, but I couldn?t find them.
    I have been playing RS and BS on a very old iPad for a few years. I just got a
    new iPad and would like to transfer the games to the new device. I hope I can do
    this because my old iPad is registered in my husband?s name and the new iPad is
    registered in my name. I have done this with other devices, (with devices in my name),
    but that was with the help of Team Lava. If anyone can let me know how to transfer
    the games, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by stereo38 View Post
    I know there must already be posts about this, but I couldn?t find them.
    I have been playing RS and BS on a very old iPad for a few years. I just got a
    new iPad and would like to transfer the games to the new device. I hope I can do
    this because my old iPad is registered in my husband?s name and the new iPad is
    registered in my name. I have done this with other devices, (with devices in my name),
    but that was with the help of Team Lava. If anyone can let me know how to transfer
    the games, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks very much.
    This is the standard info on how to transfer your games between devices from the Games Guide thread found here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1413155

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    This is the standard info on how to transfer your games between devices from the Games Guide thread found here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1413155
    Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out.
    Well, I checked out how to transfer my game to a new device. The info is very clear and informative. I guess I have a problem that simply is due to my old iPad. I never created a password for this game, since I never expected that I would need to transfer to a new device. Now that I want to do this, I want to create a password. However, (and again, this is due to my old iPad), when I click on the Help button, the game closes. I have tried many times, and the same thing happens each time. I can open the game to play, but clicking on that button closes the game. I really do want to transfer the game and I was wondering if I can do it without a password. I have all the other necessary information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank very much for taking the time to read this. Hope some can help me with this.

Nightclub Owner
    Well, I checked out how to transfer my game to a new device. The info is very clear and informative. I guess I have a problem that simply is due to my old iPad. I never created a password for this game, since I never expected that I would need to transfer to a new device. Now that I want to do this, I want to create a password. However, (and again, this is due to my old iPad), when I click on the Help button, the game closes. I have tried many times, and the same thing happens each time. I can open the game to play, but clicking on that button closes the game. I really do want to transfer the game and I was wondering if I can do it without a password. I have all the other necessary information. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank very much for taking the time to read this. Hope some can help me with this.
    According to my game, there is another route you can take but I don't understand it myself, lol. As I was thinking over your predicament I was going through my game options on my iPad to see if I could find a workaround for you to create a password. Sadly, I didn't find one for creating a password, but I when I hit the "Help/FAQ" button on my iPad, I saw these three tabs at the bottom. The first says "Forums," the middle says "Transfer Info" and the last says "Contact Us." I naturally clicked on "Transfer Info" and here's the pop-up I got:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001278.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	47763

But, like I said, I'm not sure how you would go about using either Game Center or Facebook to transfer as I always did it the password way. I imagine you would login to Facebook via the "Settings" in the game on your old device, then when you open the game on your new device log in to FB on that one as well. I've done this for other games, but not any s8 games so I can't say for sure. I don't think trying the FB login would mess anything up if wanted, but don't try anything you aren't comfortable with; I'd feel awful if my advice set you back in any way.

Perhaps a Mod or another member could explain how this works in detail?
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 10-08-18 at 05:58 PM.

Grand Emperor
    I'm afraid you definitely need a password. I would strongly recommend all players set a password just in case they lose their device. Please contact Support via support form and select "Account recovery/Account question" category. Let the Agent know that you were unable to set the password and you want to transfer your account to another device. You can choose to transfer them yourself or have the Agent do it for you, after your password is set.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    According to my game, there is another route you can take but I don't understand it myself, lol. As I was thinking over your predicament I was going through my game options on my iPad to see if I could find a workaround for you to create a password. Sadly, I didn't find one for creating a password, but I when I hit the "Help/FAQ" button on my iPad, I saw these three tabs at the bottom. The first says "Forums," the middle says "Transfer Info" and the last says "Contact Us." I naturally clicked on "Transfer Info" and here's the pop-up I got:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001278.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	47763

But, like I said, I'm not sure how you would go about using either Game Center or Facebook to transfer as I always did it the password way. I imagine you would login to Facebook via the "Settings" in the game on your old device, then when you open the game on your new device log in to FB on that one as well. I've done this for other games, but not any s8 games so I can't say for sure. I don't think trying the FB login would mess anything up if wanted, but don't try anything you aren't comfortable with; I'd feel awful if my advice set you back in any way.

Perhaps a Mod or another member could explain how this works in detail?
    Thank you so much for taking the time time to write such an informative reply. I appreciate it. At this point, I might just try anything, though I would hate to lose my game. I am at level 99. But I should try something before my iPad stops working altogether

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast