Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging in with different device / Have a new device

Grand Emperor

Logging in with different device / Have a new device

New Device - transfer your games

When you get a new device, you have a choice of setting a bakery on your new device or transfer your current bakery to it.

To set a new bakery:
    1. Download Bakery Story unto your new device.
    2. Start playing on your new bakery. Don't forget to set your new Storm8 ID and password.

To transfer your current bakery to your new device:
    - Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
    You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device. Please see the instructions on post 1 of the New Logon on Feature thread.

If you have issues transferring your games, you can contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can transfer your games.

Note:
    (1) If you are selling or giving away your old device, it is recommended that you contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask them to remove your Storm8 ID and games tagged to that device.

(2) Playing on devices of different platforms may cause sync errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
    • If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

Maintain your device
    Remember to do the general housekeeping periodically to maintain your device for the best in-game experience. Your game will slow down when your device is not performing well.
    • Always keep the latest software version for your device (e.g. operating software and game)
    • Make sure your device has plenty of space (by clearing unwanted apps, photos, documents, etc.)
    • Clear cache
    • Disconnect and connect to your cellular or wifi
    • Restart device

Farm Supplier

Question Multiple devices

Is it possible to play same account on 2 different devices? I normally play on my phone, but I decided to download the game to my Kindle. I thought there would be some prompt to enter my Storm8 id to retrieve my bakery, but it just started from the beginning and I couldn't find anything that would let me enter an existing id. Is it not possible to either play on multiple devices or switch devices altogether? Thank for your help

Fashion Designer
    You can play the same account on more than one device. Just make sure you have two i.d.'s in case you want an account where you can send yourself gifts.

Executive Chef
    There is no sign in or out on the kindle though.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    There is no sign in or out on the kindle though.
    Oh really? I wonder why not. How weird.

Executive Chef
    Idk, It kinda sucks. I would like to have more than one restraunt/bakery.

Rhino Keeper
    Are you sure it isn't there? It's kind of hard to find. From the main menu, click "Social", then "Invite Friends", then you will see where it says "Your Storm8 ID". Click the button that says "Account Settings" then you will see the green button that says "Log in to Another Account".

Farm Supplier
    But how do I get the game i just installed on my Kindle to connect to this existing id? I don't see anywhere to sign in. When I go the the invite friends tab, it's asking me to create a new account. When i enter this id, it says sorry this account name is already taken and there are no additional prompts.

ETA - Mine's an older Kindle Fire if that makes a difference...
    Last edited by whoviankat; 04-17-15 at 06:37 PM.

You can't login with the same ID on two different devices. You can only transfer, switch or create new account on the other.
    1 account = 1 device.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Life oh Life Ooooolaaaaf....du du du ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ID: Lenn-ann: Plays Bakery Story & Restaurant Story
    ONLY REGULAR PARTS PLAYERS. Not adding food gifter or low level ...
    Edit: not adding new neighbors at this time. Thanks

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn_ann View Post
    You can't login with the same ID on two different devices. You can only transfer, switch or create new account on the other.
    1 account = 1 device.
    Ok, that's what i kinda figured
    But, for future reference how do you transfer to another device?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast