View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

48 73.85%
  • I didn't like this event

13 20.00%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

13 20.00%
  • Fuchsia Owl

49 75.38%
  • Wise Owl

34 52.31%
  • Cheerleader Pup

25 38.46%
  • School Bus

15 23.08%
  • Desk

13 20.00%
  • Piper's Backpack

10 15.38%
  • Timeout

9 13.85%
  • Lockers

23 35.38%
  • Library Kitten

28 43.08%
  • Chalkboard Art / Gold Star Tiles

25 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Too Cool For School Event - 2018 Aug 24 (POLL ADDED)

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    I have sat and listened to the complaints and I have something to say.
    I for one love the fact that we once again have events.
    There was some lovely decorations in these two events that you could win.
    We went for some time with no events and that is the only time I ever thought of quitting and I have been playing like close to five years.
    I don't fault the storm team for putting a building "The SCHOOLHOUSE" for sale to make money to pay overhead, employees, etc.
    And as a former office manager I would not make every day a gimme.
    Meaning if one day ...the last day is not hard how the heck are they going to get players to buy THE SCHOOLHOUSE boost.
    The bottom line is if the company does not make money then the game ceases to exist.
    I do not mind buying some gems to support one of the best gaming companies out there.
    They even put THE SCHOOLHOUSE on sale for 88 gems.
    Players are able to earn gems by sending trains, some drops from pets, watching a video or from show ponies.
    I save my gems to buy the building boost for these events.
    If you have zero gems then 88 gems is going to cost you about FIVE DOLLARS.
    I don't think that is gouging.
    Heck I look at it as the price of a coffee and a donut.
    Support the game and the events.
    Thank you Storm8 staff for continuing to do events for us players and for the first time ever giving a pet for just turning in five collections.
    The star path, the pig in the locker and the library cat, etc were outstanding decor.
    Like wow hats off to the designers.

Judy climbs off the soap box.

New Resident
    Despite producing dozens studio items, I?ve only recieived 3 pieces of paper. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 09-06-18 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate word

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyMiss View Post
    Despite producing dozens studio items, I?ve only recieived 3 pieces of paper. What am I doing wrong?
    Nothing it is a very, very rare drop.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 09-06-18 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Edit quote

New Resident
    😔😔😔

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyMiss View Post
    ������
    I don't know your gem situation but if you are just missing papers you can buy for 25 gems.
    On my game that is what a missing event item costs so beings you have turned in three collections two more will get you the fuchsia owl...or fifty gems for two papers.

Spring peeper, you are right.
    I finally got my fuschia owl and have since been working with my daughter to try and help her. But no matter how much chocolate sugar and corn syrup I keep selling her, her sugar spinner just won?t give a single drop. Of course she never seems to pay the game much attention except when there is a quest she wants. So, her sugar spinner only has two spots. She can?t load it and let it crank all day, then collect on the afternoon. It helps that I have made a point of doing deliveries just to get the hardware to expand each of my buildings. Most of my buildings are at max. I have a big paint bucket deficiency, but my point is the long term strategy of prepping for the next event. So, although I do see her disappointment when she realizes there is no way for her to finish, I don?t feel bad enough to offer to pay real money to help her.
    Someone with a real glitch is a whole other story. I don?t understand computers enough to even fully comprehend what is going on with that. Or why some people experience it in the game a lot while others don?t. I do know that since I found I can ?force save? by selling in my shop and visiting others, I rarely run into them anymore. But, that could just be my experience. Someone else could be experiencing a completely different kind of issue. These issues do require technical assistance and attention. I honestly have no idea how unforeseeable these issues may, or may not, be.

There I go again. I tend to run on. I enjoy playing this game, especially with the help and cooperation of others in the forum. I have learned a lot by reading your (everyone?s) posts. Some of you I almost feel like I know... others.. well, you boggle my mind. But I truly wish everyone a positive and uplifting experience. And I really am stopping talking now.

Great decor received! But I didn't need 12 buses lol. After "many" that I'm grateful for turn ins still no owl...bummed. I would have even loved more tiles. I just wish they would sort of make it more even. That's all...I love the fushia owl...Thanks Storm 8. 😊

Fashion Designer
    After a ton of attempts I finally got 5 papers to turn in to get the Fushia Owl. It was a huge effort but worth it as he’s a cute addition to the farm. But no luck on getting the other Owl or the Kitties with Books. Lots of School Buses! Never got a single tile. Many repeats of decorations. My drop rate for papers was about 1 paper per every 10-12 studio item. Didn’t seem to matter if I made a scarf or button or even long-time items like pillows or the stuffed animal or blue puffy jacket. I knew that it would be near impossible to get the brown owl but I am happy about the purple one! Thank you Storm 8 for giving us the turn-in after 5 attempts. Oh and as for Leaderboard I was able to complete it all with days to spare but ended up below 5th place. But I was happy with the other new color duckies and the paint cans!

I wish they would make the "hard to get item" on day 7 or 8 so at least you have time to try. Most of us have real lives to tend to lol. Studio on the last day was especially rough considering the craft times and sheep/cotton/wood collect time 😕 Oh well better luck next time at least I got the fucia owl ❤️

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    I have sat and listened to the complaints and I have something to say.
    I for one love the fact that we once again have events.
    There was some lovely decorations in these two events that you could win.
    We went for some time with no events and that is the only time I ever thought of quitting and I have been playing like close to five years.
    I don't fault the storm team for putting a building "The SCHOOLHOUSE" for sale to make money to pay overhead, employees, etc.
    And as a former office manager I would not make every day a gimme.
    Meaning if one day ...the last day is not hard how the heck are they going to get players to buy THE SCHOOLHOUSE boost.
    The bottom line is if the company does not make money then the game ceases to exist.
    I do not mind buying some gems to support one of the best gaming companies out there.
    They even put THE SCHOOLHOUSE on sale for 88 gems.
    Players are able to earn gems by sending trains, some drops from pets, watching a video or from show ponies.
    I save my gems to buy the building boost for these events.
    If you have zero gems then 88 gems is going to cost you about FIVE DOLLARS.
    I don't think that is gouging.
    Heck I look at it as the price of a coffee and a donut.
    Support the game and the events.
    Thank you Storm8 staff for continuing to do events for us players and for the first time ever giving a pet for just turning in five collections.
    The star path, the pig in the locker and the library cat, etc were outstanding decor.
    Like wow hats off to the designers.

Judy climbs off the soap box.
    I whole heartedly agree with this. Well said, Judy and her cat.