View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

26 72.22%
  • I didn't like this event

4 11.11%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

5 13.89%
  • I didn't participate

0 0%
  • Magnetic Mouse

15 41.67%
  • Electric Elk

18 50.00%
  • Dusky

12 33.33%
  • Fairy Forest

26 72.22%
  • Stellar Steed

28 77.78%
  • Echidnebula

23 63.89%
  • Nebulark

15 41.67%
  • I didn't like the prizes

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Cosmic Kings - 2018 Aug 24 (POLL ADDED)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AppieP View Post
    Anyone else noticed that the TOP price for this LB is a super rare creature, and the Stellar Steed, one from the milestone 2nd last is a ultra rare. A mistake?
    They do this in DS too. Strange, you expect the last to be the best!

Executive Chef
    It's possible they're seeing if people spend as much on a non-equine animal as top prize, plus it gives people a chance to get a horse in the milestones that couldn't win a top prize horse before. I'm kind of surprised that people aren't more excited they get an ultra rare in an easier spot in the milestones

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    You need to hatch the animal.
    I wish the game makers would be more clear when writing these tasks. Task states ?earn the electric elks . . .? And the directions state ?reach milestone 4 . . .? Nothing says to hatch it and in previous events the goal was complete when you reached milestone 4. Wish S8 would let us know when they change the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    It's possible they're seeing if people spend as much on a non-equine animal as top prize, plus it gives people a chance to get a horse in the milestones that couldn't win a top prize horse before. I'm kind of surprised that people aren't more excited they get an ultra rare in an easier spot in the milestones
    I think it's more likely that maybe the player base is shifting to have fewer big spending players and they are shifting the target of the game to make sure it stays fun for a bigger pool of players. A form of difficulty rebalancing. If in recent LBs, only 1% of their player base can obtain the most interesting prizes, then they risk losing the interest of the 99% entirely. By putting great prizes within reach of the average player they might be testing whether this produces a better outcome in the end. For example, more people paying $10-20 in real money to hit this lower milestone. The big spenders can still duke it out for the top prizes, but evidence states they will probably do this whether or not the animal is a ultra rare or super rare so why make the game feel elitist and offend the other players? The global LB in DS proves that people will spend crazy amounts of money/resources just to get a decoration (the global LB has no special animal prizes).

I think this recent shift in approach is consistent with the rest of S8's games. In DS the recent World Event (Community Event), was reinvented to be much easier to complete, although there were more tasks to complete around your island. They also created an path way such that a bad luck run of breeding doesn't put you at a great disadvantage. I hope they take those lessons and apply the same sort of changes in FS too!

In Farm Story 2 they have a new Leaderboard that is almost a side event. It's running concurrently with another event and the prizes aren't so interesting that you feel you missed out if you end up in a very serious group.

Rhino Keeper
    Good points ZZGoldmine. I'm in agreement. Thrilled the last two animals are democratically reachable for everyone. Not just top two final spots. It does encourage you to play. And as far as world events go, I became disinterested when they made the milestones outrageously difficult to reach. I also enjoy the tournaments. You can opt out anytime you want. Storybooks are the only time you would have to play. And for me personally, the longer the tournament, the better chance I have of finishing. My Achilles heel, breeding for specific animals. I have a horrible time especially with rare animals. I never breed them. When I fail at storybooks it's because I can't breed an animal. And forget the trios. That's impossible.

So I'm a little annoyed right now. Waited till this specific time (when the boost goes on sale) to take my animals off the nests, feed some a bunch of food, and timed the evolution flower just right... Only to discover the boost I bought went from a two hour countdown to non existent.
    I wasted over 100,000 food and aaaaaaallllllll the points that go with that. Not impressed. I didn't even get the little loading icon or anything to show that the game had to load or something. This makes me very disappointed.
    Is there anything that can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBearsGirl View Post
    So I'm a little annoyed right now. Waited till this specific time (when the boost goes on sale) to take my animals off the nests, feed some a bunch of food, and timed the evolution flower just right... Only to discover the boost I bought went from a two hour countdown to non existent.
    I wasted over 100,000 food and aaaaaaallllllll the points that go with that. Not impressed. I didn't even get the little loading icon or anything to show that the game had to load or something. This makes me very disappointed.
    That happened to me too, except with the 1 hr boost. I quickly bought it again, and it took the gems again, but eventually those gems did return.

I also had almost 4000 points after hitting the 7th milestone prize, and it rolled back and I’m back to 3807. Basically, I ended up not earning any milestone prize at all. Infuriating. A couple hundred points may not be much, but it really does add up in the end.

But, I doubt that anything can or will be done about either of our conundrums.

Aw geez, that sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you too. It's not fair. I hope this doesn't happen often. :/

Aw geez, that sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you too. It's not fair. I hope this doesn't happen often. :/
    I’m sorry this happened to you too! Losing the bonus points for over 100,000 food is rough. Maybe if you submit a request they can at least reimburse the gems from the boost? If anything, I’ve now learned to check things before blindly completing actions!

Grand Emperor
    Sorry to hear that. Please contact Support: support form so an agent can check your game.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast