View Poll Results: Did you like this Event?/ Which items do you like?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this Event.

14 66.67%
  • I did not like this Event.

2 9.52%
  • I could not finish in Time

4 19.05%
  • Albino Peacock Dragon

14 66.67%
  • Dusky Lory Dragon

11 52.38%
  • Star Lorikeet Dragon

12 57.14%
  • Nest Tree

0 0%
  • Feather Fern

0 0%
  • Firapples

7 33.33%
  • Island Parts

2 9.52%
  • EggShell

0 0%
  • Raw Marble

2 9.52%
  • Wing Gate

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Grand Migration Dragon Tale : **NEW POLL ADDED**

I'm SO CLOSE. I have to raise them just one more level each, but I dont have enough food. And not enough coins to plant anymore diamondates! Wahhh...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Recipe1010 View Post
    I'm SO CLOSE. I have to raise them just one more level each, but I dont have enough food. And not enough coins to plant anymore diamondates! Wahhh...
    Meh... I know the feeling when Glasswing was first released as the grand prize in a Dragon Tales I was in the same boat. Not enough food, and low on coins as well. Just to make you feel a little better: a while later Glasswing was available as the extra prize dragon for a Dragon Tales, tradeable for the coin you get at the end. So perhaps you'll have to wait, but you'll probably get another chance to get the dragon. And remember they are just pixels, there are so many dragons in the game, what is one more or less?

I am now never short on food, sometimes I fail to finish a Dragon Tales because it's impossible for me to breed the necessary common dragon, but food is never the issue. I built my food supply to 2.6 million apples over the last one and a half year or so. Just keep collecting coins and planting crops and you'll soon won't have to worry about food again.
    My tips: make sure you collect enough coins, plant Diamondates overnight and when you can only get on every few hours, otherwise plant Rushrooms. During Community Events it might be worth it to plant the less efficient Scalypears instead, you'll lose out on food but gain more points.

Send your Magic dragon on the food quest if you don't already, every 6 hours you can collect from 125 to 5000(!) apples. 5000 is rare, but I usually get 500 to 800. And don't forget to mine for dragon and island parts, also a good way to collect apples.

Also, I see some people here mention that with the food requirements for Tales, they won't be able to feed different dragons. Yes, it's an issue. You have to feed 2 dragons you may not really fancy heaps of food to get the final dragon. But: I can still feed the dragons I want to. Most of my dragons stay at level 4 or 7. My Champs are all level 7 to 15. I have to pick which dragons I want to feed. I just got my first gold producing dragon (Gold Horizon) and spent 750k to level it up to 15, so I'm rebuilding my food supply. Set a limit for yourself, and don't go under it feeding dragons. So for you, to be safe for the next DT, set the limit at 350k. Once you're above, you can feed other dragons again. And you'll notice that slowly the limit you set can move up. You just have to be patient. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice!! I'll definitely do this.

I'm in no danger of rage-quitting or spending hard earned real money. I like these events even though they're just this side of impossible. It's the thrill of the chase!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-29-18 at 10:26 AM. Reason: removed third party app comments

Nightclub Owner

I'm in no danger of rage-quitting or spending hard earned real money. I like these events even though they're just this side of impossible. It's the thrill of the chase!
    To add to the advice: don't forget about Bingo. I'm not an avid Bingo participant (the only tickets I've got are from events not Bingo itself) but I only recently remembered you get 500 food for every card you finish which is super easy and non-invasive at the lower leagues.

I usually end up forgetting about it which is why I rarely get the 'good' prizes but I do get a good amount of 2x/5x boosts which I then use when I have a free hour to sit on my phone and plant Upgrapes quickly. I barely had enough food to feed the three event dragons (only had 100 food leftover) this time but I'm back up to 90,000 so I'm not too bad off.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-29-18 at 10:27 AM. Reason: edited quote

Fashion Designer

If you have the time, don't plant diamondates, plant upgrapes or rushrooms.

Per Farm math:

Upgrapes are 8,000/planting and the yield is 100.

Diamondates are 75,000 and the yield is 800. If you divide that by hourly, you spend 15,000 and get 160.

If you plant upgrapes twice, you get 200 for 16,000. You can plant 6 times and get 600 per hour.

If you don't have that much time, but more time than having to leave the game for 5 hours, plant rushrooms.

Rushrooms cost 26,000 and yield 300.

If you plant them 3 times, you spend 78,000 and the yield is 900. That's 3 hours of planting, you can plant 5 times and get 1500 if you have the money.

Now that I have a lot of coin, I plant upgrades, rushrooms and diamondates almost exclusively. Sometimes I plant buffbeets or impruberries for bingo but almost never fireapples or pumpwings (fireapples when Tales calls for it), Eliteleeks only during World event since hours of farming matter, and NEVER Scalypears.

I plant upgrapes most often, rushrooms when I'm busy at work, and diamondates overnight (except World Event).

When I use the boosts, I almost always plant rushrooms or upgrapes. With the 5X boost, upgrapes take 2 minutes to grow and about 20 sec to harvest/replant so I get 5 in about the same time as rushrooms, about 25 upgrapes (5 rushrooms) in the same time as diamondates

With the 10X boost, I usually plant rushrooms. They take 6 minutes with about 20 sec to harvest/replant. I get about 4 of them in the same time as diamondates. I have planted upgrapes before and the yield is still the best but the game tends to crash during the hour, which is frustrating and also I really have to pay attention to the game since I'm harvesting/replanting every minute.

Also, if you have gold and need food (or harvesting time for points for World Event), use the 10X boost, plant diamondates and you can harvest right away for one gold instead of 5 since the crop will be ready within the half hour.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-29-18 at 10:27 AM. Reason: edited quote

After 20 attempts ... right now Quetzal has left me green ... and now there are 22 hours left. of the event and I do not have time to finish it ....
    Lords of Storm8 .... !!!
    So they make it so difficult to get a common dragon in an event .... ??
    for not time to get it ... ???
    so you can not finish the event .. ??
    for what..??
    ah ..... I did not realize that you do not play ....
    that you do not care about all this .... !!!
    you just look at the GOLD .... !!!
    Golden **** ...
    **** to the Avaricious ... !!!

Fashion Designer
    This is good advice! I?m always wondering what to plant to stock up my food. Usually I just plant diamondates every 5 hours when I can. Usually I get up to 400,000 but when this and the last one wiped me out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    If you have the time, don't plant diamondates, plant upgrapes or rushrooms.

Per Farm math:

Upgrapes are 8,000/planting and the yield is 100.

Diamondates are 75,000 and the yield is 800. If you divide that by hourly, you spend 15,000 and get 160.

If you plant upgrapes twice, you get 200 for 16,000. You can plant 6 times and get 600 per hour.

If you don't have that much time, but more time than having to leave the game for 5 hours, plant rushrooms.

Rushrooms cost 26,000 and yield 300.

If you plant them 3 times, you spend 78,000 and the yield is 900. That's 3 hours of planting, you can plant 5 times and get 1500 if you have the money.

Now that I have a lot of coin, I plant upgrades, rushrooms and diamondates almost exclusively. Sometimes I plant buffbeets or impruberries for bingo but almost never fireapples or pumpwings (fireapples when Tales calls for it), Eliteleeks only during World event since hours of farming matter, and NEVER Scalypears.

I plant upgrapes most often, rushrooms when I'm busy at work, and diamondates overnight (except World Event).

When I use the boosts, I almost always plant rushrooms or upgrapes. With the 5X boost, upgrapes take 2 minutes to grow and about 20 sec to harvest/replant so I get 5 in about the same time as rushrooms, about 25 upgrapes (5 rushrooms) in the same time as diamondates

With the 10X boost, I usually plant rushrooms. They take 6 minutes with about 20 sec to harvest/replant. I get about 4 of them in the same time as diamondates. I have planted upgrapes before and the yield is still the best but the game tends to crash during the hour, which is frustrating and also I really have to pay attention to the game since I'm harvesting/replanting every minute.

Also, if you have gold and need food (or harvesting time for points for World Event), use the 10X boost, plant diamondates and you can harvest right away for one gold instead of 5 since the crop will be ready within the half hour.

Fashion Designer
    I've finally caught up! It's day 10 and I'm on Chapter 10 :P

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    Attachment 47015

Still working on the common dragon, waiting for Life dragon to be done...

On a random note: as I was harvesting, I happen to get a really interesting number...maybe that's a sign I'll get my common dragon soon? Although, I think it's a bad number in some other country...

Anyways, congrats to ppl who've gotten their common dragon~
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180830-100244.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	47024

Oh my lord bejesus...I finally got my common dragon. Had to spend about 25 -30 golds and speed boosts just to get this lil ducker. -_- And I started breeding it since chapter 1. Those Firegrass fails are sure a teaser.

Now I only have about maybe a day left to finish everything since I have work tomorrow...

BTW, What should I breed with Dusky Lory to get the least amount of breeding time?

Edit: And thank you, AnnirasSweets, finally got it, but it was extremely late -__-
    Last edited by DR0G0N; 08-30-18 at 07:39 AM.
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180830-100244.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	47024

Oh my lord bejesus...I finally got my common dragon. Had to spend about 25 -30 golds and speed boosts just to get this lil ducker. -_- And I started breeding it since chapter 1. Those Firegrass fails are sure a teaser.

Now I only have about maybe a day left to finish everything since I have work tomorrow...

BTW, What should I breed with Dusky Lory to get the least amount of breeding time?

Edit: And thank you, AnnirasSweets, finally got it, but it was extremely late -__-
    I used Air because the highest time would be Fireflower at 16 hrs. Luckily I got Firemane.