Thread: How old is Bakery Story?

How old is Bakery Story?

Hi there,
    I'm just trying to figure out when I first started playing this game. Is the start date for players stored somewhere? I think I've been playing since it came out, so can someone from storm8 tell me the year it was released on the app store?
    Thanks

Nightclub Owner
    While I'm not from s8, I'm pretty certain it was first released November 12 2010.

The Honorable Panda
    You can go back to your google play or iTunes account(under purchases) and scroll back to see when you first downloaded the game.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    While I'm not from s8, I'm pretty certain it was first released November 12 2010.
    I also thought that I have been laying since 2010 but when I talk to some of my long time neighbors they think that we started playing this game a year or two earlier, so I'm totally lost.

Farm Supplier
    Apple iTunes version history shows, 1.0 Nov 12, 2010
    Attachment 47799

Google Play Store shows, Released on Dec 22, 2010
    Attachment 47800

Recently found a topic on StackExchange (a site for developers to talk/share info) that was asking for websites to find release dates of apps and they mentioned these two.

ios, https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/ap...story/details/

android, https://www.appbrain.com/app/bakery-...va.bakerystory
    Last edited by mixxed; 10-10-18 at 05:15 PM. Reason: links

Rhino Keeper
    I found in wiki "Storm8 Inc. is a mobile social game developer founded in 2009 by former Zynga designer, Garrett J. Remes, as well as former Facebook engineers, including Perry Tam, William Siu, Chak Ming Li, and Laura Yip in Redwood Shores, California. Notable games include the Restaurant Story franchise, Dragon Story, Bubble Mania, Fantasy Forest Story, Castle Story and iMobsters.

In 2015 the company had more than 50 million monthly active users and more than 1 billion downloads on iOS and Android. The company also published games under the TeamLava, Shark Party and FireMocha brands, until it consolidated it under Storm8 Studios in March 2015.
    In June 2011, Storm8 was one of the first free-to-play mobile game publishers to announce that they earned $1 million in a single day. The following year, technology news site TechCrunch referred to Storm8 as the "quiet mobile gaming giant" for successfully building one of the biggest mobile social gaming networks without raising any venture capital funding, and remaining relatively quiet with the press.

In December 2012, the company celebrated 2 million game downloads in one day.

In 2014 the company appointed game industry veterans, adding Disney, EA and Zynga experience to its leadership team.

The company announced a deal with Hasbro Inc. in December 2014 to launch Monopoly Bingo! and Clue Bingo! on iOS and Android. But it's also same written on their official website, so around those times were created Bakery, Restaurant etc games

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Marischa764 View Post
    I found in wiki "Storm8 Inc. is a mobile social game developer founded in 2009 by former Zynga designer, Garrett J. Remes, ...

The company announced a deal with Hasbro Inc. in December 2014 to launch Monopoly Bingo! and Clue Bingo! on iOS and Android. But it's also same written on their official website, so around those times were created Bakery, Restaurant etc games
    That seems a bot confusing. I know I have neighbors that easily predate 2012, so the 2014 date must not refer Bakery or Restaurant Story. My original memory that it must have been around 8 years ago seems to be correct.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    That seems a bot confusing. I know I have neighbors that easily predate 2012, so the 2014 date must not refer Bakery or Restaurant Story. My original memory that it must have been around 8 years ago seems to be correct.
    no, you read attentive name of games, in 2014 means only bingo games, but bakery and restaurant sure were released much earlier

and i meant they created storm company in 2009 or so, and maybe in this year or year later they start to work on and release bakery and retsaurant, farm stories

It's hard to remember back that far, but I think I started Restaurant Story in Nov 2009 and Bakery Story in Dec 2010.

I remember when it wasn't Storm8 we would write too but Team Lava. Lots of good memories.