Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story: Holiday Suggestion Thread 2018

Banned
    sorry but why does it have to be a winter theme for Christmas? Year in and out we who live in the Southern Hemisphere have to put up with a winter theme but guess what, it’s SUMMER down under!

Why discriminate? Isn’t it our turn to have a turn at a summer theme!

Just a thought, feel free to shout my idea down!

As for the Halloween theme that everyone loved which I thought was earlier than 2015, that was when the game went pear shaped and all the glitches and gremlins appeared in the game, so unless there was a beta trial for this to iron out problems, then no!

Fashion Designer
    Marble key dragon or device

5-6-10 dragon habitats

Higher food producing options

Banned
    Fix the things we've been asking for, like faster crafting of Marble Keys, 4 and 5 dragon habitats, re-open the mine, etc. No sense in releasing a bunch of new dragons that we don't have room for.

Banned
    It's winter in the Southern Hemisphere but we have summer themes right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    It's winter in the Southern Hemisphere but we have summer themes right now.
    AND, your point being? What we don’t get is a Christmas Summer themed event it is always winter, don’t you think that’s a bit selfish!

Themes should not solely be based on the Northern Hemisphere!

We also celebrate Christmas in July so we can have a winter Christmas so why can’t you celebrate a Christmas in summer?

Nightclub Owner
    How about each holiday gets a specialized crop? What I'm thinking is something like this: We get a new 3-5 hour crop (no one has time to sit on the 10 min crop all day) that gives double the food and the crop is permanent but every holiday the look and name of the crop changes to reflect the season. It could rotate between seasonal names and looks or it could be holiday specific like a Ghost Apple for Halloween then Acorns for Fall or a Cranberry for Christmas. Just something to keep it entertaining and really draw our eye when we're planting food. We all spend so much time planting and harvesting but it's easily the least interesting aspect of game.

But really, the only thing I really want for Christmas is to be able to upgrade ALL habitats to hold 5 dragons. Sure, I've got a wishlist as long as my arm but I'd happily throw it out if only we got this one feature. Over the years there have been some GORGEOUS habitats that only hold three dragons. At the time, I thought nothing of this as three dragons was the norm, however with this land crisis three dragon habitats are a laugh. I don't want to sell the habitats I have, they're lovely and I paid gold for them, I'm not just tossing that away! But I would totally upgrade them to hold a few more dragons if I could. I know I'm not alone in this so really s8, every day you don't re-code the habitats is a day you're losing money, just sayin'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    AND, your point being? What we don’t get is a Christmas Summer themed event it is always winter, don’t you think that’s a bit selfish!

Themes should not solely be based on the Northern Hemisphere!

We also celebrate Christmas in July so we can have a winter Christmas so why can’t you celebrate a Christmas in summer?
    I don't have strong feelings on this, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that S8 makes their decisions based on where they have the most players. So if the majority are in the Northern Hemisphere, that is how they do the seasons/holidays.

That being said, they also tend to sometimes put things out for sale at odd times of year. Like, they just did Past, Present, and Future last month or in June or something.

Farm Supplier
    I love Christmas so I would be happy with a few christmas lights hanging around the island but because they never really change the background it would be nice for something different so I would love some snow but maybe they could do that on one half of the island to make it a winter wonderland and the other half a summer wonderland representing both north and south hemisphere christmas. But I think storm8 might be based in the the north and like Phoenix said a lot of the players are too so that is why they normally do winter themes which I don't think is selfish. AnnirasSweets I love the themed crop idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I don't have strong feelings on this, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that S8 makes their decisions based on where they have the most players. So if the majority are in the Northern Hemisphere, that is how they do the seasons/holidays.

That being said, they also tend to sometimes put things out for sale at odd times of year. Like, they just did Past, Present, and Future last month or in June or something.
    Exactly my point. Most of the players are in the Northern Hemisphere and Storm8 headquarters are in the Northern Hemisphere. There's nothing selfish about wanting a winter theme where the majority of the world's population are.

Rhino Keeper
    is not Winter Theme, is Holidays theme

World Event: End Of Year Break

1st Milestone: Checkout Clock (decoration 4hours = vacation points)
    2nd Milestone: Travel Bags (Decoration)
    3rd Milestone: Homework Dragon (Spooky, Black, Holiday , Super Rare dragon)
    Last milestone: Vacation Dragon (Holiday, Yellow, Blue, Ultra Rare )

There are 3 type of point "vacation" points:

untyped vacation (we get this except when breeding)
    winter vacation point if you breed a Winter dragon
    summer vacation point if you breed a Summer Holiday dragon (Common, 12 hrs, Pink+Yellow)

The Community prizes are

1st Prize Marble Keys (because you must lock your house before travel )
    2nd Prize Golden Tickets (PLANE tickets )
    3rd Prize none BUT at the end of the event:

Winter Points > Summer points We get a Winter theme dragon (some related to Mountains )
    Winter Points < Summer points We get a Summer theme dragon (some related to Beachs)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast