Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/16: The Scholar's Wedding | *info on goals on page 1*

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I agree, I am enjoying the dialogue for the first time in ages. I?m also glad they brought back the chests as a separate goal. I thought the fish bubbles were fabulous, Wedding Planters not so much. But if I can find space I?d like a Thomas and Agnes wedding area. Failing that I suspect it?s going to combine with my already existing Valentines / Wedding area. I?m doing a few other things like making tons of syrup from the excess sap, earth wisps to them make Wisp lanterns to them make the enchanted ones. Then trade tickets with excess eggs. Or Belladonna trade for the excess glimmerdust.
    I agree that the dialogue is great but the formula is old and boring. I am sadly maxed on syrup, wisps and wisp lanterns. I have gotten rid of all of the wisp lanterns that I can but with the new expansions needing enchanted lanterns, I am stuck. I have the materials but my workshops are busy making items for this event. I can make beams but only in my tinker camp so that slows me down. I try to keep making things that require water too but eventually I max out on those. I don?t want event formulas that they follow. We didn?t used to have event formulas and I looked forward to every new timed event. I want to get back to that. And where?s the story line for the third evil witch sister of Griselda? I also miss that community events used to have great new buildings and deco as reward. While I am glad it?s not only crowns and energy crates this go round, I am not that impressed by the revamped wedding wall in blue instead of pink. And to buy additional walls and towers, the price is extortionate.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    I average 1 gift per tree.
    Very rare occasions, would get 2.
    I'm lucky to get 1 gift for every 2 trees.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I agree that the dialogue is great but the formula is old and boring. I am sadly maxed on syrup, wisps and wisp lanterns. I have gotten rid of all of the wisp lanterns that I can but with the new expansions needing enchanted lanterns, I am stuck. I have the ymaterials but my workshops are busy making items for this event. I can make beams but only in my tinker camp so that slows me down. I try to keep making things that require water too but eventually I max out on those. I don?t want event formulas that they follow. We didn?t used to have event formulas and I looked forward to every new timed event. I want to get back to that. And where?s the story line for the third evil witch sister of Griselda? I also miss that community events used to have great new buildings and deco as reward. While I am glad it?s not only crowns and energy crates this go round, I am not that impressed by the revamped wedding wall in blue instead of pink. And to buy additional walls and towers, the price is extortionate.
    Wow you've already given your lanterns to all expansions! That's great. I still have 1 area that needs about 40. Honestly my lantern production is higher priority than event items, especially when I know I'm going to be away from the game for a while. I try not to get to far behind on the upgrades though.
    And I've made a few of the enchanted lanterns.
    Thank heavens for quick collect on those trees. That chop chop chop gets maddening.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I'm lucky to get 1 gift for every 2 trees.
    I?m averaging about 1 per tree. 2 if I?m lucky. And the payout from the 2 gift registries I?ve done so far is not worth using a golden egg. It?s reminiscent of the recent event where we had to get seeds and would get one glimmer dust for the first few adventures. At least I?m hoping I?m not wasting golden eggs on this.

Farm Supplier
    I had the strangest game reset. Last night about 11:20pm I collected from Ivy and started a recipe for the required rings in the workshop. This morning about 8am I check into the game and Ivy was ready to be collected again and there were no rings being made in the workshop. Grrr! So I collected and made the rings again.

About 11am I checked in my game again. Ivy was going to be ready in 20 minutes. I paid the one gem to speed her up and made the ring recipe again. It’s like the reset this morning was reset to what I had done last night. It was so weird! But I’m very happy I’m not 12 hours behind any more. (And yes I almost always force close when I exit the game, and I know I did so last night.)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBubbles View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the rsvps? I have been at 9/10 for 15 hours. I have been playing for nearly 6 years, I have nearly 500 neighbors, lots of active, accepted a trillion requests, it?s like they haven?t got through. I sent out some more. Force closed lots of times. I know it only gives you a few bouquets, but every one counts. So frustrating.
    I have been stuck at 3/10 and have tried everything to reset without luck. This happened to me during the last community event and it took until the next day to reset. It is VERY frustrating!

Update: I verified with several of my neighbors that they did NOT receive my request today.
    Last edited by FlowerBurst; 08-19-18 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Update

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lmirul View Post
    Hello, where can I find the add me thread to find more active neighbors? After going through my neighbors list, it was kinda sad to remove so many players that have quit their kingdoms. Thanks for any help =)
    you can add me. I play everyday but do not visit very often.
    S8 please remove cap on level

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I agree that the dialogue is great but the formula is old and boring. I am sadly maxed on syrup, wisps and wisp lanterns. I have gotten rid of all of the wisp lanterns that I can but with the new expansions needing enchanted lanterns, I am stuck. I have the materials but my workshops are busy making items for this event. I can make beams but only in my tinker camp so that slows me down. I try to keep making things that require water too but eventually I max out on those. I don?t want event formulas that they follow. We didn?t used to have event formulas and I looked forward to every new timed event. I want to get back to that. And where?s the story line for the third evil witch sister of Griselda? I also miss that community events used to have great new buildings and deco as reward. While I am glad it?s not only crowns and energy crates this go round, I am not that impressed by the revamped wedding wall in blue instead of pink. And to buy additional walls and towers, the price is extortionate.
    Agreed!
    I’m so tired of cookie cutter events where we end up making the same thing over and over again. 2,3,4,5,8...Yawn. And to add insult, all the materials required are new, temporary drops. Why can’t we use some of the materials we have rotting away in inventory? We have a multitude of resources that are never even used.....like you, I am maxed on all things petal, and water, and even basic crops. It would be wonderful to use some of those things. It would make collecting fun again. (Or, if not fun, at least we’d have a reason to collect from all the prizes we’ve won over the years.)

The treasure chests are a nice addition (providing the request system is working properly), but it would be even better if they randomly dropped something other than a few bouquets and the extremely rare goat and flower deco (really, we could craft those instead of dozens of veils and rings...sigh). How about a random drop of a material we need to upgrade? (lace, ring, blue sapphires, etc. or even an already completed upgrade item!) And the occasional wall, tower, or even tree to chop. I would think that adding the chance of those things would increase the sale of gems for extra chests. I know I’d be more tempted to buy a few.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by maiden85 View Post
    I had the strangest game reset. Last night about 11:20pm I collected from Ivy and started a recipe for the required rings in the workshop. This morning about 8am I check into the game and Ivy was ready to be collected again and there were no rings being made in the workshop. Grrr! So I collected and made the rings again.

About 11am I checked in my game again. Ivy was going to be ready in 20 minutes. I paid the one gem to speed her up and made the ring recipe again. It’s like the reset this morning was reset to what I had done last night. It was so weird! But I’m very happy I’m not 12 hours behind any more. (And yes I almost always force close when I exit the game, and I know I did so last night.)
    I have been getting a lot of resets as well. I know lots of players have trouble with them, but I usually don’t. And I also always force close when leaving the game. I find I’m getting a reset almost every time I finish chopping a galaxy tree. And of course, any 2nd gifts that had dropped are gone, and they don’t drop again when I chop the tree again.

I’m glad your reset worked out well this time!

Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Same as it ever was..... same as it ever was....same as it ever was......same as it ever was

And you may find yourself visiting Ivy's grass hut
    And you may ask yourself, do these number combinations look familiar?

Letting the days go by, let the energy drop down
    Letting the days go by, while I'm chopping all around
    Into the gems again after the energy's gone
    Once in a lifetime, gems and energy are done
    Too funny! Between this, the coffin gifts, and Agnes needing a ring for every finger, toe and ear while being completely covered in veils, once again the forum is the most entertaining part of the event.