Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Castle Story 8/16: The Scholar's Wedding | *info on goals on page 1*

What’s the wedding circle dropping after the event? Anything interesting? Mine is in the cellar. Wondering if I should bring it back.

Rhino Keeper

My Informal Survey:

- There was lots of event info on the pop-ups at the start. I appreciate being informed. There were many instances in past events where I didn't know what I was even working towards, but letting us know in the beginning made me excited to participate since I knew what the prize would be. I also realized that as an Android user there may be instances where I can't see additional info. Thank you to the forum users who help the rest of us out and post it!
    - Story line. I like having additional story line to help fluff out the dry spell (or long wait times) of the main story line. This event feels somewhat fulfilling after exchanging so many 2-day letters, that Thomas and Agnes can meet up and get married. (Although Agnes should have proposed and gotten Thomas' consent to marry in advance instead of getting started on wedding preparations and springing it on him. That felt emotionally manipulative.)
    • A side note: I feel a bit ambiguous on this because, although I like it, when it's introduced as a timed event, a lot of future players will miss out on it. I think Ivy has a prince? I wasn't a player at the time, so I am missing this bit of "story." But that's OK since it doesn't seem part of the CENTRAL main story. Agnes is a huge part in Thomas' role in Castle Story, so I feel bad for future players who aren't participating in this timed event. Maybe she can be included in the future for an amount of Crowns in the Town Square.
    - Ivy's Hut, Skunk spawns, and sometimes Sparkling Mine is usually what holds up my upgrading, but this time, the Skunk spawns were really good. I was still working on level 4 and basically finished gathering all the Blue Ribbons I needed. It was just really nice to have one less area to struggle with.
    - Because it is a regular-formula event, no new bugs!

Dislikes
    - For the second day, I got 19/20 responses from my neighbor? I kept checking and force closing down to the last minute, but it expired and when I opened the app again, the feed showed the 20th neighbor responded "5 minutes ago" which would have been within the time limit. But of course it didn't register until after the task expired. A bit later, when I was getting responses from neighbors, my feed showed me "6 minutes ago" but the added Invitation wasn't at the front of my Inventory - it was pages behind items that I had collected for way longer than 6 minutes. At this point, I'm pretty sure the delayed responses are intentional, and it's quite frustrating. Real-time would be fair, all this waiting around for the game to belatedly register requests is not. I know the Chests are optional, but I would rather fewer Chests be offered fairly than more Chests offered unfairly. It's like those games at the faire that are rigged so that it's almost impossible to win. We players are only given the illusion that if we follow the instructions, we can win. In reality, there is no certain way to achieve these Chests, it's basically random, or you have "to know how to play" to win. It feels too much like a scam for me to really enjoy these Chest rewards.
    - That thing where you collect an event item with 1-2 Energy, but the game resets and makes you spend more Energy to get it? I encountered this too many times. When I finished the event, the game suddenly became more playable and I had less resets. Sigh.
    - First Wedding Gift and Second Wedding Gift could have been confusing. I think they should have noticeably different colors (pink/purple like the Gem tree?) or one of the shapes should have been different, like a cube.

Others
    - Prize: Crowns! It's kind of weird to me that some events reward Crowns and some don't. Given the 4 recent 500-Crown citizens, I hope there are more ways to obtain Crowns so players (especially those collector types and for future players to be able to enjoy having more citizens) can purchase them all. Not that I condone human/faerie trafficking.
    - Planning: With this familiar structure, it was simple to plan out how I did things. I crafted the event items when I could so I wouldn't be in a hurry late in the event. All the event items had a max of 999, so I didn't have to worry about wasting Energy without getting returns.
    - Difficulty level: Sufficiently challenged. It was not easy to complete, but it felt doable.
    - Overall: Slightly satisfied. I encountered problems that made it frustrating for me, but I at least still felt like I could finish the event.
    • I appreciate Ivy's Hut being a guaranteed item drop, but the inclusion of it always makes higher requirement players finish whole days later than lower requirement players. I don't begrudge them having lower requirements and I agree that it's fair since they have fewer resources, but I wish the difference can come from something else so that most players finish around the same time (some will speed through it, of course, but they would be in the minority). Even if I logically knew why it's so, it made me feel anxious and behind to see so many community members with already finished Wedding Circles while I still had a ways to go. If not for "syncing the game with the servers" I would have stopped visiting for the duration of the event and been blissfully unaware.
    • One more note: I know the Chest tasks are optional, but I don't like feeling gypped. Some players are able to get the event item with just a few Chests, and others spend Gems to open 10, 15, 20 of them and are unable to get it. This is supremely unfair. There should at least be a max on Chests to receive the event item, for example every 20th one, you're guaranteed an Ornery Goat, because it's seriously not fair that it's unobtainable for some players even though they expend more money, Gems, or effort. How do collectors even deal with this, geez.
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    What’s the wedding circle dropping after the event? Anything interesting? Mine is in the cellar. Wondering if I should bring it back.
    Was wondering the same thing

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Was wondering the same thing
    I've only gotten 700 coins and 1 xp, no other drops. Storage is about to get another item me thinks.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've only gotten 700 coins and 1 xp, no other drops. Storage is about to get another item me thinks.
    Mine went in to storage after the first collection.

Executive Chef
    700 coins, same as the Toy Shoppe.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Mine went in to storage after the first collection.
    Mine too. I just came here to check and make sure it is indeed useless. I don’t even like it as deco....wish we could remove that telescope from the center.

I realize that telescopes are Agnes and OT’s thing, but I’m pretty sure they weren’t really thrilled to have a giant one between them as they said their vows.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839