View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like? Do you want side goals to return?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this event

21 63.64%
  • I didn't like this event

5 15.15%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

3 9.09%
  • I didn't participate

1 3.03%
  • Lupus

18 54.55%
  • Draco

21 63.64%
  • Cygnus

18 54.55%
  • Star Flowers

4 12.12%
  • Twinkling Tapestry

2 6.06%
  • I didn't like the prizes

5 15.15%
  • I want the side goals to return

21 63.64%
  • I don't want the side goals to return

2 6.06%
  • I am fine either way

7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: STORYBOOK: Starwalker - 2018 Aug 14 (POLL ADDED)

Hi! I have a problem with this storybook. I play with two friends, we just completed this storybook but two of us instead of a Cygnus got a kind of horse with wings. The name and description are the same, but the image is different. Can anyone explain me why? Thank you

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    The issue lies with s8 not giving the breed combo, not those of us that guessed because we started an event essentially blind...
    Breeding combo information should be included by default in every animal description. That way there is no confusion - when the animal is available in the store, you have the info right there to know how to breed it. Every animal should have listed either "Breed X Element and X Element" or "Not Available Through Breeding" - and this information should be regularly updated whenever animals are brought back.

The fact that Storm8 does not do this implies either that their quality control is lacking or that they are intentionally withholding information from players in order to promote gem sales - or both. Either way, it reflects poorly on the company.

Also, animal rarity levels should actually mean something, and that information should be available somewhere - in the game FAQ, or SOMEWHERE. For example, "Common: Odds for breeding animal are approximately 1/x. Rare: Odds for breeding animal are approximately 1/xx." Etc. But again, by withholding this information, the game makers can manipulate the odds behind the scenes without accountability, making the chances of breeding a common much lower during the event for which it's needed, and returning them to their regular setting when the event is over - or not if they forget, because we really have no way of knowing, and it seems like they forget a lot of things.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    Breeding combo information should be included by default in every animal description. That way there is no confusion - when the animal is available in the store, you have the info right there to know how to breed it. Every animal should have listed either "Breed X Element and X Element" or "Not Available Through Breeding" - and this information should be regularly updated whenever animals are brought back.

The fact that Storm8 does not do this implies either that their quality control is lacking or that they are intentionally withholding information from players in order to promote gem sales - or both. Either way, it reflects poorly on the company.

Also, animal rarity levels should actually mean something, and that information should be available somewhere - in the game FAQ, or SOMEWHERE. For example, "Common: Odds for breeding animal are approximately 1/x. Rare: Odds for breeding animal are approximately 1/xx." Etc. But again, by withholding this information, the game makers can manipulate the odds behind the scenes without accountability, making the chances of breeding a common much lower during the event for which it's needed, and returning them to their regular setting when the event is over - or not if they forget, because we really have no way of knowing, and it seems like they forget a lot of things.
    I agree completely. Common animals should not become extremely hard to breed at anytime. The odds should stay the same. The fact that they are difficult when they are needed during an event means that it's just another way for S8 to get us to buy and use gems. When Blazelisk was first introduced in the shop all any of us saw was space and fire. I got blazelisk by breeding plutopus and pyro. When I bred it there weren't any threads in the forum covering SB or blazelisk and all my info came from what I saw in the shop. I have no idea what is meant by an "improper hint text" is but if anyone is at fault for this mess up it's S8.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra_18 View Post
    Hi! I have a problem with this storybook. I play with two friends, we just completed this storybook but two of us instead of a Cygnus got a kind of horse with wings. The name and description are the same, but the image is different. Can anyone explain me why? Thank you
    Cygnus is a swan, but temporarily had the incorrect art. If they had already cached the image, they'll need to reinstall to download the updated art.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post

I totally agree. It's interesting that you mention quality control as I just made a post where I used the terms "quality assurance" and "quality improvement."

Grand Emperor
    1. Did you like this event?
    2. Which prizes did you like?
    3. Do you want the side goals to return?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation!

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Example of goals referred to in Question 3.
    A Sorcerer in the Sands
    -Hatch a Sekhmet
    -Hatch a Set
    -Breed A Sekhmet + Set
    Reward: Dumbledog

A Magical Gift
    Hatch a Dumbledog
    Reward: 24 Realm Runes

I have time for 1 more battle to try to win level 30. Been on it over 24 hours. If I don't complete story book, I will stop playing soon. It's the only event that I can win in. So disappointed.
    Latoyab211

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Latoyab211 View Post
    I have time for 1 more battle to try to win level 30. Been on it over 24 hours. If I don't complete story book, I will stop playing soon. It's the only event that I can win in. So disappointed.
    Use fire! I hope you get it!

Rhino Keeper
    Please, S8, stop linking tournaments to the Storybooks. I don't want to be forced to do a tournament to complete a Storybook. Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345