Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~ Winter Holiday time in the Glimmerwoods! ~~

Executive Chef
    I suggested this a few years ago, but it would really be nice to see something related to Chanukah. We could grow potatoes and make latkes and applesauce in the kitchens, make menorahs in the forge and candles in the workshop (goal would be eight candles), and maybe play dreidel games. And chocolate gelt (coins)! This would work perfectly for eight days of goals.

Because not everyone celebrates Christmas .

Fashion Designer
    Would love a rune exchange booth or a rune trade added to the Royal Exchange.

Something like exchange 300 bronze and 50 silver runes for 1 gold rune.

Rhino Keeper
    ?Halloween ideas:
    Deco
    Teepeed trees or building, apple bobbing deco, black and orange ballon or ballon arch, witches, spiders, a building reminiscent of the glimmer bat habitat.
    Event ideas
    A build your own frankenstein.
    A zombie attack.
    Something with werewolves.

?Thanksgiving ideas:
    Deco
    An animated fireplace with a decorated mantle that has multi-drops (wood, living wood, sap, those berries we get from acre trees).
    A lake like pond surrounded by fallen leaves and fall colored trees.
    Event ideas:
    A pilgrim turkey hunt.
    A horn of plenty/cornucopia we build ourselves by planting crops (cranberries, special corn, potatoes) or hunting/searching for needed items that has food drops of chocolate, sweet feast, spicy feast, multiple drops of corn and tomatoes, hot peppers, cabbages.

?Christmas ideas:
    Like AnnirasSweets posted, something gingerbread related for either event or decoration .
    Deco
    Snowman walker that hops around trailing snow, a flying Santa-sled-reindeer walker, trees with animated blinking lights, animated snow globe.
    Event ideas:
    Maybe an elf workshop helping Santa pack his sled.
    Decorating a huge 2x2 or 3x3 Christmas tree having to make/find/collect decorations that are used to upgrade.
    Another daily gift from storm8 reminiscent of the glimmer pearl event only our daily gift is a stuffed stocking that you chop once like a rainbow pot that drops random themed decorations or items needed for the event.
    A prettily wrapped present that we buy for 15-20 gems also acting like a rainbow pot that drops everything the rainbow pot does.

Executive Chef
    There?s a lot of great suggestions floating around so I won?t add to the mix, but what I will say is that the ?Christmas? celebrations should NOT be related to Christmas or Santa! This is an international game and going with a Christmas theme will isolate a large player demographic. It should be a winter celebration done Glimmerwoods style. Presents are a must to tie in the Christmas theme. Random drops that have been employed in previous years in relation to gifts should be avoided. It should be that players are rewarded for their efforts.

Also Castle Story?s birthday is soon approaching so don?t forget about this Storm8.

(Also for Halloween I?d love a spider walker similar to our Crab walker )

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    Would love a rune exchange booth or a rune trade added to the Royal Exchange.

Something like exchange 300 bronze and 50 silver runes for 1 gold rune.
    Inwould love a rune exchange: bronze for silver.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Rhino Keeper
    Since we have gotten more expansion plots that require a lot of expansion permits it would be great to have more things that randomly drop expansion permits....like the white flyger/direwolf....maybe one per season (halloween, thanksgiving, xmas).

halloween....love zombies

thanksgiving or xmas it would be cool to have like a wishing fountain that is similar to barons tent but instead of only offering one thing per day let it off 6 items out of how evermany the more the better but let us choose from the different things to add to our kingdoms...everyone has different tastes so instead of filling our inventory with useless stuff we will use most of the items we choose and how many. \\

somekind of building that lets us sell unfinished or unwanted stuff...i have buildings half finished and a ton of deco i never use or will want to..let us trade or sell for thnaksgiving....or have a building that lets us buy the stuff we need to finish the unfinished items. there are things i tried to hard to finish but time ran out so it doesnt drop what it could drop if it were finished.

you could add boosts for building we need to tap for an animal to spawn or drop something we need for timed quests...we have to gem speed but i guess that wont happen so they get more money from us to finish an event...nm

love the town square hope a lot more quests are town square related so we have as much time as we need to finish them. i like timed quests but its such a dissapointment when we try so hard to finish but just run out of time...games are supposed to be fun and happy and everyone should have a chance to get prizes so maybe merry xmas no more leaderboards

love the new trees like heart trees and bule ones and silvery ones so holiday themed ones would be welcome but let us store unless we already started chopping.

always holiday themed alis and nagas.

more original items in barons tent instead of the same 4-6 things every month no one wants...unless they are always alis and nagas

more food dropping buildings..actual food not single crops. (thanksgiving/xmas)

tons more great ideas but most likely will never happen...if i knew how to make a game like this i totally would do all the stuff i read on forums as much as i could....there are wasted tabs in inventory and non trashable items we all would like to get rid of...why keep in and clutter when you can get rid of and improve? anyways do love some of the new stuff like i said town square/crowns, more monster hunts when i first started playing it was a year or 2 before i ever saw a monster hunt...its more fun then when i started playing just disappointing sometimes with unfinished stuff when i worked so hard and to just miss the mark is gut wrenching but i keep playing daily a lot through out the day.

Rhino Keeper
    the main thing i would love to see is the big pretty "splendid christmas tree" re-released.
    the witch's cauldron and although not a christmas or the other holidays listed item, a great S8 Christmas day surprise would be to make the Love Shack available for gems for those that have been asking for it for years.

Rhino Keeper
    Black Friday: Discount on the Cabbage Hut
    Love the idea of a ?Gold Mine? for Trade Tickets and Expansion Permits.
    Something that drops Chocolate and any related items.
    A trade for all the Elven stuff we can do in the Reliquary.
    We should be able to have a second Royal Exchange.

That?s all I can think of at the moment.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I will say is that the ?Christmas? celebrations should NOT be related to Christmas or Santa! This is an international game and going with a Christmas theme will isolate a large player demographic. It should be a winter celebration done Glimmerwoods style.
    How about an annual Glimmerwood Winter Festival?
    Activities: Sleigh rides with another great horse, snow forts and snowball fights, making snow angels, crafting paper snowflakes with our magic scissors, sledding down hills, bonfires, ice skating, skiing, dog sledding, ice sculpture, snow shoeing, ice fishing, perhaps a relay race or obstacle course event with several of these..., caroling to bring good cheer could be a neighbor request, knitting winter scarves and mittens.
    Food: baking all sorts of treats: glimmer cookies, fruit cakes, wassail, eggnog, Yule logs, pies, roasted meats, gravy, hot toddies, short bread
    Animals: snowshoe rabbit (would make a cute walker hopping about the kingdom), white stag, white wolf, ermine, ptarmigan, white boar, personal pet like a dog or cat started as a puppy or kitten
    Buildings: Ice castle, snow fort, outhouse (we have a winter outhouse race here locally, hilarious, they put them on skids and push them down the street), woodshed, candy store or sweet shoppe

Rhino Keeper
    Would love to have a building like the Love Shack so we could make Alicorns, dragons, peacocks.
    A building or an adventure that allows us to work on trade tickets and expansion permits that is not as slow as the Exchange.
    More ways to earn crowns for use in the Town Square.
    More untimed events and timed events that can be completed by all levels.
    A better organized inventory and a way to sell or use all the past materials in our inventories that are getting very dusty.

All of the above can be in any holiday theme and maybe change the green grass to snow in our kingdom so we can have a Winter Wonderland.

Am ready for the holidays! Hi, Spiritwind - So glad to have my kingdom back!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast