Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Winter Holiday time in the Glimmerwoods! ~~

Big Christmas Idea

Seeing as the holidays around Christmas for everyone is typically one of the larger celebrations, I have a rather gigantic idea.

Dream Land:
    A secondary mirror land where all items you have are available, but none do anything but look pretty and decorative. I have hundreds of items in inventory that I neither have room nor use for.

Every holiday, I really want to decorate or spend oodles of time selecting the perfect placement for my holiday and seasonal items, but don?t, because I need the room for the latest quest or ordinary play. My kingdom is for the utility of having three libraries or six cottages available at all times, but no paths or old quest items.

You, as developers, spent so much time making trees and snowmen and banners and trophies, and I?ve spent time and money earning and buying them. They?re gorgeous, usually, but after the quest, the majority of items no longer have use on my board ever again.

Imagine a dream land, that mirrors the expansions and space available on the regular kingdom, but with paths and arches and every Halloween building I?ve got with creepy statues and animated flames and pets. A wintery Christmas playground where my 60 elves can finally see the light of day! Next to my gorgeous winter fountains and statues! And when Easter rolls around again, my dream kingdom can explode with the dozens of flowers and Easter eggs I?ve got tucked away.

Then imagine monthly kingdom contests for gorgeously decorated kingdoms!

All that joy part aside, I would certainly be more inclined to spend gems on decorations in bulk, because I?m the kind of player that thinks six bouquets lining a path is far prettier than one. I?d also have a lot of space to seasonally decorate, and would have to purchase more to fill it.

This could be available year round, and cost like 500 or 1000 gems to activate. So ya.. that?s my big wish for Christmas and thanks for asking!! 🤪😊

Rhino Keeper
    ✨🌟💫✨⭐️✨💡✨⭐️✨💫🌟✨
    Is there any way to take away all the arrows and small watering cans..? Could they glow instead when it?s time to collect? Or be more greyed out / or have a cloud over when it?s not possible to collect, so I don?t have to see so much arrows all the time..? 🙈😂😂😘😘

Or just a tiny starlikedot hovering over each item when it?s possible to collect? Can just do on animals and plants? ... or that they glow when it?s collection time - are grey/ foggy when you cannot collect yet and have to wait...???

✨💫🌟✨⭐️🍃🌸🍃⭐️✨🌟💫✨

Rhino Keeper
    I would really like to be able to choose whether my walkers are moving all the time or put them stationary sometimes. With the ability to switch to either as I choose. After all, no one in real life wanders aimlessly 24/7

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to see some skins for the buildings that can easily come on and off. So you could have a Christmas skin that you put on at Christmas and then take it off and not have to rebuild the whole building. A few years ago you had a 8 days of Christmas event. It was very fun every day having new items. Like a Partridge in a pear tree and eight maids a milking. Hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies. No chopping please!

Would love to see a Halloween event and/or autumnal one. I love that time of year :-)

That sounds a great idea! Be lovely to see the whole map in a theme! I also loved the Valentine one a few years ago too. But that's for next year :-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    There?s a lot of great suggestions floating around so I won?t add to the mix, but what I will say is that the ?Christmas? celebrations should NOT be related to Christmas or Santa! This is an international game and going with a Christmas theme will isolate a large player demographic. It should be a winter celebration done Glimmerwoods style. Presents are a must to tie in the Christmas theme. Random drops that have been employed in previous years in relation to gifts should be avoided. It should be that players are rewarded for their efforts.

Also Castle Story?s birthday is soon approaching so don?t forget about this Storm8.

(Also for Halloween I?d love a spider walker similar to our Crab walker )
    In the past years S8 have flip flopped between just winter events and then Christmas events. I think it?s a nice mixup to be able to include both. We have had several years where it is just winter and not Christmas. I personally love having Christmas related events and items. Even though I am not a Christian, I do celebrate Christmas. I would also be cool with celebrating other religious holidays like Hanukkah and Chinese New Year. After all we do Easter every year and no one complains about it being a Christian holiday. I would also love to have a thanksgiving event again with a feast table. I love my feast table and want another one.

Executive Chef
    I would love to see Passover recognized! The kingdom can provide just about everything needed for the Seder table already.

Rhino Keeper
    Twenty-Five Days of Christmas. Build and decorate the Town Square's Grand Christmas Tree. Each day, much like the neighbor requests to earn chests, players earn a present or ornament added to the tree(one per day). Those presents/or ornaments cannot be opened/collected until Dec 25! At least 1 or two of the gifts would be a decent player appreciation gift.

Bring back the hot chocolate