View Poll Results: Did you like this Event?/ Which items do you like?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this Event

22 78.57%
  • I did not like this Event

4 14.29%
  • I could not finish in time

3 10.71%
  • Great bird

4 14.29%
  • Sky Flier

5 17.86%
  • Oriole Dragon

18 64.29%
  • Secretary Dragon

18 64.29%
  • Essence

19 67.86%
  • Marble Keys

19 67.86%
  • Adventure Tickets

22 78.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Summer Hatching Community Event -**NEW POLL ADDED**

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    It drives me nuts that they call them "speckle" eggs instead of speckled. Do you eat devil eggs or deviled eggs? ��
    The eggs are from the blue throated speckle bird. It lives in the Himalayas and eats nuts and chocolate cake.

Rhino Keeper
    To be honest, I find this world event a bit easier than the previous ones. At least we are breeding for a common, not a super rare with black element like last world event, which I couldn't complete. And the speckle(d) eggs are accumulating nicely.

NOTE: This is NOT an encouragement to make the next world event more challenging

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    Unless I'm calculating wrong...crafting is going to take a few days to accumulate enough platinum coins, if you don't want to use boosts to speed up collecting.
    It's a shame S8 doesn't make it easier for players to collect speckled eggs. Concept wise having pheasant to quest may be good but if it takes 5 days to get that common dragon, well the 6000 points for 1st dragon is impossible.

Players have been moaning for months about so much going on with back to back games and needing to spend so much time playing to try to finish each one and many times failing and so what does S8 do?? Piles on more complications.
    Granted I have two dens going, I almost have enough now. You can get the Caretaker Platinums both from collection and crafting. When I looked yesterday, I had about 124 Caretaker Gold and 95 Caretaker Platinum collected, so I crafted 3 Gems. I then spent some time using the coppers and silvers to craft the Caretaker Platinum while waiting to also collect more. Once I have enough Platinums, I went back to crafting Gems. So, after hitting the first milestone, I had 5 Gems and as of an hour ago, I have 11 Gems. I should have enough Gems by this evening and be able to craft the dragon this evening or overnight and have the dragon tomorrow.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rosym47 View Post
    The eggs are from the blue throated speckle bird. It lives in the Himalayas and eats nuts and chocolate cake.
    Of course!

Rhino Keeper
    I happen to like the changes they made to this event and I like that we are able to craft the needed dragon just in case we can't breed it. In the first two days I have almost enough points to unlock the community prizes on main account and I should be able to finish with no problem. Even my baby account has over 3000 points already. Good job S8!! My only issue is that there is too much stuff going on in the spell shop and I can't craft marble keys for the second event in a row

Marble key crafting time has got to decrease if u are gonna have so much going on in the spell shop.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcat5 View Post
    I happen to like the changes they made to this event and I like that we are able to craft the needed dragon just in case we can't breed it. In the first two days I have almost enough points to unlock the community prizes on main account and I should be able to finish with no problem. Even my baby account has over 3000 points already. Good job S8!! My only issue is that there is too much stuff going on in the spell shop and I can't craft marble keys for the second event in a row

Marble key crafting time has got to decrease if u are gonna have so much going on in the spell shop.
    Now that I've played through the event for a few days, I can see that the changes do seem to be advantageous for us. I still think they should've added the new options slowly, over several events instead of all at once with little to no explanation. I'm not even completely sure what the Event Quests even offer and whether or not they're worth the effort.

There's all these new options in the Spell Shop but again, no good explanations; they haven't even labeled the boosts you can craft as 2x boosts. Players were unaware of what they're trading their Essence for, most thought they would be 10x for the 500 Essence and were disappointed with the 2x boosts they received. As always, s8 crams too much in; going for quantity over quality. Perhaps in the next event, they can label things better and maybe have more crafts that could be made with the Caretaker Coins/Gems. Once you've got the Common dragon there's really no point in them.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Now that I've played through the event for a few days, I can see that the changes do seem to be advantageous for us. I still think they should've added the new options slowly, over several events instead of all at once with little to no explanation. I'm not even completely sure what the Event Quests even offer and whether or not they're worth the effort.

There's all these new options in the Spell Shop but again, no good explanations; they haven't even labeled the boosts you can craft as 2x boosts. Players were unaware of what they're trading their Essence for, most thought they would be 10x for the 500 Essence and were disappointed with the 2x boosts they received. As always, s8 crams too much in; going for quantity over quality. Perhaps in the next event, they can label things better and maybe have more crafts that could be made with the Caretaker Coins/Gems. Once you've got the Common dragon there's really no point in them.
    Thank you for the detailed feedback!

The idea behind the craft is to give players more options who might have bad rng luck breeding the Dragon, but also to help players get more than one Gold Pheasant so they can both raise one and send another one on adventures. It can also be disenchanted for Essence for players who don't want the extras.

We've updated the Boost crafts in a way that we hope helps alleviate the confusion without creating more of it. For example: 2x Nest Boosts x 3 would probably make it even more confusing. They should now be listed as 2x Nest Boosts (3).

Rhino Keeper
    I'm really confused. So what's the prize for this event?

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE='[S8] Elsa;1533046']you can do it!

First, get your Gold Pheasant Dragon through breed or craft. Send it on adventures in the Outpost regularly (important!) to get your points.

You can make another one for the raising goal or Disenchant any extras.

[QUOTE='[S8] Elsa;1533046']you can do it!

First, get your Gold Pheasant Dragon through breed or craft. Send it on adventures in the Outpost regularly (important!) to get your points.

You can make another one for the raising goal or Disenchant any extras.

AT LAST - THANK YOU STORM 8
    A very welcome change of format - new approach adds flavour
    So - Im on Attempt 9 (yet another fail) to breed The common Gold Pheasant - BUT with the NEW crafting option I can bypass my abysmal luck in breeding commons and progress. The irony is that Im on holiday in Indonesia so often out of range when travelling so I probably wont finish. But at least I know that under normal circumstance I would have and for the first time in months Im actually looking forward to the next community event. Sure hope we see a similar change in Storybook format.
    Thanks again Storm8 for making the LUCK element less crucial.

5 MORE FAILED ATTEMPTS - 2 of 16 hours
    I’ve used up all the platinum coins now so crafting result still days away.
    So far I’ve bred 4 Super and 4 Rare dragons out of my 14 tries. I wish I could do this when I’m NOT trying to breed a common lol. It’s been months since I’ve bred a dragon I’ve actually kept.
    Why oh why am I so rubbish at breeding common dragons when we need them to progress!

Oh well thanks to S8 innovation at least I can continue crafting but At this rate Ill be lucky to get it in time. No doubt Ill soon breed one after the event is over.
    Last edited by Ellerslie6; 08-10-18 at 03:24 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Thank you for the detailed feedback!

The idea behind the craft is to give players more options who might have bad rng luck breeding the Dragon, but also to help players get more than one Gold Pheasant so they can both raise one and send another one on adventures. It can also be disenchanted for Essence for players who don't want the extras.

We've updated the Boost crafts in a way that we hope helps alleviate the confusion without creating more of it. For example: 2x Nest Boosts x 3 would probably make it even more confusing. They should now be listed as 2x Nest Boosts (3).
    I'm glad to see the boosts have been better labeled. The fact that s8 made this change in such timely manner is great and it's very encouraging to think that future issues will be dealt with the same.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast