Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gold Pheasant Dragon August 7 2018 (Goal)(Spell Shop)

Playful and air, second try
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Fashion Designer
    fails: wooden , clockwork , hoot
    another 9 hrs fail on the nest...
    why am i getting all the long hrs fails... (starting to pull my hair, what irritates me is that clockwork seldom come to my island when we are not required to breed common dragon for all the task in tales and this one. and secondly, i found out i breed Gold Pheasant for my baby account, where i can seldom reach getting dragon milestone for event)

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=AinoDK;1533137]No luck yet. Got another infinity as a fail with Gold and Crusader though, so there's 100 essence.

Does anyone know if it can be bred from Mythic and Crusader? it says breed Red and Yellow, but I would like to at least have a chance for Helios among all the countless other fail

I got it with Mythic and Amphora. Now I have 13 Caretaker Gems that I don't know what to do with. Hope they, and caretaker platinum, can be used for something else down the road.

Rhino Keeper
    Very pleased with the LB points for this game. I don't usually get the 2nd Dragon, but am very close already. Both SR Oriole and UR Secretary, have extremely low food cost to level up. Thanks Storm8!! I'm psyched.

Farm Supplier
    three solid days of trying to bread another new common, and of course, all8 and 10 or 2 hour fails! haven't been able to finish an event needing to breed in months!

Banned
    Just as I thought I would have to give up and depend on crafting the thing, Air and Fire gave me the 03:59:59 I needed. Now I'm waiting on more platinum to do what Elsa suggested and craft an extra for missions.

On a side note: Why are Caretaker Platinums dropping at an excruciating slow rate while the Caretaker Gold drops like water?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    On a side note: Why are Caretaker Platinums dropping at an excruciating slow rate while the Caretaker Gold drops like water?
    Because you can craft the platinums, not the caretaker gold, tying up crafting, preventing you in crafting keys, tempting you to buy habitats that can hold more dragons, making you buy gold for money...

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post
    Because you can craft the platinums, not the caretaker gold, tying up crafting, preventing you in crafting keys, tempting you to buy habitats that can hold more dragons, making you buy gold for money...
    The event gives 10 Marble Keys as a community reward for a 7 day event, which means you're receiving more keys than you could have crafted during that time. You can can breed Gold Pheasant Dragon if you don't want to craft it. Tying up crafting to push habitats doesn't really work as a theory here. It's genuinely just another way to get a Dragon needed for the event.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Kooky,
    Probably best to correct your post about the items required to craft a Caretaker Gem as it is misleading. We need 25 Caretaker Golds and 25 Caretaker Platinums to craft one as opposed to Caretaker Silvers. Btw, you've also misspelled "Platinum".
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-10-18 at 01:36 PM. Reason: removed quote

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I'm having trouble breeding it but I have almost enough Caretaker Gems to craft it so I'm not worried - I have 11 now.
    By now, I think the penny will have dropped for many that Caretaker Platinums are a huge bottleneck as both the Breeding Den and Evolution Temple only drop one for each hour of breeding/evolving; then to craft a Caretaker Platinum takes two hours and you need 25 Caretaker Platinums in order to craft a Caretaker Gem!!! With one Breeding Den and two Evolution Temples going full tilt, I will finally be able to craft this pesky Gold Pheasant in five hours time; needing six hours crafting, followed by four hours in the nest before I can finally hatch it, which is past midway through the event!

Trying the breed the critter has been ridiculous with five long fails so far; which I'm sure it is a tactic to try and get me to spend gold to activate my Breeding roost or to compel me to buy it! Still though, I am grateful that we are able to craft it albeit mindnumbingly SLOW!!!

Anyway, echoing others in the forum, I'm pleased with the points earning rate for this revamped event as at the current rate, I won't even need to have the Gold Pheasant, largely due to the higher drop rate for harvesting food and from evolving than advertised. :-)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast