Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Thread: Castle Story 8/2: A Midsummer Sprite's Dream event | *goals and info on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    I tried to buy the last potion And I?m short on a few gems but it won?t let me purchase any gems so I can?t finish it and it had 15 mins to spare before the event ended
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-15-18 at 07:59 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Rhino Keeper
    My informal survey!

- I liked that the event made use of plots. The last one I can recall is Glimmer Garlic? I remember liking the item so much I maxed out on it even though I would never need it again. I had planned to keep honorary plots with them, but I accidentally harvested them not even a week after that event finished, lol. I exhausted way too much Energy this time to feel like doing it with Magic Beans, though I like the item because they remind me of Ocarina of Time. Chomp chomp.
    - $325 for the Garden Bulb Plant was nice (though I guess we had to buy more of these because of the lower than usual drop rates + only 10 hits). Usually it's a $2000 tree or something and $2200 Rock Outcropping. This was probably one of the more affordable events for players who don't have hundreds of thousands of coins yet.
    - The art is good as usual. This time, I also enjoyed the animation of Fire Fly and Grand Fire Fly in combat.

Dislikes
    - I never got compensated for all those Magic Beans I harvested in the beginning with no Energy return. It feels like I got punished for starting the event on time even though it's S8 who didn't work out the bugs before launching the event. As a player, I would rather the developers take more time to work these things out and smoothly start the events later than start an imperfect event earlier with so many problems. It makes participating in these events so frustrating. Please space them out if you can't work out the problems in 1 or 2 weeks before launching a new event full of bugs and issues.
    - I would collect from several Cottages, only to spawn a Dire Boar instead of the event's Grand Fire Fly. Considering the 4-hour wait time, this felt rather unfair. With Farmhouses' Fangbeasts and Fire Flies, at least the wait to try again was 10 minutes.
    - The item drops and monster spawn rates could have been fairer.

Others
    - Prize: I like the Fire Fly Cove the most. I was expecting another transformation when I upgraded to level 7, but it still looks nice as it is. I know Puck was trapped in there, but it's so pretty, I think of it as Puck's House, haha. In general, I like vegetation to decorate the kingdom with. When I expand more, the "woods" will disappear, so I like having trees/plants in place of them to make the kingdom look more natural.
    - Planning: Even with planning, the uncertain drops (especially the 6-hour Giant Bloom) made it difficult to know if the event was possible for me complete on time. Assuming a person needs 8 hours of sleep a day, I don't know if it's possible for me to complete the event with natural time-charged Energy. Players without extra Energy resources will have too hard of a time, as even with some extra Energy, I struggled a lot.
    - Difficulty level: Felt overly challenged. This is the first event (excluding Monster Hunt, where the open-ended goal is usually to craft as much Troll Tokens as possible) where I neglected most of my kingdom and STILL felt like I might not finish the given tasks. It got better when I progressed and got lucky at certain points with drop rates, but at the beginning, I started the event feeling very ominously about the whole thing.
    - Overall: That neutral rating where I'm neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, I guess. Definitely leaning towards somewhat dissatisfied. Because I managed to finish, BUT it was a really messy start with no Energy return from Magic Beans and then the issue in the middle with crafting Giant Bloom Seeds/Giant Petals and then the difficulty spawning Grand Fire Flies with limited Cottages and a 4-hour timer. I only managed to avoid the Giant Bloom Disaster because faster players ran into the problem first. It very easily could have been me with 1 Giant Bloom only over the weekend, and I doubt I would have completed the event with such a setback.
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Nightclub Owner
    Planning: Even with planning, the uncertain drops (especially the 6-hour Giant Bloom) made it difficult to know if the event was possible for me complete on time. Assuming a person needs 8 hours of sleep a day, I don't know if it's possible for me to complete the event with natural time-charged Energy. Players without extra Energy resources will have too hard of a time, as even with some extra Energy, I struggled a lot.
    I would have found this extremely challenging even if I had extra stores of energy. I just wouldn’t have the time to babysit my game for the hours required to complete this.

S8

Is there a reason the beanstalk can still be planted? This was a timed event so just wondering.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Where’s the survey? Has anyone seen one? Is there interest in learning and growing from this event??? :/

Rhino Keeper
    I participated up until the 12 elixirs thing and didn’t feel like fooling with the terrible drop rates on the fruits or bulbs or whatever, nor do I have stores of energy. I spent my time working on mermaid and Sabina goals. Don’t even care what I missed out on cause I refuse to stress over a game.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354