Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/2: A Midsummer Sprite's Dream event | *goals and info on page 1*

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Congratulations. I can't imagine all the work you put into this. Starting from the ground up so to speak.
    Thanks

Executive Chef
    I will finally upgrade to level 6 after fighting 1 more firefly and collecting 62 beans. With less than 24 hours, I won't even bother trying for level 7.

Admittedly, there were a few days I could only log on 2-3 times a day and I wasn't far enough along at that point to make real progress (no fireflies, plants or blooms). I do have 2 wizard schools, 6 daily Ali's (3 are unicorns) and the doll couple to give extra energy. I think if we had the ability to collect the leaves and bulbs earlier I'd have a fighting chance. I've logged on every 2-3 hours since Thursday (minus sleeping).
    So this game controlled my RL and I wasn't able complete the event.

It would be better if the events had daily goals like the chapter events if the daily goals don't take 3+ days to complete due to too much chopping, random drops, multiple collections from buildings with 12+ hours collection timers. Then S8 would still have people that use gems to finish quicker.

It would be even better if there was a few days between each event because it is impossible to participate in events AND progress in your kingdom.

Events are optional but most of us fear that the one event we sit out has a love shack type prize, and by the time we learn how valuable the final prize is, we've lost too much time and energy to complete the event.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 08-14-18 at 06:58 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Sigh...yup. I think I?m at this place too.

This is helping my decision to just quit too.
    I am throwing the towel in also! Trying to get the antennas and enough elixir is absolutely ridiculous! I have no idea how anyone could complete this event! Congratulations to all that did!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    So this game controlled my RL and I wasn't able complete the event.
    I?m also upset that this event controlled my RL. Too much for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post
    I am *certain* the last days will present a bundle including petals. It's a sale too good to miss for S8
    Well, so true :-)
    I bought it because if I let the game control my RL so much, at least I feel like it should not be for nothing. Although I also don?t find it so healthy to buy something just out of frustration...
    But I decided to control my mobile times better in future, no online times when I?m supposed to work anymore. If an event cannot be finished, I?ll just live with it. At least that is the idea, I hope I will stick to it.
    And yes I also miss those times where you could just invest into your kingdom without any event. But I guess if too much time passes without any, others will complain that it?s boring, so there?s probably no really good solution to this.

Rhino Keeper
    i have been trying so hard to finish this event, spent lots of energy bought more cottages wish i had done that earlier because im not gonna have enough garden elixir or attennas and only have 13 hours to finish. if im able i might buy to finish but that is crazy with the amount of time and effort i have spent on this event...i have more then enough energy so idk what happened. very frustrating just hope itse gonna be worth it to buy to finish. hope next event is not so stressful.....we really need something to help up get expansion permits for new expansion updates....that would be so worth all this energy and time...oh well

Dear Rogue Dagger
    I am so sorry if my post is offending or harsh. I admire that there are players who succeed and I have quite often succeeded. And sometimes I have helped it a little along the way with the help from saved crystals. This time, I had 2 days in the beginning of the event where I had a slow start (as I was on a weekend off), and for that reason the goals along the way were not too clear, and I could realise two days ago that it would not be possible to get the garb and the essences completed for the last level up.
    I still continue to collect from cottages an flowers, but maybe I ought to concentrate on the not time limited quest instead.
    As you also have realised it is actually hard work to complete and you have to time so that you use every energy sensibly(8 hour sleep is a no go).
    But this is not a ranting on someone not having a life! which was also more obvious if you had quoted my complete post and not only the catchphrase

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by atiragram View Post
    I?m also upset that this event controlled my RL. Too much for my taste.

Well, so true :-)
    I bought it because if I let the game control my RL so much, at least I feel like it should not be for nothing. Although I also don?t find it so healthy to buy something just out of frustration...
    But I decided to control my mobile times better in future, no online times when I?m supposed to work anymore. If an event cannot be finished, I?ll just live with it. At least that is the idea, I hope I will stick to it.
    And yes I also miss those times where you could just invest into your kingdom without any event. But I guess if too much time passes without any, others will complain that it?s boring, so there?s probably no really good solution to this.
    It’s hard for me to finish these difficult timed events as I have a really demanding job that prevents me from logging on several times per day. I too wonder how people finish these tasks at all and so quickly if they actually do work. Even if you have tons of energy stored, when would one find that much time to **** all those monsters and collect all those beans and chop all those flowers if you’re actually working? I would imagine some players will use gems to help them along too.
    For those taking offense at the previous “real life” comment, I mean no offense but I have often wondered how it can be done too!
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 08-15-18 at 04:44 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I might make it if the giant blooms didn't have such long timers and gave so little. I still need 7 garden elixers and of course the queens garb. Forum luck helped me with the grand fire flies but without those giant petals I can't make the queens garb. I honestly just want to upgrade to level 7. I don't mind having the walker. The look and image of the building/flower, is something I really like plus I seriously need some trade trickets. Out of everything I've collected over the years, trade trickets and expansion permits remain difficult to build up for me.

Is there a possibility I'd finish? Does anyone know? Keep in mind I only have about 40 energy. My ali's drop just before the event ends. I figure maybe I can make it on the garden elixers but the giant blooms are really bothering me. I still have 10 to collect and I have all the giant blooms. Speeding them up with gems isn't something I can do unless its a low gem count. I can speed up the queens garb with a gems. So think I'll make it or should I toss in the old towel and not give myself so many grey hairs?

Farm Supplier
    I’m not going to be able to finish, which stinks because I really wanted Titania. Hopefully I’ll have better luck on the next one.

New Resident
    I?ve finished but did put in a lot of time & effort..... minus any extra help from secret bundles
    Looking forward to the next quest