Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    I have a herd of Ali’s, no Love Shack. I have earned them in events and received them from the Baron‘s tent. I even got a regular Ali once, watching the ads. I bought 2 daily Ali’s when they were on sale. It does take effort and game play to get them. By no means easy. I feel this is a reward for playing pretty much every day for years. And I hear the Love Shack is not very generous anyway. Just my experience with Ali’s. (and yes, I have not forgotten the Wedding Ali incidence)
    Agree with you here. I also do not have the love shack and have played very hard every day (and been willing to spend a weekly allowance) in order to get where I am. We are all playing the same game. Some are just playing it differently. And I also have heard that the love shack is not that generous. I save up my weekly allowance (in gem buying) for months before Black Friday so that I can spend tons on energy resources.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSwift View Post
    I can TOTALLY relate... I'm level 44, which I feel is an inflated level because of all the chop/chop events I've participated in that artificially elevate your XP. This hunt I barely squeaked out 70 tokens and now have my MRC baking in the oven. Sadly, it sounds like when it's finished I won't be able to make anything with it because I'll have used up all the tokens I had just to build it. Now I'll have to wait three or more months for the next MH. But... I'm not going to feel disheartened by any of this or all the accounts from people that produced 2x / 3x as many tokens as I have. It just shows me there's a path to a "better life", even if it's without the Love Shack (but I wouldn't mind if they offered it to us newbs). LOL!

After all... this was my third MH and I DID far exceed my results from the previous two MH's so I have reason to celebrate. Ignorance would be somewhat blissful but I don't think I would have done as well this MH without the insights from this forum so it kinda cuts both ways.

Keep fighting the good fight!
    Wow, and I was very happy to get 40+ troll tokens...My best monster hunt yet (level 50, 1 wizard school, a couple of alicorns). Ignorance is bliss indeed.

I decided to craft the mythic research center, hoping it was a wise choice.

Saw the weekday warrior this morning, normally I miss that one because I'm working thursdays and it's precisely during my working hours. Not that I did anything with it today, not exactly needing it and not motivated.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post

I decided to craft the mythic research center, hoping it was a wise choice.

Saw the weekday warrior this morning, normally I miss that one because I'm working thursdays and it's precisely during my working hours. Not that I did anything with it today, not exactly needing it and not motivated.

My MRC is now complete and I have no troll tokens to craft any of the animals... Oh well!! Hopefully the Beastbane Display I splurged on just recently will come through and drop a few.

I was ready for the weekday warrior. I had a feeling it would come after we were done with the event. I had neglected everything else in my kingdom for pretty much the whole ten days of the MH so I needed it! Fortunately the duration and timing of this week's WW, for me, means I could do one unlimited energy sprint right before I went to bed (making sure to park that forth monster so as not to trigger the second unlimited) and then let everything recharge overnight so I can wake up have a productive sprint again in the morning! Now I'm set for the next in the endless parade of events.

*Tilt* Charge!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    <clip>
    --------------------
    Not directed at you, but at the forum in general:
    It's demoralizing for new players such as myself to read about people who had 600+ energy saved up from their army of alicorns, usually made from the Love Shack, only issued in 2013. I have to log in every 2 hours for my 40 energy, plus wizard schools every 5. I am level 38 and delighted to walk away with 60+ tickets. We are not playing the same game, and at times I wish I'd never found the forums. Ignorance was bliss. :-(
    Not referring to you personally but lower level players.. it's true the LB groups were not divided equally in energy power. I think they're divided by RPs, but who knows, it's difficult to figure out and we can't form the groups ourselves, so we make the best of what we can, judging the single situations.

But for the rest that feel demoralized and 'left out'.. it's to remember that those fabulous Ali Powered kingdoms you see.. one day a long time ago, all started in the same place with a low level, struggling for energy, having no money and had an inferior play speed.

Whether they have the Love Shack or not is not important as at that time Daily Alis of all types, Baron's Tent, Boosts, unlimited energy, energy crates, lower requirements did not exist and upleveling was extremely slow compared to today's pace.

It's only with patience, constance, dedication and love for the game did they reached the top categories... which one day you'll certainly reach too, with an army of Alis and heaps of secondary energy supplies you yourself have obtained.

Our forum is here to give specifically to lower levels and inexperienced players a helping hand, offering collections of information, tips, a place to post questions and have answers so they can climb up faster and be on the right track.

There's no reason to feel demoralized as it's the same road we all had to run.
    Good Luck and keep going!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Not referring to you personally but lower level players.. it's true the LB groups were not divided equally in energy power. I think they're divided by RPs, but who knows, it's difficult to figure out and we can't form the groups ourselves, so we make the best of what we can, judging the single situations.

But for the rest that feel demoralized and 'left out'.. it's to remember that those fabulous Ali Powered kingdoms you see.. one day a long time ago, all started in the same place with a low level, struggling for energy, having no money and had an inferior play speed.

Whether they have the Love Shack or not is not important as at that time Daily Alis of all types, Baron's Tent, Boosts, unlimited energy, energy crates, lower requirements did not exist and upleveling was extremely slow compared to today's pace.

It's only with patience, constance, dedication and love for the game did they reached the top categories... which one day you'll certainly reach too, with an army of Alis and heaps of secondary energy supplies you yourself have obtained.

Our forum is here to give specifically to lower levels and inexperienced players a helping hand, offering collections of information, tips, a place to post questions and have answers so they can climb up faster and be on the right track.

There's no reason to feel demoralized as it's the same road we all had to run.
    Good Luck and keep going!
    I started to play 5 1/2 years ago when we had the love shack. I have to agree that the love shack was and still is not that generous. I think that a lot of players who have armies of weekly Alicorns had to have paid some cash for at least some of them-I know I did. I also saved a lot to buy things on Black Friday and that is where I got most of my daily ali's. I did win 3 in the Baron's tent and few in other events here and there. But all in all it has been an uphill battle. I did not discover this forum until just lately and it has helped me greatly with the MH. The first MH I competed in, I bombed completely. We only had the choice of the extra cooking camp at that time and when the MH was over I did not get enough gold tokens to purchase it. When it said "buy for 50 gems" I thought I would be buying the cooking camp for 50 gems so I happily clicked on it and nothing happened so I clicked on it 2 more times before I realized that it was 50 gems for each token, not the whole cooking camp. I felt like such a dunce! In those days, I did not have a clue! So keep playing. The main difference between players like me and lower level players is that we were all at the same level so we had no higher level players to to compare ourselves to. We all just muddled along.
    S8 please remove cap on level

Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    When it said "buy for 50 gems" I thought I would be buying the cooking camp for 50 gems so I happily clicked on it and nothing happened so I clicked on it 2 more times before I realized that it was 50 gems for each token, not the whole cooking camp. I felt like such a dunce! In those days, I did not have a clue! So keep playing. The main difference between players like me and lower level players is that we were all at the same level so we had no higher level players to to compare ourselves to. We all just muddled along.
    Wow! I had looked at that purchase option and wondered... but it seemed too suspicious and too good to be true. I can imagine feeling gut shot about that. Thank you for sharing that nugget. You just answered the stupid question I wasn?t going to ask!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    I started to play 5 1/2 years ago when we had the love shack. I have to agree that the love shack was and still is not that generous. I think that a lot of players who have armies of weekly Alicorns had to have paid some cash for at least some of them-I know I did. I also saved a lot to buy things on Black Friday and that is where I got most of my daily ali's. I did win 3 in the Baron's tent and few in other events here and there. But all in all it has been an uphill battle. I did not discover this forum until just lately and it has helped me greatly with the MH. The first MH I competed in, I bombed completely. We only had the choice of the extra cooking camp at that time and when the MH was over I did not get enough gold tokens to purchase it. When it said "buy for 50 gems" I thought I would be buying the cooking camp for 50 gems so I happily clicked on it and nothing happened so I clicked on it 2 more times before I realized that it was 50 gems for each token, not the whole cooking camp. I felt like such a dunce! In those days, I did not have a clue! So keep playing. The main difference between players like me and lower level players is that we were all at the same level so we had no higher level players to to compare ourselves to. We all just muddled along.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSwift View Post
    Wow! I had looked at that purchase option and wondered... but it seemed too suspicious and too good to be true. I can imagine feeling gut shot about that. Thank you for sharing that nugget. You just answered the stupid question I wasn?t going to ask!!
    As you see.. forum gives even answers we don't want to ask so end up doing something stupid, without having a clue on what's going to happen. I think all oldies, me included, did this one time or the other.. thinking 'hey! that's reasonable!' and then... 'GULP'... oh oh! OMG! What did I do!... *$?€%*
    Forum is not only helpful.. lol! but a good place to be! and when I meet newbie nbrs on the CS wall.. I always suggest them to visit CS forum. CS-life becomes easier and certain errors we don't have to pay for!

💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    i'm no love shack, ONE weekly ali [not counting 2 event ones] but I snatch up as many daily ones as i reasonably can. thus I can save up a few thousand energy if i'm not going crazy on some goal. I just think that if you can buy 3-6 daily alis for the price of ONE weekly, it's a better deal. not even sure of the black friday sale, still expensive

Fashion Designer
    If it makes any of the newer players feel better, having 10,000 energy in reserve and averaging about 4-500 per day from alicorns and other sources, totaling about 15,000 energy expended over the course of 10 days, I still only came in 4th place with 15,500 points. I rarely did the deliveries, just when I was maxed on whatever items were used to craft them, since I wasn't really into the L. I ran out of time with about 1400 energy remaining while trying to maximize gold tokens.... and have 8 dead trees that I can't store as a result.

The top two in my group had 32,000 and 35,000, and I can only imagine what kind of resources they must have had in order to be able to do that. I was sure that their point accumulations would eventually slow way down once they ran out of their stored energy which I was sure couldn't be more than my starting 10,000, but apparently I was wrong. Could I have tried harder with deliveries and bought boosts? Sure, I have about 1500 gems, but I really didn't want to.... and I guess from reading about the royal lion drops I am glad I didn't waste any gems, money or effort to do so.

So it was probably the best MH ever for those of us wanting gold tokens. For those wanting the royal lion, the LB portion was unfortunate.
    No Gems For Runes!

I don't understand why I don't see the level rise at the wizard's portal