Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Executive Chef
    Well that was the most boring LB event I?ve been involved in. After deciding that it wasn?t worth trying to go for joint places because the monster part of the event makes it impossible to do so. I didn?t really interact with my fellow contestants apart from with one neighbour, from time to time. The spirit of the LB event of trying to accomplish something that we can all achieve was lost. Ok so I?m ridiculously busy and didn?t try, but still I like the connection and spirit that?s been created before pre monster/ LB event, and at the last event I got a few friends from it.

On the other side is the fact I?ve worked out if I concentrate solely on the gold trade tokens and purely fighting glimmer golems and the odd dire boar I can get around 80 tokens each event. Of course this was a slightly longer hunt so will probably be around 60 next time, unless they stay the same length. Which means each hunt I should be able to gain a prize. After a few days I realised I just didn?t want to make any of the LB items so just stopped.

My final result was 6th, and I got over 7,000. The leader won on 15,000, the second just under and third got 14,000. I worked out that all those above used boosts of some form, as I was the highest that was steadily growing and not jumping ahead by a few thousand at a time. I?m happy with how I played. I?m happy for those that won. Win win.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 08-02-18 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Typo changes
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    Guess who just finished Novice Challenge for the first time this hunt? (Guess it would be more accurate to say "post hunt"!) I'm aware of the low spawn rates for Fangbeasts, I just find it funny that the "Novice" Challenge is probably the least completed one. I had a lot of Hot Peppers ready at the start of the hunt because I thought I might at least try to complete it since I need some anyway, but I gave that up right away and saved my Energy for guaranteed Troll and Boar spawns.

I'm glad I didn't waste all that extra Energy because I juuustt managed to put the Mythic Research Center into the Trade Wagon and have 5 Troll Tokens leftover to craft a Golden Peacock. I could save them for the next hunt, but I think those tokens will be more valuable traded now for an item that may get me some Golden items until the next one. I'm looking forward to the next Monster Hunt so I can use the MRC again!
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Rhino Keeper
    I got grouped into a group that ended up with 2 #1, at 8324 points
    luckily I ended up at #6 place with 6408 points, which was good enough for me because I wanted the trade tickets

Pretty insane

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    I got grouped into a group that ended up with 2 #1, at 8324 points
    luckily I ended up at #6 place with 6408 points, which was good enough for me because I wanted the trade tickets

Pretty insane
    Just asking as I've always have been curious what the LB rules are.
    When you have like in your case 2 players in #1 position.. what position follows next?
    Second? (as it's the 'positions' that are considered) or
    Third? (as it's the number of 'participants' that are considered)
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 08-02-18 at 03:50 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Pretty happy with the monster hunt portion of this event. As usual. Pretty unhappy with the LB portion as usual because, well, it?s an LB. got about 230 gold tokens so got got two lions and two wizard?s portals. The lions have dropped about 12 trade tickets for me over the hunt so about an exta ticket a day when averaged out. Once I have all four then I should get two extra tickets a day. Really not that bad when you consider that?s two extra permits a month I wouldn?t otherwise have. I did win the LB but only because of all the monster fighting I did. I didn?t actually play the LB except for a few accidental lion coins I got when I spawned lions without meaning to. My first collection from my royal lion was a wisp. Sigh. And this is why I never go for more than a 3000 points (or whatever the top prize is) when it?s just an LB. The prizes are never worth the money and effort. Maybe the short collection time will make up for it. Will keep reporting drops.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Just asking as I've always have been curious what the LB rules are.
    When you have like in your case 2 players in #1 position.. what position follows next?
    Second? (as it's the 'positions' that are considered) or
    Third? (as it's the number of 'participants' that are considered)
    for mine, with 2 of them tied at #1, it showed
    #1 8324 (points) ( gold medal )
    #1 8324 (gold)
    #3 7378 (bronze)
    #4 6938
    #5 6780
    #6 me with 6408 points

there was no 2nd place, no silver medal

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    for mine, with 2 of them tied at #1, it showed
    #1 8324 (points) ( gold medal )
    #1 8324 (gold)
    #3 7378 (bronze)
    #4 6938
    #5 6780
    #6 me with 6408 points

there was no 2nd place, no silver medal
    Thanks for answering. Seems so strange to me 2nd place and prize are skipped, that's what I suspected but never had the confirm. I always thought *all* race results were listed following the sequence of numbers in positions.. even if ties were included. Not that I'm a sports expert but this style seems different.

I've never had ties in final LB results, that's why I was curious to learn from who did. Thanks again.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Pretty happy with the monster hunt portion of this event. As usual. Pretty unhappy with the LB portion as usual because, well, it?s an LB. got about 230 gold tokens so got got two lions and two wizard?s portals. The lions have dropped about 12 trade tickets for me over the hunt so about an exta ticket a day when averaged out. Once I have all four then I should get two extra tickets a day. Really not that bad when you consider that?s two extra permits a month I wouldn?t otherwise have. I did win the LB but only because of all the monster fighting I did. I didn?t actually play the LB except for a few accidental lion coins I got when I spawned lions without meaning to. My first collection from my royal lion was a wisp. Sigh. And this is why I never go for more than a 3000 points (or whatever the top prize is) when it?s just an LB. The prizes are never worth the money and effort. Maybe the short collection time will make up for it. Will keep reporting drops.
    I won mine too and have the same results from the royal lion. Wisp. I’m low
    Level so they are welcome. I’m not sure about the tickets yet. Save them up?

The collection time for the royal lion is 6 hours. I was convinced it would be 22hr, so it's a nice surprise. I got 2 trade tickets, which is an even better surprise

Rhino Keeper
    I loved this MH! I got over 150 gold tokens so I got the Portal and made an armored lion. I used some later to upgrade my portal. I did not mind the LB-in fact I won first but just from fighting so many monsters! I did buy the boost when I knew that I had a lot of energy available. This MH was nice because of the length-I got to use my weekly Alicorns twice. This was definitely my favorite event . So sorry to those who could not connect on the last day-that would make a grown man cry. So far no trade tickets from my armored lion-just earth wisps.
    S8 please remove cap on level