Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Host(ess)
    My lion decoration disappeared. I contacted support and they fixed it within an hour. Nice job S8!
    Last edited by hackenbush74; 07-28-18 at 07:00 PM.

Wizards portal

Does anyone know what this does and is it worth having?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Still_waters View Post
    Does anyone know what this does and is it worth having?
    Hi, I've merged your question to this thread. There is info on page 1 about this. It's basically another source of energy. I've pieced together what has been posted about it in the Inventory post on page 1 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by theone2001 View Post
    Help me decide what to craft next:

Cabbage hut (I don?t have one)
    Unicorn (have 1 currently)
    Armored Alicorn (have 3 currently)
    Armored Flyger (have 1 currently. Have only gotten one expansion permit since placing it)
    Armored Direwolf (had been saving for this but now wonder if it is worth it)
    Armored Lion (new)

Decided not to get wizard portal because it requires to many gold tokens to level up.

The wizards portal will need 175 (if my math is correct) gold tokens to reach level 5. Check first page with level info plus initial cost.

Thanks for your help!
    The cabbage hut. All of the rest you can get as time goes, they will stay in the MRC. But in the tent the alicorns, if and when offered, stay just for a month, so your chance for extra energy sources will pass. Same is true for pretty things, in case you like these, they are offered in the tent for limited time as well.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    Looking into this now.
    I see it's fixed now, thank you! I'm glad it's 15 tickets for third.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Rock Golem - ??? (I never get these in my realm for some reason)
    I think i got one once and was so surprised I blurred it from my memory, I still don?t truly know what happened or why.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSwift View Post
    I've been playing CS for a short period of time now... and though I can't remember when I started, for most of you who post out on this forum, I suspect if I say, "this is my third monster hunt" that will give a good indication of the amount of time I've been playing. My first monster hunt I had no idea what I was doing and I wasn't privy to this forum either, so you can imagine I wasn't very effective. By my second monster hunt I had started reading and researching on what some of the items were and why they might be important, specifically what in the world Lorelei's Fountain did and how to get it. Now I'm upon my third monster hunt and, with a number of other events under my belt, I'm really starting to shape what I think my priorities are and how best, in the post Love Shack era, to go about achieving them. I don't have an MRC yet so that's a focus for me right now. In the meantime I'm getting the sense that having the Beastbane Display would be useful no matter what, but the 400 gem price tag seems a bit steep and unfortunately I missed out on the chance for a 75 gem discount on the Beastbane Display in an associated goal I let expire some time ago (probably while I was trudging forth blindly during my first monster hunt). While I believe in supporting a SW development company that provides a product that I get a decent amount of entertainment out of, I do not believe in making an excessive amount of in app purchases (of gems or otherwise), especially in a game that (let's be honest here) robs you of gems unexpectedly through a strategically designed UI. So my question is a simple one...

Since I'm on a tight gem budget, is there any possibility that the Beastbane will go on sale or at this point in my game is 400 gems the best deal I can likely expect to get?

I appreciate all the feedback and experience everyone shares on this site! Thank you.
    I've been playing for about a year and I'm pretty sure the beastbane has not gone on sale at all during this time, unless you count the rebate offer in my first monster hunt. I don't think it was on sale last black friday. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have to buy it at full price (3/4 of the way there now). Still I think it will be worth it. If you're very good at avoiding gem traps you could try to hold out to black friday and see what's on offer, but I'd probably just buy it and not risk losing my gems to a trap (I must have lost at least 40 spread over several gem traps (maybe more), while saving up the 300 gems I have now).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    Lol!! That crab could eat that lion for lunch! I know we have been complaining about the footprint of things but that lion is rediculous!
    Either the Lion came from Lilliput or the Crab came from The Land of the Giants.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cheers196 View Post
    I am also debating if I should go for the portal or not. It requires lots of gold tokes but isn?t it better energy return to have the level 5 portal than having 2 of armored direwolf? Or am I wrong? Math people, please tell me!
    What we could really do with is someone fabulous like ?Shibuya? ?cough? to do a table of the energy return of an item, compared with the energy required to get it, and the long term energy return and when it starts paying off. In order of the most energy efficient down to those not so much. ?Cough? ?cough?

Addition: I think the Lucky Workshop is underrated. I regularly use this and regularly prepare enough lucky clover before Thursday’s. I regularly get energy and sometimes trade gold tokens. I find it’s not as energy exhaustive because the glimmerdust usually comes from other sources rather than my glimmerdust troves, and the same with the other ingredient I can’t remember, the only thing I purposefully do is grow the clover.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 07-27-18 at 12:07 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotarch View Post
    lol, i saw the "?" and answer.... to hot here...
    Yep right there with you, the UK is basking in heat, walking the dogs in the morning is enough exercise for me. I see what you mean. I really wish punctuation wasn?t altered by the forum algorithms.